Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
vandyzack7

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
New Here: Getting a 2013 Camaro as college graduation gift. Advice needed!!

Hey all! I am Zack and I'm from Middle Tennessee. My parents informed me that I get a new vehicle and I have two guidelines:

1. Has to be a GM (father works there).
2. Limit is around 30 thousand (father get's about 3K off).

I immediately decided that I wanted a Camaro, and with my price limit the best I can get is the 2 LT. I have my mind set on a 2013 2 LT Camaro.

I have spent a few weeks looking for pictures of different Camaros, and visiting car lots to view the different selections, and I THINKKKK that my favorite is the black camaro with shiny bright rims.

We went online and "built" our car but we didn't know what all those perks and what not really were, so here's where I need y'all's advice.... (Factor in that I am 20 years old)

1. What color would you recommend on my 2 LT? May be some I have missed.. Pictures would be awesome!

2. Which wheels are the best looking (in regards to shining and looking chrome).

3. What "perks" should I get with my vehicle, if any..

4. I noticed that when we were building my camaro, that a few things I wanted required a package that only offered "summer tires" - it said they aren't good for any other season but the dry seasons really, AND that they wear quicker. My father hates the sound of that.... what's the deal there?

5. Any advice at all in regards to getting a Camaro, what to do to my camaro, how to go about getting it, etc. Just anything....

Thanks in advance guys! Awesome looking vehicles BTW!
vandyzack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
look into the rs package, definitely worth it. You can add it to your 2LT
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
You are one lucky dude, I had to wait until I was almost 50 to get mine.

Here are a couple of pics of my black 2SS/RS that I ordered in 2008, the first 2 pictures are after I had the Razzi GFX installed. Personally I like the black better than any other color but it is a pain in the butt to keep clean.

I would recommend the RS option if you can afford it. I love my sunroof but some guys don't. Not sure what other options are even available in a 2013.

Russ
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
SkullDuggery

Drives: 2011 Black LS
Congrats! Can't go wrong with any Camaro. But for around 30 grand I would opt for a base SS you could always add extra's later. I myself got a base LS and have been having a blast customizing it.
Attached Images

SkullDuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
vandyzack7

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
You are one lucky dude, I had to wait until I was almost 50 to get mine.

Here are a couple of pics of my black 2SS/RS that I ordered in 2008, the first 2 pictures are after I had the Razzi GFX installed. Personally I like the black better than any other color but it is a pain in the butt to keep clean.

I would recommend the RS option if you can afford it. I love my sunroof but some guys don't. Not sure what other options are even available in a 2013.

Russ

OH MY GODDD..... I am a DIE HARD Vanderbilt fan, that black and gold camaro is the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life. How much would it cost to get something like that done??

And in regards to not being able to order a 2013, when we built it on the internet it said we could order it...?
vandyzack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
JBLUES

Drives: 2017 6.2 vert
Here is my black 2011 2LT/RS with 20" shiny rims
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1369350641
Attached Images

JBLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
msb7144

Drives: '12 1LT Camaro (wife's)
If nothing else get the RS package, the rest you can do on your own.
msb7144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Get a 1LS and call it a day...Ask your dad to give you the balance of the 30K for gas and insurance.....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Hey Zack,

Congratulations on your graduation as well as getting a new Camaro. I know how it feels since I got mine just a week ago. I also ended up getting a 2013 Victory Red 2LT/RS, last Thursday right about this time I shook hands with my dealer and drove mine off his lot.

As far as the perks go and from what I have understood, the built as per order is over. Now most of what you can get in 2013's is what is on the dealer's lot plus whatever features the dealers can Install. If you are building Camaro on chevrolet.com you will see that next to certain features it says Dealer Installed. If you pick any of those add-ons, chances are that most likely a dealer will be able to install them for you, but like I mentioned you won't be able to order a complete build to your specification at this point since they have stopped taking orders for 2013.

Don't let that stop you, there is a lot of choice still available with dealers. And as far as picking options goes, pick the things that you want in your Camaro. Its all about personalizing and enjoying the car.

Congratulations once more and good luck with the hunt. Looking forward to seeing it.

Here is my 2013 Victory Red 2LT/RS. The picture does not do it justice. :P

Last edited by pmandeep; 06-01-2013 at 08:58 PM.
pmandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #10
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Vandyzack7, may want to check with your dealer, but I believe OhioSS is right. My dealer told me that this past Monday was the last day to order. Good Luck!
Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyzack7 View Post
Hey all! I am Zack and I'm from Middle Tennessee. My parents informed me that I get a new vehicle and I have two guidelines:

1. Has to be a GM (father works there).
2. Limit is around 30 thousand (father get's about 3K off).

I immediately decided that I wanted a Camaro, and with my price limit the best I can get is the 2 LT. I have my mind set on a 2013 2 LT Camaro.

I have spent a few weeks looking for pictures of different Camaros, and visiting car lots to view the different selections, and I THINKKKK that my favorite is the black camaro with shiny bright rims.

We went online and "built" our car but we didn't know what all those perks and what not really were, so here's where I need y'all's advice.... (Factor in that I am 20 years old)

1. What color would you recommend on my 2 LT? May be some I have missed.. Pictures would be awesome!

2. Which wheels are the best looking (in regards to shining and looking chrome).

3. What "perks" should I get with my vehicle, if any..

4. I noticed that when we were building my camaro, that a few things I wanted required a package that only offered "summer tires" - it said they aren't good for any other season but the dry seasons really, AND that they wear quicker. My father hates the sound of that.... what's the deal there?

5. Any advice at all in regards to getting a Camaro, what to do to my camaro, how to go about getting it, etc. Just anything....

Thanks in advance guys! Awesome looking vehicles BTW!
Greetings Zack,

Congratulations on your graduation and eventual Camaro! Post pictures when you finally get it!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Are you set on a 13? b.c honestly id opt for a used SS. got my 10 2SS for 28k. (only 22k miles on it 2) and im only 24 so as long as u respect the car you will be fine with it. In my opinion there is something very special about the V8 (not that i dont like the V6).
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyzack7 View Post
That's if you buy (or order) a V6 Camaro with the RS package. For V6's, the RS package includes 20 inch wheels and summer only Pirelli tires (standard tire for SS models, BTW). Any other LS or LT (w/o the RS package) gives you 18 inch (LS) or 19 inch (LT) all-season tires.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
TheBandit18

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss M6
You could get a base ss without the RS package really close to 30
TheBandit18 is offline   Reply With Quote