Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
ex-SS-ve

RDP Motorsports

anyone ever bought a whipple supercharger or any other method of F.I from this vendor? just figured I would get personal reviews as im considering buying a 2.9 whipple for my 2010 ss from steve@rdp.. post up your experiences!
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/search...rchid=22082359

Heres a search with review on RDP.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
anyone ever bought a whipple supercharger or any other method of F.I from this vendor? just figured I would get personal reviews as im considering buying a 2.9 whipple for my 2010 ss from steve@rdp.. post up your experiences!
I'm not having good luck with my Vortech from these guys... I ordered back on May 30th. He forgot to order it after 2 months had already past. Been waiting ever since. I was told on the Dec. 10th another 9 days... Well it still hasn't shown up. No tracking numbers, nothing. Horrible experience. He told me he's waiting on another one as well for a build. I'm sure he'll get his for before I get mine.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by *_ERIC_* View Post
I'm not having good luck with my Vortech from these guys... I ordered back on May 30th. He forgot to order it after 2 months had already past. Been waiting ever since. I was told on the Dec. 10th another 9 days... Well it still hasn't shown up. No tracking numbers, nothing. Horrible experience. He told me he's waiting on another one as well for a build. I'm sure he'll get his for before I get mine.
Have you called vortech?
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_ERIC_* View Post
Definitely not what I wanted to see. however I started the process of buying the whipple from Steve. seemed great to speak with on the phone . hopefully theres some sort of resolution on your end, I can understand the frustration of having to wait for something that's yours..
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
I have no personal experience with him. I can tell you that my prior build was a Challenger and Steve and his company were like the Grim Reaper over on that forum. Tons of complaints about him and his work but honestly he regularly seemed to address those complaints and give the "rest of the story". The way I figure it he clearly has a successful business and has been doing it for years so he must be doing something right regardless of so much negativity I read.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
justinj

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS
I'm about to put my order in with Steve also. I don't understand why a order would not be submitted.. I'm sure it has to be with vortech.... Just call and find out. Most company's have no problem telling u.. I have seen and heard of whipple doing this all the time. I never give up thousands and don't ask questions about my order. RDP seem to be on top of there replies and seem to have good customer service from what I see.
2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-kooks long tube/flow-master American Thunder full exhaust, duel electric cutouts, Mcleod RXT, ZL1 3.73 kit, PFADT sway bars, Toe rods, Lowering springs, Trailing arms, solid rear cradle bushings, BMR motor mounts, Stage 7 RPM TR6060, Whipple Supercharger, LPE twin fuel pumps, ID850 injectors, Elite Catch Can, VEI Gauges, Blower Cam LS1 277LCB HR-14, Barton Short Throw Shifter. Widen Stock rims with 315s, Lots more. 615rwhp 530 rwtq on mustang dyno
justinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Have you called vortech?

No I sure haven't I left that responsibility to the vendor. Maybe you get the Whipple faster. I don't know. He said it would be 9 days, well, it's still not here.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinj View Post
I'm about to put my order in with Steve also. I don't understand why a order would not be submitted.. I'm sure it has to be with vortech.... Just call and find out. Most company's have no problem telling u.. I have seen and heard of whipple doing this all the time. I never give up thousands and don't ask questions about my order. RDP seem to be on top of there replies and seem to have good customer service from what I see.
I don't know why it wasn't submitted either. I waited around for 2 months to call leaving a message with both Jason and Lillian in July and August. They never got back to me. I finally sent an email threatening to post my problem on this forum. Steve quickly responded, saying he fudged up and forgot to order it. This was in August. He stated my injectors and fuel pump were there just sitting in a box. He was like, I was just asking why these were sitting here.

I didn't get my pump until October and finally received the injectors earlier this month. Why didn't I get my injectors and pump at the same time if they were just sitting there in a box if you had them when you asked me if I wanted them now? He ended up ordering another set of injectors which were more expensive than the ones I had ordered. I'm not complaining about that.

I've asked many questions, and it's been a run around. I've been asking questions all the time I just don't feel the need to wait 7 months for something when I could have ordered it through Vortech myself or some other company for that matter and received it faster.

He stated when I first ordered the Vortech that it takes 2 weeks to make it and ship it out. Obviously this was a lot longer than 2 weeks. Even after he screwed up and forgot to order it. Ok, I can excuse some of that. I know we're human and make mistakes.

I will say that Steve has been trying to make it right though, offered to give me a tuning for free. I don't have a problem with him personally, I think he's a great guy who wants to fix this issue. I just don't like the way business is conducted. I shouldn't have to be on the phone sending texts/calling to figure out what is the status every other week. If Vortech is backed up, then tell me they're backed up. Keep me informed. Just don't wait for me to call/text asking what's the deal.

I shouldn't have to call to remind people that I'm still waiting on parts. I've never had to wait longer than a month on majority of parts I've ordered. Not including those purchases made on group buys. Those are the only exceptions.