Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I'm skeptical about buying a car with no warranty. Mileage is amazing which thats obvious but the mileage doesn't mean anything without a warranty. For $27,000 I'd end up buying a Toyota Supra or a Dodge Viper with that type of mileage not a used 2010 Camaro. I'm pretty sure you can find a 2011 model for $27K if you kept looking.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #16
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Buy it and get and extended warranty if you don't plan on modding. You have the powertrain warranty and usually the dealership will try to sell you there warranty. That's a great deal and the Carfax is clean so what you waiting on...
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #17
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelSS View Post
Buy it and get and extended warranty if you don't plan on modding. You have the powertrain warranty and usually the dealership will try to sell you there warranty. That's a great deal and the Carfax is clean so what you waiting on...
With a warranty your talking an additional $1500 most likely, I could be wrong. That'll push it to $28,500. I'm pretty sure the op can snag a '11 for $28.5k with low mileage.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #18
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
With a warranty your talking an additional $1500 most likely, I could be wrong. That'll push it to $28,500. I'm pretty sure the op can snag a '11 for $28.5k with low mileage.
I would offer 25 then get the extended warranty. It's just an insurance policy anyway. With only 4000 miles they would be happy to sell you the extended policy.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #19
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Agreed^^^^^
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #20
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
It's a real good price if you like the car, you didn't post any pics for me to see if it is worth buying. At that price there are plenty of other Camaros you could get though.

The ground F/X would be a major turn off for me, especially if they weren't body color.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #21
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
Yes but wouldn't hurt to offer 25k.
Well, at least that low, never pay the asking price
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #22
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
FYI most dealerships sell extended warranties to people even if its not a car they sold them.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
iFly
Account Suspended

Drives: Higher
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I'm skeptical about buying a car with no warranty. Mileage is amazing which thats obvious but the mileage doesn't mean anything without a warranty. For $27,000 I'd end up buying a Toyota Supra or a Dodge Viper with that type of mileage not a used 2010 Camaro. I'm pretty sure you can find a 2011 model for $27K if you kept looking.
I'm pretty sure there isn't even a dodge viper close to 30K.

Anyways, the guy was offering $29,000 and only went down to 27K. Wouldn't go lower. It is a private seller.
iFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #24
CMYarb

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
I'd say snatch it up
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Dude, heck yes. I paid 3 more grand for my 1LT, wish I got that deal, and its already broken in!
Yes, but HOW!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #26
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFly View Post
I am looking at this camaro which I will most likely buy. It is a 2010 Camaro 2SS. Inferno Orange. Only 4,000 miles. Carfax and inspection came out clean.

Extra options:

Interior matches car color (orange leather and orange side panels)
Sunroof
Ground effects package
R/S Package

Everything is stock and it is a manual transition. But the thing is that the warranty ran out since it is a 2010 and from what I have heard most people use the warranty at one point or another so that is why I am asking if it is worth it.

$27,000
Quote:
Is there a way to buy warranty from GM?
You should be able to purchase a GMPP warranty through any GM dealer's finance office for this vehicle due to its age and low mileage. It still falls well within what GM will warranty. That'll provide you with nation-wide GM dealer service if your repairs are covered under the warranty - depending upon which plan you choose (mileage, deductible, length of plan in yrs.). You might want to call or stop off at a few dealers and inquire about this.
See info for the General Motors Protection Plan (GMPP) here:
http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/

A slightly better option would be to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned Camaro from a GM dealer. CPO's are guaranteed to be accident-free and unmodified (they have to be in order to qualify as a CPO). You'll receive a 2 year / 30k mile warranty (whichever comes first) according to the gmcertified website. http://www.gmcertified.com/

The latter could take a lot of initial worry out of your purchase.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
that is an awesome deal, get it now and best color Ever
It's not the best color ever.

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I am looking at this camaro which I will most likely buy. It is a 2010 Camaro 2SS. Inferno Orange. Only 4,000 miles. Carfax and inspection came out clean.

Extra options:

Interior matches car color (orange leather and orange side panels)
Sunroof
Ground effects package
R/S Package

Everything is stock and it is a manual transition. But the thing is that the warranty ran out since it is a 2010 and from what I have heard most people use the warranty at one point or another so that is why I am asking if it is worth it.

$27,000
Great to hear the Camaro is in consideration for you! Please keep us updated on the process and post pictures if you get it!

Good luck,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care