Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #15
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I sat in one last week, there is 6" more leg Room then past C7, OP it's funny you said guys over 6' tall hit there head, we sat in a 3lt with gt2 seats and mat who is 6'5" tall had Room to put on a helmet, it may be the seats where not the same in both cars.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #16
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
i found this schedule online

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-by-state.html

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #17
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
I sat in one last week, there is 6" more leg Room then past C7, OP it's funny you said guys over 6' tall hit there head, we sat in a 3lt with gt2 seats and mat who is 6'5" tall had Room to put on a helmet, it may be the seats where not the same in both cars.
I wish I had recorded it. Now admittedly, the car was functioning on battery power only with no trickle charge. If you follow the facebook posts of this event, the seat would not move at all for one of the guys. So it is quite possible that he simply could not lower his seat. But his head definitely was touching the T top and the sales guy had to remove the T top for him to comfortably sit down.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #18
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
There are some reviews from taller folks saying it has more legroom than the C7 which keeps your knees out of the dash. It has slightly tighter interior dimensions than the C7 in some other areas. I’d say this is the car GM wanted to build when they designed the C7 with a much smaller budget than they wanted.

I ordered a 2LT Z51/FE4 this week. Probably won’t see them until January some time at the earliest. Build starts in December and the first orders get pulled i think in early September. Pricing will be released on the 15th.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:11 PM   #19
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Head space is minimal... 6 foot guy got in,, pulled the seat all the way down and back and his head was touching the T-Top. If you are taller than 6 feet and you hit a bump... ouch
I guess that means no C8 Z06 for me...

I'm 6'4 and after months of experimenting with my C7 Z06 I barely, just barely, got cozy. If this C8 is tighter then there's no hope for me except maybe aftermarket seats and the glass roof... fingers crossed.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:01 AM   #20
drfeelgood

For the taller folks, remember what works for one person may not work for the next. You just have to wait to sit in one and feel for yourself . Not to get too medical, but remember , just because two people are 6’5” doesn’t mean that their torso and legs are both the same. One person could have an extra 3” of torso, the other an extra 3” of legs. It’s the waist to top of head distance that can make a big difference
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 08-04-2019, 06:32 AM   #21
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I guess that means no C8 Z06 for me...

I'm 6'4 and after months of experimenting with my C7 Z06 I barely, just barely, got cozy. If this C8 is tighter then there's no hope for me except maybe aftermarket seats and the glass roof... fingers crossed.
Depends on whether you have a Phelps torso or not.

Lethal is 6-4/300 and he still had 1-2” headroom. Start at 10:30.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #22
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Depends on whether you have a Phelps torso or not.

Lethal is 6-4/300 and he still had 1-2” headroom. Start at 10:30.

Exactly! There’s a national champion wrestler in the NCAA with freakishly long legs and a normal torso ... some people are just built different

Old 08-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #23
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I am looking forward to sitiing in one and seeing it in person next month.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #24
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I seen this at a dealership in montebello CA the other day.

Looks like ti was already crashed.

https://jalopnik.com/this-looks-like...ash-1837127259
Attached Images

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #25
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I'm not even sure the automotive world realizes what's happening here. This is kind of a turning point in the American sports car world. Like you said, yeah the GT was a mid engine, but an UNAFFORDABLE one for 99% of the population , and a limited run to boot.

possibly every new corvette moving forward is going to be mid engine.... bonkers
This car, provided it’s reliable and puts out the numbers they claim, is going to put Chevrolet in a position of probably the elite sports car manufacturers of all time. If I worded that right.
He’ll my ZLE is very impressive and has tremendous capabilities. I’m starting to save cause when the top gun levels of the C8 come out my ZLE is gonna need a sister. And I think the C8 will be a very good sister.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #26
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
The C7 build goes onto late Sept. And then some time for the factory switch over. Start building C8 in Nov/Dec and the first cars "which are most likely all spoken for", don't hit the street until Feb. Most likely dealers wont have any dealer stock models until the summer. Mad rush, paying MSRP or premium. Wait for the MY 21/22!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #27
590_The_Judge

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE NGM
I managed to sit in it yesterday at keyes chevrolet in van nuys. A couple things i noticed...
Because of the weird button ramp on the right side of the console, the passenger seat was extremely claustrophobic. Im 6'1" and 250... i wear xxl shirts and the waist is currently 36 (just on the loose side).

The driver seat was comfortable enough, in both seats my upper back doesnt quite fit, the bolsters are inside so there is pressure (same issue in my zle so nothing new).

The problem i have (same issue as the c7) is with the seat in a comfy position, and the wheel towards me and up as far as it will go, i had about an inch between my knees and the steering wheel. This will cause interference with my hands on turns and spirited driving. In the zle, i have 3". There is still interference if im not careful, but its manageable. The steering wheel also seems much farther away from me in the c8 than the zle.

Another thing that seems super cheap and poorly made is the paddle shifters. I have a manual, so the zle uses them for rev matching. They are precise, positive, crisp. I think it is fitting with a performance car, and would enhance the driving experience. The c8 had this mushy spongy feel. The resistance didnt feel consistent throughout the duration of its movement, and there wasnt a positive click when it reached the end of its travel.

If i didnt get the knee interference id say it was definitely something i could live with as a daily driver in terms of space. It was snug like it was wrapped around you, but it wasnt tight or restrictive. There is still more interior space in the zle (which is my only car and my daily).

I also felt like there was plenty of headroom.
590_The_Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #28
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 590_The_Judge View Post
I managed to sit in it yesterday at keyes chevrolet in van nuys. A couple things i noticed...
Because of the weird button ramp on the right side of the console, the passenger seat was extremely claustrophobic. Im 6'1" and 250... i wear xxl shirts and the waist is currently 36 (just on the loose side).

The driver seat was comfortable enough, in both seats my upper back doesnt quite fit, the bolsters are inside so there is pressure (same issue in my zle so nothing new).

The problem i have (same issue as the c7) is with the seat in a comfy position, and the wheel towards me and up as far as it will go, i had about an inch between my knees and the steering wheel. This will cause interference with my hands on turns and spirited driving. In the zle, i have 3". There is still interference if im not careful, but its manageable. The steering wheel also seems much farther away from me in the c8 than the zle.

Another thing that seems super cheap and poorly made is the paddle shifters. I have a manual, so the zle uses them for rev matching. They are precise, positive, crisp. I think it is fitting with a performance car, and would enhance the driving experience. The c8 had this mushy spongy feel. The resistance didnt feel consistent throughout the duration of its movement, and there wasnt a positive click when it reached the end of its travel.

If i didnt get the knee interference id say it was definitely something i could live with as a daily driver in terms of space. It was snug like it was wrapped around you, but it wasnt tight or restrictive. There is still more interior space in the zle (which is my only car and my daily).

I also felt like there was plenty of headroom.
thanks for the feedback... in the Facebook page, someone mentioned that they couldn't lower the seat, so I think that's why the taller gentleman complained of headroom when it was in Ceritos