Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #43
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'd just remove the catch can when you take it in for service.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #44
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
I'd just remove the catch can when you take it in for service.
Not easy at all. Have you seen what is involved in installing one?
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #45
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
It would be a pain in the ass the remove the CC before going in for a service but if you want the best of both worlds that’s the price of entry.

I’m putting one on mine sometime this week (if the weather ever breaks). If I need to take it in for service I’ll just remove it.

Having to replace all the spliced rubber hoses would be a pain in the ass though.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #46
k20attack

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
I've seen this circle jerk before.

FYI, check out post 35 of this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=546895&page=3

Looks pretty clean to me at 20K miles. Not sure if a CC is necessary or worth it. Maybe this guy only running on 93 has something to do with it, but the proof is in the pictures. Haven't seen any coked up LT4 heads yet, at least the stock ones.
k20attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #47
Mister Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20attack View Post
I've seen this circle jerk before.

FYI, check out post 35 of this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=546895&page=3

Looks pretty clean to me at 20K miles. Not sure if a CC is necessary or worth it. Maybe this guy only running on 93 has something to do with it, but the proof is in the pictures. Haven't seen any coked up LT4 heads yet, at least the stock ones.
Take a look at post #45.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #48
k20attack

Quote:
Take a look at post #45.

Pics or it didn't happen

People keep saying things like that, but the only pictures I've seen of a disassembled head out of a stock LT4 are on post #35 of that thread. Not going to trust pics from the CC manufacturers either since they have a lot of reason to be biased. I'd love to have more pics to look at, but they are hard to come by.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #49
JD2018_ZL1

Quote:
Take a look at post #45.
He says he noticed some after a higher milage. I didn't notice him outline his post though. The person that showed the heads outlined the life. Only 93 octane. No catch can for 18k miles.

The other guy said nothing. So how are we to know apples to apples. Could be that he didn't have 93 available, a lot of information left out to really make a fair comparison.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:32 AM   #50
Mister Will

Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen

People keep saying things like that, but the only pictures I've seen of a disassembled head out of a stock LT4 are on post #35 of that thread. Not going to trust pics from the CC manufacturers either since they have a lot of reason to be biased. I'd love to have more pics to look at, but they are hard to come by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
He says he noticed some after a higher milage. I didn't notice him outline his post though. The person that showed the heads outlined the life. Only 93 octane. No catch can for 18k miles.

The other guy said nothing. So how are we to know apples to apples. Could be that he didn't have 93 available, a lot of information left out to really make a fair comparison.
I said that because I feel post #45 makes some valid points.

A catch can simply removes/prevents some oil from going back into your intake manifold. How is this a bad thing?
Old 05-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #51
JD2018_ZL1

Quote:
I said that because I feel post #45 makes some valid points.

A catch can simply removes/prevents some oil from going back into your intake manifold. How is this a bad thing?
The argument is not if its a bad thing its is it worth throwing away the warranty.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #52
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
The argument is not if its a bad thing its is it worth throwing away the warranty.
I think it's a proven benefit if modded, moreso if heavily modded. However, I don't think there is much to be gained in a stock application.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #53
590_The_Judge

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE NGM
Sfjgto can correct me if im wrong, but if the srvice manager is that confident, see if you can get it in writing. If for some reason gm denies a claim, you would then have the ammunition necessary to have the dealer fix it regardless of gms stance.
590_The_Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #54
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
By Federal law, they cannot void your warranty for one of our systems as it in no way defeats, deletes, reduces, or compromises an function of the OEM system and it retains a closed to the atmosphere system. And at 95% effectiveness for our E2 and E2-X Series, there is no more effective system on the market. That is 2-3 times any of the systems some are endorsing, and anyone can do the "catchcan challenge" to see for them selves with no bias anywhere involved. Next, look at the law. You do NOT need to sue anyone, a simple complaint with the FTC will start the ball rolling, the burden is on the manufacturer/dealer.

So look at the actual law and some examples, especially with more and more dealers selling and installing proper systems. But ANY system with a breather can and will give grounds as well as are illegal in all 50 States.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blog...ranty-warnings

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/media/v...file-complaint

Now, we commonly see "opinions" expressed and we urge all to look at fact.

To also clarify, when we share photo's, dyno graphs, and test results (even though we do all of these ourselves to see the results) we ONLY port independent un biased sources. Such as this before and after dyno runs of a LT1 with 20k miles on it. app. 20 whp regained after a manual intake valve cleaning:

Anyone can do this same test themselves. It only takes a few minutes to remove your intake manifold, and minimal tools to inspect your valves up close and personal. And a manual cleaning is not that difficult.

We do not yet have CARB cert for CA, but we are one of the few that meet all emissions requirements as well as make it impossible to cause any issues that could be warranty related. Allowing a can to overfill will defeat the function of the can, but does not cause damage. In our design droplets will begin to be pulled through once the can reaches over 1/3rd full so it can never lead to a "gulp" of ingestion.

The benefits for past Port injection engines were mainly reduction in Knock Retard and keeping engine wear at bay and extended engine oil life, where the GDI engines we stop up to 85% of the intake valve coking, remove most contaminants before they can settle and cause excessive wear, increase fuel economy in addition to the other benefits. And we challenge ANY other can design to test against ours.

As always, contact our Engineering department before ordering to make sure you get the correct system for your vehicle at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and then Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Cheers!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #55
k20attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post

As always, contact our Engineering department before ordering to make sure you get the correct system for your vehicle at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and then Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Cheers!

Does Elite Engineering have any sort of documentation from GM stating that adding a catch can to your car will not void your warranty? Do you have any documentation from GM stating any position?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #56
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Does Elite Engineering have any sort of documentation from GM stating that adding a catch can to your car will not void your warranty? Do you have any documentation from GM stating any position?

Thanks
I'm sure they don't, and I'm sure GM will not do that. I'll put money on it. I have stated from the beginning the onus is upon the manufacturer if a claim is denied because of a purported warranty violation. We even have it in writing (I do not know if it's in EE's warranty...but that would be a good thing) that allowing EE's can to overflow "will not cause damage."
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote