Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
Thats definitely not the problem.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525356
Old 12-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #44
gonabite

Drives: 2016 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmueller View Post
My car is still stock, 100%, at 15000 miles. My car has done this swaying feeling since it was brand new with no miles. As others have said, it’s not the tires. It does not happen at high speed sustained driving. It occurs ONLY when going wide open throttle while already moving. Highway passing situations are the worst.
Have you had the dealer look into this? This is a great case since your car is stock you have a legitimate claim with GM.
gonabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:30 AM   #45
gonabite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Apparently you missed my post where I have had 3 different sets of tires on my car. Tires are not the issue. As others have stated as well. Good for Ted that was his fix. It’s not for others.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #46
590_The_Judge

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE NGM
I have a 2018 ZLE and have had the same issue. In my case im certain it is the elsd. The amount it sways/shimmys and how aggressive i need to be with steering input, changes with what mode im in. Touring is the worst. PTM has it almost completely gone. I think its just how the traction/stability control is setup. I feel like in touring, the car doesnt want to spin the tires and is constantly cutting/applying power while also shifting it back and forth from side to side to try and maintain both acceleration and traction. The more aggressive the mode, the less intervention i feel.

Could litterally be just the electronic chassis tuning. This car makes stupid torque from low roms, and carries that throughout the rev range.

My previous car was a built 91 mustang with a torsen limited slip. It would do almost the same thing when pushed really hard around turns (noticeable difference between the conventional plate and torsen). You could feel power being sent from side to side as it fought for traction. I realize the elsd is a plate type limited slip, but my understanding is the electronic preload mimics how a torsen operates.
590_The_Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #47
Jmueller

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Gray
I have not had the dealer look at it because in all honesty, I feel like my dealer has mostly incompetent employees working there. I could be wrong, and may be prejudging them however: My last oil change, which was my last free one, ended in me finding the oil cap sitting on top of the engine when I went to refill my windshield washer fluid. The oil cap left a solid dent in the underside of the hood. I don’t really feel like I want them taking apart the suspension or elsd system to investigate. Frankly I have gotten used to the swaying feeling.
Jmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #48
gonabite

Quote:
I have not had the dealer look at it because in all honesty, I feel like my dealer has mostly incompetent employees working there. I could be wrong, and may be prejudging them however: My last oil change, which was my last free one, ended in me finding the oil cap sitting on top of the engine when I went to refill my windshield washer fluid. The oil cap left a solid dent in the underside of the hood. I don’t really feel like I want them taking apart the suspension or elsd system to investigate. Frankly I have gotten used to the swaying feeling.
Guys like you with stock cars are the only ones who could potentially find a fix for this. If it is the eLSD maybe there is programming that can be done to fix this issue.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #49
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
Quote:
Thats definitely not the problem.
that is what he said......until they fixed the problem.....and it was the tires
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #50
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
My car is still stock, 100%, at 15000 miles. My car has done this swaying feeling since it was brand new with no miles. As others have said, it’s not the tires. It does not happen at high speed sustained driving. It occurs ONLY when going wide open throttle while already moving. Highway passing situations are the worst.
Yes completely agree
Old 12-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #51
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
I'd probably just drive the car and enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with it.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #52
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
It's slightly discouraging, feeling like you are going to snap left/right and crash at 100mph. I.e. It's hard to, "just drive and enjoy it".

Drove the car for the first time in a few weeks and it did it fairly severely while merging onto the freeway. The worst I've experienced. I can tell you my front toe (alignment) is off, and my front right tire was 3lbs less than the others. With that said, I feel it coming down the front straight after exiting the last turn at Thunderhill with perfect alignment and pressures. So I can't believe it would have anything to do with that.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #53
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Apparently you missed my post where I have had 3 different sets of tires on my car. Tires are not the issue. As others have stated as well. Good for Ted that was his fix. It’s not for others.
He moved the tires around on the car. It didn't help. Only a complete tire wheel swap did the trick. I feel for you guys, I really do. GM is not taking this problem seriously enough. Maybe with AL.O moved out of the program things will change.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:38 PM   #54
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
that is what he said......until they fixed the problem.....and it was the tires
Read his thread. Ted had a different issue. His was a steady pull to one side during light acceleration. After fixing that, he said he felt exactly what a bunch of us feel at times. It’s a weird rear sewer feel that only happens when nailing it at a certain speed. It’s brief, but unsettling at first.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:47 AM   #55
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Oh my I just read that ENTIRE thread... all 19 pages. Wow.
His issue was tires.

HOWEVER -- there was some mention in that thread of a software update to help resolve something about some left/right back and forth.

Someone said that the update is only applied if a customer complains. So maybe you're missing that software update?

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #56
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Oh my I just read that ENTIRE thread... all 19 pages. Wow.
His issue was tires.

HOWEVER -- there was some mention in that thread of a software update to help resolve something about some left/right back and forth.

Someone said that the update is only applied if a customer complains. So maybe you're missing that software update?
I spoke with Ted early on with his issues and they did not line up at all with what folks in this thread experience.