Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
590_The_Judge

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE NGM
Practicality of the ZLE

I know there are mixed thoughts, and the automotive journalists of the world claim its too stiff for anyone but the most unhinged of individuals, but i can tell you first hand its not an issue.

I did learn the hard way the latch system claimed to exist by the button on the rear seat isnt in my car (my guess is it wasnt installed to ‘save weight.’

Was able to drive into work for the first time, ~25 miles each way in los angeles traffic (took 50 mins to get there, and just over an hour to get home). I managed to average 14.8 mpg despite the government telling me i was gonna kill kittens and puppies cause my car is so evil.

Side note:
Can anyone else with a ZLE confirm whether or not they have the latch system brackets as well? Thanks.

Reniger
Attached Images

590_The_Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
wstaab

Drives: 69 Z28, 2018 ZL1 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ight=rear+seat
wstaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
590_The_Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
Sorry, i should clarify, not the latch to drop the rear seat, the latch system for installing car seats when the weight is under a specified weight.

On the bottom cusion on the left and right side of the seating surface is a black button with a child seat symbol letting you know where the lower anchor is.
Attached Images

Last edited by 590_The_Judge; 07-24-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 590_The_Judge View Post
Sorry, i should clarify, not the latch to drop the rear seat, the latch system for installing car seats when the weight is under a specified weight.

On the bottom cusion on the left and right side of the seating surface is a black button with a child seat symbol letting you know where the lower anchor is.
The black buttons are easy to spot, but I didn't know where to look for the anchors as I though they would be visible. If you slide your hand by the side of the seat area where the button is located, sure enough there is an opening and yes I can feel an anchor on each side.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
The Latch attachment points are indeed in the car. I used mine before. I put a foam rubber floor mat in the middle of the back set. Set the car seat on it, and used the inside left and right attachment point on the car to secure the seat. The thick foam mat (from Harbor Freight) completely protects the seat from the indentations the car seat makes. And fits perfect for introducing little ones to lateral G's over the gravitational pull of the earth.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
LATCH is present and works well.

Have pair of Recaro Pro_Sports in the back! Foot space kinda sucks.

Booster seats will work if kids have loong legs, otherwise full back version is better (move knee joint closer to edge of seat).

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 590_The_Judge View Post
I know there are mixed thoughts, and the automotive journalists of the world claim its too stiff for anyone but the most unhinged of individuals, but i can tell you first hand its not an issue.

I did learn the hard way the latch system claimed to exist by the button on the rear seat isnt in my car (my guess is it wasnt installed to ‘save weight.’

Was able to drive into work for the first time, ~25 miles each way in los angeles traffic (took 50 mins to get there, and just over an hour to get home). I managed to average 14.8 mpg despite the government telling me i was gonna kill kittens and puppies cause my car is so evil.

Side note:
Can anyone else with a ZLE confirm whether or not they have the latch system brackets as well? Thanks.

Reniger
LA traffic? Manipulating that clutch must not be an issue at all.

It's great to see you out and about my friend. The fact that you are back to work is a testament to your perseverance through the healing process.

ZLE is one helluva machine! Every time I get behind the wheel, I think to myself...Dang! what a car!

Best of luck with those anchors. All my best to you and your family.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
590_The_Judge

Thanks to all the responses... ill have to pull the bottom seat cushion out and double check... when i dug around in those pockets before all i did was cut my finger on the steel panel edges.

(I have used them in my other vehicles so id like to think i kinda know what to look for)
Old 07-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
590_The_Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
LA traffic? Manipulating that clutch must not be an issue at all.

It's great to see you out and about my friend. The fact that you are back to work is a testament to your perseverance through the healing process.

ZLE is one helluva machine! Every time I get behind the wheel, I think to myself...Dang! what a car!

Best of luck with those anchors. All my best to you and your family.
Thank you sir! I drove in as a test to see If i could handle the commute. Driving is easier than walking at the moment, but in time i should be good

The commute is doable, the clutch is not bad at all. It kinda works like extra physical therapy and gets all the leg muscles used to working the way they need to
Old 07-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
Lowflight

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Should have LATCH by law.

Glad those days are over, however, did not stop me in my GTR which had the identical amount of backseat room as the ZL1.

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 Red
FOR SALE. See My FS Thread
Lowflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:13 PM   #11
Cow Poker

Drives: 1970 RS, 2016 2SS
By the way, my son has a recaro child seat.����. I’m sure your child would want a recaro like you.
Cow Poker is offline   Reply With Quote