Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #197
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
You will not get stuck with it because you don't buy used cars. I would not get stuck with it because I have my vehicles thoroughly inspected before I buy.
By the same guy that inspected the OP car?

Save
Old 08-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #198
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
By the same guy that inspected the OP car?

Save
Yep.....same dude.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #199
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Yep.....same dude.
Yeah! That guy!

Seriously, I don't have any sympathy for people, dealers or otherwise, who don't thoroughly check out what they are buying. Especially a major purchase.

So... OP declines to sign mod waiver.

"Mechanic"? checks car twice and can't tell car was tracked? Car has an after-market supercharger and other high performance mods... That should merit a closer look.

Some people deserve what they get.

An SS Camaro is a vehicle specifically targeted at the enthusiast market. It's like buying a used race car and then being surprised that someone actually raced it.

However, if the modification to the frame actually compromises the structural integrity of the vehicle... That's a whole other issue. In that case the dealer has a legitimate beef. Still should have been looking for such a mod IMHO, but a reasonable person could understand how something like that could get overlooked. Especially if the OP made an effort to hide the work, which it appears he did.

But I digress... if a THOROUGH inspection of the vehicle had been performed, we wouldn't even be here discussing it.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:16 PM   #200
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Yeah! That guy!

Seriously, I don't have any sympathy for people, dealers or otherwise, who don't thoroughly check out what they are buying. Especially a major purchase.

So... OP declines to sign mod waiver.

"Mechanic"? checks car twice and can't tell car was tracked? Car has an after-market supercharger and other high performance mods... That should merit a closer look.

Some people deserve what they get.

An SS Camaro is a vehicle specifically targeted at the enthusiast market. It's like buying a used race car and then being surprised that someone actually raced it.

However, if the modification to the frame actually compromises the structural integrity of the vehicle... That's a whole other issue. In that case the dealer has a legitimate beef. Still should have been looking for such a mod IMHO, but a reasonable person could understand how something like that could get overlooked. Especially if the OP made an effort to hide the work, which it appears he did.

But I digress... if a THOROUGH inspection of the vehicle had been performed, we wouldn't even be here discussing it.
We don't really even know what kind of dealership it is....as been posted there are good ones out there. And we all know about the others. Maybe everything is done half assed at this one.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #201
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
We don't really even know what kind of dealership it is....as been posted there are good ones out there. And we all know about the others. Maybe everything is done half assed at this one.
Very true. It was a Toyota dealership, and one would think if they had ANY kind of experience, they would be wise to such things... But I bet they are NOW!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:27 PM   #202
Ledzepx

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 6sp.
So what happened. Did the OP tell us what going on.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:07 PM   #203
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Delete this thread before they find it and use it as evidence
Old 08-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #204

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Probably the dealer will end up wanting it deleted after they find out they have falsely accused the op of fraud.

No one has any facts or evidence that holes from a roll-bar make the car a Salvage Title and entitle the dealer to get their money back. I think the dealer has over-stepped their "authority" and will regret it.

So far we haven't heard that the op has caved in to the dealer's intimidation, false threats and inaccurate legal claims.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:37 PM   #205
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Nothing you post online ever stays buried or hidden bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Probably the dealer will end up wanting it deleted after they find out they have falsely accused the op of fraud.

No one has any facts or evidence that holes from a roll-bar make the car a Salvage Title and entitle the dealer to get their money back. I think the dealer has over-stepped their "authority" and will regret it.

So far we haven't heard that the op has caved in to the dealer's intimidation, false threats and inaccurate legal claims.
SO far several people have chimed in that have also stated that the dealership is correct. You've been on this thread long enough to have read all the posts and to have seen all the info others have posted.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #206

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Nothing you post online ever stays buried or hidden bro.

SO far several people have chimed in that have also stated that the dealership is correct. You've been on this thread long enough to have read all the posts and to have seen all the info others have posted.
Sure, some have chimed in with their opinion, but not about roll bar holes making the car a salvage and voiding his sale to the dealer. The op had checked with the Highway Patrol, and insurance agents, who backed him up that roll bar holes do not make the car a salvage as the dealer claims.

I'd like to see the posts you mention, if you can find any.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #207
Cars&Music

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Convertible
Chances are they decided they paid too much and want to try and recoup their money. Did they give you a written "offer to purchase?" Look at the details of the contract. If it doesn't say sale is subject to inspection, or if you weren't asked to disclose any known modifications, the sale is final.

They appaised it based on their own inspection. If they don't know what to look for, they shouldn't be doing appaisals.

Closed Thread