The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 AM   #15
JDMAC

Drives: 2015 Laguna Blue C7
I just got my C7 back yesterday from Clear Bra of Houston. I bit the bullet and had the entire car covered. They took a week to cover the car. Workmanship is excellent. No visible seams anywhere on the car. If you live in the Houston, Texas area, I would highly recommend them. They have factory trained personnel and have a 5 car rating on the web site.
JDMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:44 PM   #16
dlittle238

Drives: 2015 C7 Z51 Crystal Red Tintcoat
To close the loop on this, I decided to go with 3M pro series film, installed by 3M. I had it done the day after taking delivery so the car was only driven from the dealer to home and then to 3M. To ensure I had no seams, I had the entire front end covered which encompassed the bumper (including the splitter), headlights, hood and both fenders. I also had the rear quarter panels covered as well as the back of both mirrors. The car looks great and feel so much more at ease driving it knowing all the areas of concern are covered. Oh and the 3M pro series film is self healing like many of the other films on the market like Xpel. Lastly I had the car completely done inside and out including the wheels with CQuartz nano coating, so nothing sticks to the paint or film.
dlittle238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:55 PM   #17
SR-71

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe 2LT Shark/red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytrade View Post
How do you wax the car with the Expel in place? Won't there be a difference in the waxed area and the area with Expel?
Use XPEL PPF Sealant every so often for the areas covered in XPEL. It leaves a glassy finish, just like wax. It works on the non-covered areas as well.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #18
StingraySallye

Drives: 2014 AW C7 A6
I only have chips on front bumper and rocker panels after 25k miles. I have Xpel on rockers only and am on 3rd application of them due to chipping/tearing of the hXpel. I did rockers w/Xpel then redone 3 months later then done again five months later. There were stains and tears on the Xpel so all was replaced with warranty.
I have to get my front bumper repainted before the 36K/3YR warranty is out due to factory defect so I will cover the bumper at that time with Suntek.

StingraySallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:46 AM   #19
bworden

Drives: 2016 Z06 3LZ NRB
JDMAC, do you mind sharing how much the full cover of Xpel ran you? I'm taking delivery of my Z06 next month and I'm trying to figure out how much I want to cover. What I'm thinking of is already about 75% of the car, so considering full cover.
bworden is offline   Reply With Quote