The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-13-2016, 12:17 AM   #1
thasleeper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS\ CYBER GREY
Question Customer Service

I drive 2015 Corvette Stingray. I went to chevy dealership for a scheduled service check up and oil change. I Pulled into the service lane. Sat 4 min. No one came to help. I park my car in a parking spot for car sales. Because I was waiting in drive area of the lot. The bay was empty, but two cars blocking entry into bay. I talk to the service guy. He apologizes. He was nice. After the service, I sign for the service rendered. Step out for my car. I don't see it. They call for someone to bring it up. I look at my car it's not washed. I asked the attendant about it. He say we don't was serviced cars. I told him last time I had a service it was washed. I left disappointed.
My problem is other service (Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche and other luxury car companies) have way better costumer service. I really hate that. When you pull up in a $65,000-70,0000 car you expect a little better service. I have an Infiniti truck for 3 years. Never would they let me sit in line or not clean my vehicle. I'm always the one for american made, but never can understand subpar service.
Maybe I'm wrong. What's your experience like?
thasleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:11 AM   #2
STINGmole

Drives: 2016 Arctic White Stingray
It seems like subpar service to me. Usually when we drop off our other cars (Jeep or Ford) they do a "courtesy wash" with any service appointment.

Now that being said, you take your chances if they wash your car. I always tell them not to wash it when I drop it off due to the likelihood that they'll scratch the paint or run it through an automatic wash.
STINGmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
If a washed car by the dealership the issue...they may have assumed (wrongly) that you didn't want them doing that. Many - probably most - Corvette owners don't want to give a dealership the chance to grind-away at the paint. I would NEVER take a chance on that.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
SR-71

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe 2LT Shark/red
I definitely don't allow dealers to wash my C7. No one cares as much about your car, as you.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
I let the Toyota dealer wash my Tacoma but it still needs wiped off and polished when done to get rid of the water streaks. They Chevy dealership will wash my Impala but it's never as clean as I would like it.
My Corvettes? Never!! They only have a couple individuals they allow to take them back to the service area and only a couple service advisors and service manager who test drive them. The Vettes have never been in the shop unless I was there also.
They will wash the Vettes but only if the owner requests it.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #6
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Just a thought:
Does the dealer hand wash or have a wash unit? It may be a clearance issue. There is a fairly new automated car was in the area. It would handle tire width on my '08 but not '16 Z06. It could not handle ground clearance on either.
If it's an issue, talk to the service mgr. I would guess he would have it washed for you if you wanted.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote