Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #43
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
You hit him and are complaining? You could have gone a different direction. Not gotten out of the car....

Hey, someone had to be the asshole.
What are you talking about?

Last edited by Camarolover85; 09-15-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #44
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
All your insurance company is concerned about is the claim they will have to pay out for the damages done to your car. In their greedy little eyes, they're going to say "Well, you still hit him when he got in front of you so now we're gonna have to pay to fix your car. $$$ Cha Ching! $$$ Cha Ching! There goes your insurance rates up even higher.

The insurance company doesn't really care about all the little details or who was the road rager. You hit him and they'll blame you for getting in this accident and up goes your rates. Even the cops are not going to care about who lied and who didn't. Maybe if it was a homicide or something, but not a little fender bender due to road rage..

That's how the "system" works and I agree, it sucks sometimes. The other driver obviously played a game on you and even though you were morally in the right, you're still going to lose under the "letter" of the law.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's how it's going to come out. Goodluck!
+1

The insurance company will just find the OP at fault, pay out, and move along, and just recoup costs with the higher insurance rate. They aren't going to pay their lawyers hundreds/thousands to litigate this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 07:59 AM   #45
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
+1

The insurance company will just find the OP at fault, pay out, and move along, and just recoup costs with the higher insurance rate. They aren't going to pay their lawyers hundreds/thousands to litigate this.

You guys are hilarious. Who said anything about "paying lawyers to litigate this?" The kid is a jackass and a liar and I'm pretty sure I've said all along it was a long shot. But, if I can catch him fabricating the entire scenario like he did with the cop, with the video (which I have) then maybe State Farm will take care of it.

I've spent $0 dollars but yeah I should just give up and pack it in and accept my fate instead of at least attempting to win. Must suck to be such pushovers in life.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #46
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
+1

Unfortunately, I agree. That's the way it works. If you have the ability to appeal in your state, I'd say you have a good chance of reversing the at fault finding. That's assuming you can improve the video quality, have a previously clean driving record and the AHJ is a reasonable adult.

I had something like this happen to me in my pristine G35 coupe a couple years back as I was heading into a major boston tunnel at rush hour. A guy break jobs me (for zero reason) he's now at a complete stop and no one in from of him. He starts to move and does it a couple more times over period of 4 or 5 football fields through the tunnel. Of course I Know what he's up to and make sure I'm cautious about distance and available angles. I'm pretty heated at this point , we're now outside the tunnel. It's bumper to bumper traffic, all I want to do is get away from this guy, so I start to change lanes while rolling. He see this and jerks his wheel right toward my intended lane change and hits his brakes hard. This was a close call, inches at best. Now I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, people are beaping, the guy get's out of his car, stands next to his open door while pumping his chest out and places his hands on hips. This infuriates me even more, although I can clearly tell he's larger than my 180lbs, but much softer (dough boy like). People are still beaping and now I'm screaming like a lunatic, get off the highway, at the next exit, let's go we'll settle this, do it let's go. He get's into his car and we're back in traffic. Well, he doesn't get off the next exit, he won't look at me as I get beside him and start mocking him for being a p#ssy. In the end he hides himself between cars to stay away from me and scoots off an exit at the last second. I took me hours to cool down from this but I was VERY glad there were no fisticuffs or damage to my car. Maybe the jerk learned a lesson, maybe not ... my guess is not. If you're the type of person to do this to begin with, you probably haven't worked very hard for what you own (or what you may not own but be driving) and or have a corrupt moral barometer.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #47
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Unfortunately, I agree. That's the way it works. If you have the ability to appeal in your state, I'd say you have a good chance of reversing the at fault finding. That's assuming you can improve the video quality, have a previously clean driving record and the AHJ is a reasonable adult.

I had something like this happen to me in my pristine G35 coupe a couple years back as I was heading into a major boston tunnel at rush hour. A guy break jobs me (for zero reason) he's now at a complete stop and no one in from of him. He starts to move and does it a couple more times over period of 4 or 5 football fields through the tunnel. Of course I Know what he's up to and make sure I'm cautious about distance and available angles. I'm pretty heated at this point , we're now outside the tunnel. It's bumper to bumper traffic, all I want to do is get away from this guy, so I start to change lanes while rolling. He see this and jerks his wheel right toward my intended lane change and hits his brakes hard. This was a close call, inches at best. Now I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, people are beaping, the guy get's out of his car, stands next to his open door while pumping his chest out and places his hands on hips. This infuriates me even more, although I can clearly tell he's larger than my 180lbs, but much softer (dough boy like). People are still beaping and now I'm screaming like a lunatic, get off the highway, at the next exit, let's go we'll settle this, do it let's go. He get's into his car and we're back in traffic. Well, he doesn't get off the next exit, he won't look at me as I get beside him and start mocking him for being a p#ssy. In the end he hides himself between cars to stay away from me and scoots off an exit at the last second. I took me hours to cool down from this but I was VERY glad there were no fisticuffs or damage to my car. Maybe the jerk learned a lesson, maybe not ... my guess is not. If you're the type of person to do this to begin with, you probably haven't worked very hard for what you own (or what you may not own but be driving) and or have a corrupt moral barometer.
I have zero tickets and zero accidents in my entire life. It's crap people can act like jackasses and others pay the price. It's fine, I'll switch to State Farm when I'm done with this since they support road rage. I'm going to drive around town brake checking everyone, stopping in the road to scream at people. Because, why not? If the only thing that matters is that you're the one who gets hit you're in the clear. Let them deal with the aftermath and sue them for every time they try to find me guilty for being an A-hole.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #48
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
You guys are hilarious. Who said anything about "paying lawyers to litigate this?" The kid is a jackass and a liar and I'm pretty sure I've said all along it was a long shot. But, if I can catch him fabricating the entire scenario like he did with the cop, with the video (which I have) then maybe State Farm will take care of it.

I've spent $0 dollars but yeah I should just give up and pack it in and accept my fate instead of at least attempting to win. Must suck to be such pushovers in life.
The insurance companies pay lawyers to handle this stuff. Do you not know how the insurance companies work?? They will not litigate this (company vs company) when it's easier and cheaper for the company to take the incident at face value and just eat the cost (and pass that on to you).

Unless you find something really definitive, which you have not posted, I feel you have no real chance. But good luck.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:29 AM   #49
Chutzpah

Quote:
I have zero tickets and zero accidents in my entire life. It's crap people can act like jackasses and others pay the price. It's fine, I'll switch to State Farm when I'm done with this since they support road rage. I'm going to drive around town brake checking everyone, stopping in the road to scream at people. Because, why not? If the only thing that matters is that you're the one who gets hit you're in the clear. Let them deal with the aftermath and sue them for every time they try to find me guilty for being an A-hole.
What matters is you have definitive proof. I know because I've numerous accidents, none of which were my fault. The insurance companies do what's easiest for them to keep the processes moving, or on the other hand just plain and simply not pay. I had a picture of a an at fault drivers front license plate, with a reflection of my cars damaged rear bumper and rear plate shown on his front bumper. Also had a picture of the drivers license and registration too. The driver said he was never there and there was no accident. The opposing insurance company refused to pay my company....finally got my $$, but it was a real struggle. If your company feels that won't recoup the cash they give you, you're stuck (at least that's my experience)

Had a woman change lanes into my car and admitted it to a cop. He didn't write report and left it to us to deal with. In the end, she didn't report the accident and wouldn't talk to her company or my company. The cop wouldn't return my calls. My insurance said they couldn't help me. Well, I ended up finding a witness (a former policeman) that called the insurance company. I received payment.

I could go on and on, every person that I've had an accident with lied in some way.... I now have 3 dash cameras (one for each car).

Insurance companies and banks..my least favorite entities to deal with.

Good luck with the video...
Old 09-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #50
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

So over the week last week I did some watching and figured out who the the contractor was who employed the 2 guys in the video. Over the weekend I got in touch with 1 of them and he gave me a statement confirming everything that happened and I emailed it to them.

So I got a call from State Farm today to inform they will be taking care of my claim. The witness, the video and his lack of keeping his story straight was the reason. As expected he claimed he did none of the things and wasn't aggressive. When asked why our stories differed I guess he said I was a liar. I guess they told him I had a witness and a video and then he still tried to say he did none of that and it was all a fabrication.

So thanks to all the well wishers and ha to all the naysayers. I knew I wasn't in the wrong in this situation.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #51
CatchMyZ

Drives: Blue Velvet SS
Hell yea! Occasionally karma comes through! Good Job OP for following through on making sure the jerk got what he deserves. Now get a dash cam!
CatchMyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #52
Chutzpah

Quote:
So over the week last week I did some watching and figured out who the the contractor was who employed the 2 guys in the video. Over the weekend I got in touch with 1 of them and he gave me a statement confirming everything that happened and I emailed it to them.

So I got a call from State Farm today to inform they will be taking care of my claim. The witness, the video and his lack of keeping his story straight was the reason. As expected he claimed he did none of the things and wasn't aggressive. When asked why our stories differed I guess he said I was a liar. I guess they told him I had a witness and a video and then he still tried to say he did none of that and it was all a fabrication.

So thanks to all the well wishers and ha to all the naysayers. I knew I wasn't in the wrong in this situation.

I love it, I hope his insurance goes up by $1000 +. Nice work tracking the workers down.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #53
Alanarchy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS NGM, 2015 Murano Plt
Good outcome. Glad to hear!
Alanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:45 AM   #54
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Everyone should get a dash cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 AM   #55
brduke

Drives: '18 1LE '12 V-Wagon, '16 F90 & M3
every car you have should have at least one dash cam in them. A lot of vehicles have one in front and one pointing out the back. VERY cheap and you will always (if you are innocent) win. They also record for extended periods of time and deter possible vandalism or a break in. I work around the world and the USA by far is the country with the fewest dash cams being used. Order one for each vehicle today.
brduke is offline   Reply With Quote