The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #15
meyerweb

Drives: 2015 Black over DSOM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick67bird View Post
We have researched that option and are waiting to see if the dealership will install it. I don't want to do anything that may void the warranty. Right now we do not feel the dealership really cares about their customer as they don't seem to be trying to make this deal right.
Any updates? It's been a month since the OP's last post. I wonder what he and the dealer decided to do.
meyerweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:00 PM   #16
btlegacy

Drives: Subaru Legacy V8
I have a feeling that the dealer won't do much and its very unlikely that they will install the PDR after the fact. I am hoping they were able to come to some sort of compromise
btlegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #17
quick67bird

Drives: 2015 Corvette, 1967 Firebird etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Been in Tampa for a while and am starting to catch up. The OrderWorkbench is generally incomplete bit the Autobook printout has it all. The first is two pages and the second is 15 to18 pages, BUT the OrderWorkbench has the six character order number.

My first retail order was for a1974 Jeep Cherokee, ordered before Labor Day 1973, and included AM-FM. George Rose, our salesperson, originally said AM-FM was not possible, we insisted, he checked with his sister, then sent the order thru. Our copy had an OK and his initials next to the scratched out Am-FM. Vehicle arrived w/o the ordered radio so the dealer flatbedded the Cherokee to Specmo in Troy, where a Jeep Am-FM radio was installed, then flat bedded it back to Union Lake where we took delivery. So it is true mistakes can be made but also true a good dealer will do what is needed to correct such.

Don't know how your story ended but hopefully it ended to your satisfaction.

Laborsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
Any updates? It's been a month since the OP's last post. I wonder what he and the dealer decided to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btlegacy View Post
I have a feeling that the dealer won't do much and its very unlikely that they will install the PDR after the fact. I am hoping they were able to come to some sort of compromise
Sorry to leave everyone hanging without updating the post.

The dealer did install the I06 module so at least we got navigation, but unfortunately I did not get the PDR. I was all for buying another Corvette from one of the many national suppliers like Rodgers, but my wife did not want to see the car she ordered being driven by someone else so the compromise was met. We are extremely happy with the car, but if I ever order another car I will make sure that the dealership gets the order correct and not assume everyone will do their job correctly.
quick67bird is offline   Reply With Quote