The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
route66

Drives: 66 coupe 78 pace car 2014 coupe
Torque Tube Failure

Had a new noise at idle took in to dealer and they diagnosed it as a torque tube failure. I saw a few threads on this when the C7's first came out but none since. How many of you have had to replace them? Car is a A6 non Z51. After replacement any issues?
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
Had a new noise at idle took in to dealer and they diagnosed it as a torque tube failure. I saw a few threads on this when the C7's first came out but none since. How many of you have had to replace them? Car is a A6 non Z51. After replacement any issues?
See post 1 & 10 on this thread.

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329185
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #3
Par4n2

Drives: 2017 Corvette GSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
I have 3,500 on my 2017 C-7 GSC and just received the news I have to have the Torque Tube replaced. My Vette was making what sounded like a scraping sound slowing down from 9 MPH to 4 MPH. After about 3 weeks of this noise it began to make the noise when I shifted from P to R or P to D. It did not make the noise when I put it in neutral and slowed down from 25 to 0; all quite from 9MPH through 5MPH. Waiting on the Torque Tube to arrive from West Chester, OH.
Par4n2 is offline   Reply With Quote