The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Roof Color?

Will the color of the roof on every C7 Stingray be dark/black or will the stock roofs be body color? I'm getting a Velocity Yellow and want to make sure that the roof is black and not yellow. Wasn't sure if the roofs in these pics were carbon fiber or not. Sorry if I worded this badly.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Nate, what you're seeing as a "black" roof is actually the transparent optional roof. It has a deep blue tint, which from the outside looks black. Looking out from the inside, you see sky but deeper in color, as the tint is similar to the tinted band across the top of most windshields. If that is not what you're looking for, I suggest getting the standard painted top, which in your case would be yellow. Then have a black film applied to it. This film is exactly the same material as the "clear bra" is made of, just black in color, so it will be very durable and will stay glossy, and washes & waxes just like paint. The "clear bra" installers in your area should be able to do it for you. One of my friends in our local Corvette club did this on his 2013 Grand Sport, and it looks fantastic!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Nate, what you're seeing as a "black" roof is actually the transparent optional roof. It has a deep blue tint, which from the outside looks black. Looking out from the inside, you see sky but deeper in color, as the tint is similar to the tinted band across the top of most windshields. If that is not what you're looking for, I suggest getting the standard painted top, which in your case would be yellow. Then have a black film applied to it. This film is exactly the same material as the "clear bra" is made of, just black in color, so it will be very durable and will stay glossy, and washes & waxes just like paint. The "clear bra" installers in your area should be able to do it for you. One of my friends in our local Corvette club did this on his 2013 Grand Sport, and it looks fantastic!
Actually there is an exposed Carbon Fiber option for 1995, so it's up to you OP which you prefer, a transparent roof or exposed carbon fiber.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
the exposed CF looks awesome in person but it is very color dependent IMHO. On the darker colors (black, cyber grey, night race blue, etc) it's not worth it to me. On white or silver, absolutely stands out in contrast. i always loved the E90 M3 in white with the carbon fiber roof and I expect the Arctic White C7 to be the same effect. However, if I'm personally spending money for anything then it'll be the transparent roof since I think it offers the best of both worlds; let sunlight in with the roof on and then take it off for open air motoring. Only downside is during the summer, it can bar-b-que you pretty well with direct sunlight. I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with the same interior shade concept that was available for the C6.
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Standard roof is body colored.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote