Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #85
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
So a Porsche 911 isn’t a sports car because it also has useless seats?
Technically it's a GT (like Camaro). Sports cars are generally thought of as 2 seat verts.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #86
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
The 997 911 backseat might have had more headroom, but i believe it was narrower than the Camaro. Either way, no one rode in the back seat of that car either unless it was a quick trip.

I think GM did such a good job with the 6th gen Camaro as a performance car, that people don't have anything to complain about. When I hop on other car forums for other sports cars (911, Z cars, Mustangs, M3's, F-Types) the majority of comments are about increasing performance, maintenance or problems from something that broke.

Here we have complaints mostly around how the car is designed, which only begs the question: why did you buy it?

For all the cons listed of the Gen 6, most, if not all, would be solved by buying another car to begin with. I didn't buy a 911 and complain about the lack of trunk space and I didn't buy a Camaro expecting to haul my family around in it.

Or we could go back to the days when the Camaro had a spacious back seat, plenty of room for 4 modern-sized Americans (200lbs on up), a big trunk to haul stuff in and no detriment at all to performance. Wait - that didn't exist? Huh...it's almost like this is a sports coupe.

Once again - why did you buy this car if interior space or trunk space mattered that much?
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #87
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I'm kind of surprised by the lack of understanding, or just the plain ignoring of engineering realities in here. Larger rear seats "could" be done...but they were chosen not to.

Let's go back in time, shall we?

2006: GM reveals the Camaro concept car. Everyone falls instantly in love with the design. Key elements include chopped roof, high belt-line, raked windshield, big wheels.

2009: GM builds the car that is 90% true to the concept...minus billet aluminum, etc that wasn't feasible.

2010: The reviews start coming in that although it's a great-looking car; it's too big and heavy.

2012: ZL1 debut - handling improvements across the board, and the ZL1 changed the expectation for the segment to include world-class handling and on-track performance. But this car was even heavier.

2013: SS 1LE reviewed as the best 5th gen Camaro to date, combining the lightest possible body with ZL1-level handling. Feels nimble...but it's still too heavy.

2014: Z/28 revealed with extensive light-weighting, within reason. Handling prowess is off the charts. The magazines slip on their own drool.

2015: Z/28 is regarded suddenly as having no features, too expensive, and back-breaking suspension.

2016: GM debuts next-generation Camaro...keeping the key design elements that the majority of people looking at the car say they like, in a much smaller package. One reason for that smaller size: LESS WEIGHT, to address the biggest complaint about the fifth gen.

As a result, in order to keep the looks, proportions, and lower weight, the backseat is made even smaller. Justification: car is a 2+2, not a "four seater". There are many 2+2s on the market not concerned with their back seats, too.

2017 (today): People in this thread wanting larger rear seats, back...arguing that Challengers and sedans can do it.

WEIGHT PEOPLE....WEIGHT!!!

And the Porsche? The room it has is marginally more, if at all...and it doesn't have that chopped roof to worry about.
The most vocal person in this area has never owned ANY Camaro

Camaro makes the right compromise IMO. It's performance compares well with Corvette while still having a back seat and greater comfort. My 04 GTO had a big back seat and I had passengers back there ~six times in 11 years to go five blocks to a resturant. Not important.

I don't want a 4,200 lb Camaro that is a big clumsy oaf with Challenger proportions

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #88
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Are you assholes really arguing about the back seat in a Camaro?

lmao

Can we cry about the gas mileage in my Escalade next? Maybe I should mention the lack of off-road ability of my S2000? Get a hold of yourselves, it's a Camaro not a Malibu.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:38 PM   #89
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
The 997 911 backseat might have had more headroom, but i believe it was narrower than the Camaro. Either way, no one rode in the back seat of that car either unless it was a quick trip.

I think GM did such a good job with the 6th gen Camaro as a performance car, that people don't have anything to complain about. When I hop on other car forums for other sports cars (911, Z cars, Mustangs, M3's, F-Types) the majority of comments are about increasing performance, maintenance or problems from something that broke.

Here we have complaints mostly around how the car is designed, which only begs the question: why did you buy it?

For all the cons listed of the Gen 6, most, if not all, would be solved by buying another car to begin with. I didn't buy a 911 and complain about the lack of trunk space and I didn't buy a Camaro expecting to haul my family around in it.

Or we could go back to the days when the Camaro had a spacious back seat, plenty of room for 4 modern-sized Americans (200lbs on up), a big trunk to haul stuff in and no detriment at all to performance. Wait - that didn't exist? Huh...it's almost like this is a sports coupe.

Once again - why did you buy this car if interior space or trunk space mattered that much?
It doesn't matter that much but it's one of the negatives. Ponying up all the fan boi excuses all over the place doesn't negate the complaint. Jesus H. Christ. I love my kids to the moon and back, but if they do something dumb I'm going to tell them "Well that didn't work now did it." It doesn't mean I should have got a different kid.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #90
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post

lmao

Can we cry about the gas mileage in my Escalade next? Maybe I should mention the lack of off-road ability of my S2000? Get a hold of yourselves, it's a Camaro not a Malibu.
Bravo. Well said sir

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #91
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:

lmao

Old 11-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #92
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:

lmao

Hahaha, well said!

This horse is dead!! Simple: don't like the back seat? Sell it and get a different car. Man, wonder if all the GT350R buyers are upset that Ford took the back seat out! Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #93
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
It doesn't matter that much but it's one of the negatives. Ponying up all the fan boi excuses all over the place doesn't negate the complaint. Jesus H. Christ. I love my kids to the moon and back, but if they do something dumb I'm going to tell them "Well that didn't work now did it." It doesn't mean I should have got a different kid.
Ok, so put a bigger back seat in and add a bunch of weight or compromise the sleek roof line... no thank you! I'll use my other passenger cars for hauling passengers.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #94
Cgocifer

Here, read this, sums it up.https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...k-seats-270086

Not an exotic, but still some exotic cars have tiny back seats. I bet owners don't complain because they know what they're getting into when they buy a high performance car with useless rear seats.

I love having the back seats because my 5 year old fits perfectly and he loves going for rides. ;-)
Old 11-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #95
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I laugh inside at every Mustang I see. Other than a Super Snake, but I never see those so. Off to the scrap yard Mustangs go!!!!!!! dilly dilly.
Dilly Dilly......
Old 11-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #96
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Ok, so put a bigger back seat in and add a bunch of weight or compromise the sleek roof line... no thank you! I'll use my other passenger cars for hauling passengers.
Some people don't have that advantage of second car, which is why some people want "some" useability out of the car just saying
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #97
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Speaking of Car and Driver....

Saw these over on CF and looky at that LT5 on the back of the lid and what looks like a 2650 series blower.

Though, the shifter is for an EIGHT speed.. sadly... Maybe the 10R isn't needed or they can't fit it yet.

(**note these could very well just be well done photochops though -- so, we'll see)
Attached Images

Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #98
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Drool

That looks amazing
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote