Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
Malibu T
Barbie Aficionado

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I checked with family in the area, they are saying I was good to go right on red.... and I did not see a "No turn On Red" placard, which is typically posted on the light bar as well, especially on roads/intersections that are a busy as that one! I was hoping someone here would understand the time stamps. I assume it means my speed (when the light turned red?) was 19mph? That's a seriously CRAZY area for traffic, U-turns, & accidents. If I zipped across two lanes, then slowed to make a 19 mph turn in my beloved 5th Gen without pause, then I'm grateful it worked out as well as it did.

Will definitely be checking the vid, but it's not worth wasting another 100 miles on my car & fuel going back to fight it. I think that's exactly why VB is trying to add more cameras, it's easy $ in a tourist town.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Based on those pictures that's not heavy traffic....try driving on Los Angeles. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #17
Malibu T
Barbie Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post
From what I can read in NC traffic law. There is no time requirement for a complete stop. Just that you stop completely. As long as your wheels stopped turning, and you had no forward progress (no matter how slight the timing). You've come to a complete stop and have satisfied the letter of the law. There is nothing that I can see that mentions any length of time you have to be stopped to be considered stopped. Just the wording over and over "complete stop".

If you rolled it, you're hosed.

Watch the video and look for yourself.

Fighting these tickets is sometimes painful because you can just pay the fine and be done with it. It may cost you a bit more to fight it. Even if you win, you've probably paid more than the fine.

Of course IANAL.
Fortunately, I live in a NC town without a stoplight. Maybe that's the problem? I've mastered how to safely get my SS across 4 lane highways, while dodging deer & log trucks, and have forgotten how to drive in VA.
One thing is for certain, the ticket is a win/win for Va Beach. They are making bank, and the mailbox ticket was just as effective as a VBPD traffic stop. You can bet I'll be anal about making a "complete stop" before my future "right on red". I just hope I don't take a miserable tailgater up the instead of a $50 fine!
Old 08-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Since it was out of state you could just ignore it. Things get lost in the mail all the time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #19
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
In Ohio, a judge found that the cameras violate due process. I would fight it.
x2. Columbus is in the middle of a huge battle about this. All the thousands of $$$$ they spent on these throughout the city, all cameras are coming down. Those not down yet, have been covered and are out of service. I would fight it.....
Old 08-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #20
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
go fight it, they have to prove it was you... I cant see anyone in the picture, say it wasnt yourself driving, when they ask who, tell them you dont know, or wish to say - its your right...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #21
Malibu T
Barbie Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Based on those pictures that's not heavy traffic....try driving on Los Angeles. lol
That's the truth!!! Done that, & worse! In VB a yellow traffic light seems to mean: "WOT, you're not going to make it!" -or- "Chill [ignore the car moving forward in front of you] and resume texting until the light turns green again." The light was already red, this is why you are only seeing a portion of the true traffic picture. Haha!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #22
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
Man everything is cheaper in the States. Here it's $115 for failing to stop at a Red Light and 3 Demerits. In Calgary they don't usually give a ticket on a Red Light if it is a Right turn though.
backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #23
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
More revenue generatin'.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:24 AM   #24
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I have heard that you have a right to question any witnesses, so...

EDIT: Also be aware that if you don't pay and it is sent to a collection agency the collection agency has to prove that you owe the money. Most of them can't.

before the collection agency has to prove he owes it, the courts must first prove it was him in the first place. Can anyone make out the driver? I cant... All he needs to say is he had 'someone' from the party make a beer run. "I have no idea who was driving my car at the time, your honor"

This will get dismissed by the court attendant before the judge even looks at it
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #25
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
I think you are ''supposed'' to stop for ''3 seconds'' before making the right on red. Although when you speak with LEO they will tell you a stop is a stop.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #26
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Fight it. Don't need a lawyer. Just show up to court and present your case. What's the worse that can happen, you pay the fine that your guilty of?
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #27
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Since it was out of state you could just ignore it. Things get lost in the mail all the time.
Ignoring will not result in legal action but it can count against your credit
Old 08-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #28
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
You make a good point, but maybe in the future you would want to spell out I am not a lawyer. Just a suggestion.
IANAL
I thought he was trying to say he was being ANAL

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote