Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
EncoreCamaros

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS LS3
Pfadt coilover problems

Bought a set of pfadts new gen coilovers for my ss about a year ago and they been nothing but problems! Ive had 3 coilovers leak completely out and now today was my 4th. Im getting tired of paying to swap them out and have an alignment every time! Ive probably paid more to swap them out then what the coilovers cost new! Every time i call they tell me its " extremely rare that it leaks because the coilover has a triple seal." Apparently not if ive had 4 within a year. The car is only driven on weekends on perfect days and sits in the garage probably 20 days a month so it cant be the wear and tear. And they dont send me new replacement coilovers, they send rebuilt ones. Has anyone else have this problem?
ARH 1 7/8 headers catless 3'' long system, Whipple sc 4.00 pulley 9 lbs boost, msd boost-a-pump, CAI intake, Pfadt coilovers, toe links, trailing arms, solid cradle bushings, sway bars, Forgestar CF5 19x9.5/19x11, M/T et street II radials
EncoreCamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
69camaroSS

Drives: 1969 camaro SS;2011 Turbocharged SS
Bump....

2011 turbocharged SS Borla Touring Axle back
69camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros View Post
Bought a set of pfadts new gen coilovers for my ss about a year ago and they been nothing but problems! Ive had 3 coilovers leak completely out and now today was my 4th. Im getting tired of paying to swap them out and have an alignment every time! Ive probably paid more to swap them out then what the coilovers cost new! Every time i call they tell me its " extremely rare that it leaks because the coilover has a triple seal." Apparently not if ive had 4 within a year. The car is only driven on weekends on perfect days and sits in the garage probably 20 days a month so it cant be the wear and tear. And they dont send me new replacement coilovers, they send rebuilt ones. Has anyone else have this problem?
Hey EncoreCamaros, just wanted to let you know we received your email and are discussing this with our production manager. Will have answers for you shortly and will contact you. As a reminder, we aren't in the office on the weekends which is the reason why we didn't get back to you sooner.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
Boosted Sprayed V6

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Hey not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread but I am having a similar issue. I have already had one of my rear PFADT coil overs replaced and was just under the car doing a clutch change and noticed the other rear is soaked in oil. I haven't pulled it yet to be certain but I am almost positive that this one is almost completely empty also. If the guys at PFADT could figure this out and get some answers to us that would be greatly appreciated. My car is a daily driver and makes quite a bit of power for a v6 (almost 500 RWHP) but still, that's why I bought the PFADT's because they're supposed to be some of the best and should stand up to it.
Boosted Sprayed V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Sprayed V6 View Post
Hey not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread but I am having a similar issue. I have already had one of my rear PFADT coil overs replaced and was just under the car doing a clutch change and noticed the other rear is soaked in oil. I haven't pulled it yet to be certain but I am almost positive that this one is almost completely empty also. If the guys at PFADT could figure this out and get some answers to us that would be greatly appreciated. My car is a daily driver and makes quite a bit of power for a v6 (almost 500 RWHP) but still, that's why I bought the PFADT's because they're supposed to be some of the best and should stand up to it.
Hey there, Pfadt is actually out of business. Now, there are some other vendors who would probably be very willing to assist you. BMR, and possible Apex being two of many. I would get in touch with one of them asking for some recommendations on what route to take.

Good Luck!

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Ride-Tec...Will be my next set if my Pedders go bad but, so far good and I autocross the shit out of it ...
Old 05-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
Boosted Sprayed V6

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Well that sucks, now I can't even get mine replaced under warranty. It's a shame they went out of business. When the shocks held fluid it was amazing what the coil overs did for the handling of the car. But then again if they can't build a decent seal to go with the rest of the unit I suppose it's no surprise they are out of business. I suppose it's time to start looking for a new pair. Thanks to all those who replied.
Boosted Sprayed V6 is offline   Reply With Quote