Phastek Performance

Old 10-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #15
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
In my area:
2017 1SS 1LE - None (All Sold)
2018 1SS 1LE with PDR - $46,500.00 and none of the dealers are dropping prices (With in a 500Mi Search)
2018 2SS 1LE With PDR and NAV - $49,200.00

I am not seeing a $5,000 difference. Remember we are comparing 2018s not 2017s where the prices are dropped to $42K.

+1
I agree! Thanks for posting the graphic! This confirms a lot!

As GearheadSS stated above:
The Leather and HUD is displayed under the 1SS + 1LE box
While the Leather and HUD is a standard feature under the 2SS box. So the 1LE box does not include it because the 2SS package already includes Leather and HUD.

It is $5k MSRP. There's a $5k jump between the 1SS and 2SS and the 1LE package costs the same on both.

I've found 1SS 1LE's here for 43.3-43.5 with PDR so it's hard to compare local asking prices in one area to another.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #16
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
In my area:
2017 1SS 1LE - None (All Sold)
2018 1SS 1LE with PDR - $46,500.00 and none of the dealers are dropping prices (With in a 500Mi Search)
2018 2SS 1LE With PDR and NAV - $49,200.00

I am not seeing a $5,000 difference. Remember we are comparing 2018s not 2017s where the prices are dropped to $42K.

+1
I agree! Thanks for posting the graphic! This confirms a lot!

As GearheadSS stated above:
The Leather and HUD is displayed under the 1SS + 1LE box
While the Leather and HUD is a standard feature under the 2SS box. So the 1LE box does not include it because the 2SS package already includes Leather and HUD.

$42,995(2ss) - $37,995(1ss) = $5000

MSRP. I used "~" to approximate the $5K difference, as MSRP and dealer prices are almost always different.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #17
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
2ss1le (stupid designation.)

2ss1le (stupid designation.)

* Rear parking assist
* Spectrum lighting
* Wireless charging
* Illuminated door sills
* Garage opener
* Blind spot monitoring & lane change alert
* Mirror dimming & heated mirrors
* Dual climate control
* BOSE SOUND (woo ya )

Worth the ~5k difference? To some, yes. Others, no. I suspect the cars should weigh the same. Most of the differences are tech, no difference in sound deadening or anything like that.

I wonder what happens to the heated steering wheel option lol.

You did not state MSRP above... You specifically said "2ss1le (stupid designation.)"
The same can be said for a 1SS vs 2SS Camaro yet they have sold more 2SS equipped vehicles.

Is the $5K worth it? Here in the Midwest it is well worth it. Woke up this morning and it was 35°F and a high of 75°F (Don't like the weather? Wait a minute, it will change). So, you may laugh at the heated wheel (out in Cali) but here in a week we get our first freeze. You will want a heated wheel on the way to work and the cooled seats on the way home.

I do agree with you on the weight. There shouldn't be much of a difference (Haven't proven it yet).

Remember 2SS has always outsold the 1SS ($5K more or not). Mainly because Dealers stock up on 2SS, they are considered "Fully Loaded" and people are willing to go fully loaded. The more they sell the more they order.

Overall no one looks at MSRP (Not in my area) because no one here buys a vehicle for MSRP. We are willing to travel out of state to buy (Perks of being in the center of the states). So it's more like $3K for us and it is well worth it!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #18
Dave-ROR

Quote:
So it's more like $3K for us and it is well worth it!
But yet you list MSRP for one, and pretty heavily discounted for the other.

Since you are willing to travel to get one, make it apples to apples. I can get a 1SS with PDR for more than $5k less than the 2SS listed on autotrader.

So, it really is "like $5k" not "like $3k" unless you cherry pick the prices that suit your argument and ignore all other pricing.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #19
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
$42,995(2ss) - $37,995(1ss) = $5000

MSRP. I used "~" to approximate the $5K difference, as MSRP and dealer prices are almost always different.
I don't think it could have been more obvious that the discussion should be MSRP to MSRP. Obviously market differences, inventory, etc will play a role in actual pricing and the deal YOU can get... but you can't compare Apples to Dishwashers like that! That's just pure and simple stupidity.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #20
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
You did not state MSRP above... You specifically said "2ss1le (stupid designation.)"
The same can be said for a 1SS vs 2SS Camaro yet they have sold more 2SS equipped vehicles.

Is the $5K worth it? Here in the Midwest it is well worth it. Woke up this morning and it was 35°F and a high of 75°F (Don't like the weather? Wait a minute, it will change). So, you may laugh at the heated wheel (out in Cali) but here in a week we get our first freeze. You will want a heated wheel on the way to work and the cooled seats on the way home.

I do agree with you on the weight. There shouldn't be much of a difference (Haven't proven it yet).

Remember 2SS has always outsold the 1SS ($5K more or not). Mainly because Dealers stock up on 2SS, they are considered "Fully Loaded" and people are willing to go fully loaded. The more they sell the more they order.

Overall no one looks at MSRP (Not in my area) because no one here buys a vehicle for MSRP. We are willing to travel out of state to buy (Perks of being in the center of the states). So it's more like $3K for us and it is well worth it!
What are you on about? I drive a 2ss, I was just saying the name is stupid, not the price. And i didnt state the price difference above because i thought most people could do basic math.
I think all the equipment is well worth the 5k difference. But lets not compare hypothetical prices, just MSRP. Saying you could get one for only 3k more is BS in this discussion, do i believe you could? Absolutely. But Im comparing the prices FROM CHEVY. Not a dealership in lala land.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #21
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
I don't think it could have been more obvious that the discussion should be MSRP to MSRP. Obviously market differences, inventory, etc will play a role in actual pricing and the deal YOU can get... but you can't compare Apples to Dishwashers like that! That's just pure and simple stupidity.
What the hell are you talking about guy? I was only talking about MSRP. You should read my posts again. That's just pure and simple stupidity.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #22
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Nice. It might be nice to have a box that shows just the upgrades you get by moving from a 1SS 1LE to a 2SS 1LE
Here is the original Post with the items highlighted that you would get additionally with a 2SS 1LE that you would not get with a 1SS 1LE.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #23
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
I can buy a lot of tires and brakes for 5k
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:58 PM   #24
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Wait a minute, the 1LE package is 7 grand for both. For the 1SS, the 1LE adds leather rear seats and HUD. So, $5 grand for some fancy interior lighting and a few comfort gadgets? meh

Dual zone climate control in a tight cockpit that doesn't really matter. The temp isn't going to be much different in there... lol Heated and cooled seats? Don't matter too much with the ventilated suede. Heated mirrors for a car you're not supposed to drive under 40 degree F weather? lol Auto dimming rear view mirror? Uh, not that difficult to flip a little toggle switch; takes all of .5 seconds. Illuminated door sills? Just don't wipe them with a cloth, you could catch and bend the letters. More stuff to scratch as you drag your feet trying to get out of those Recaros... Heated steering wheel? Again, not supposed to drive the car under 40 degrees F.

Ok, ok, to some, all that stuff is very important... To me, the only things I wouldn't mind having are the blind spot warnings (should be standard on all Camaros due to vis issues) and parking sensors.

$5 grand though? Pass. The 1LE package is more bang for the buck on the 1SS (you get leather seats and HUD plus all the other 1LE stuff). They should knock off a few hundred bucks from the 1LE package for a 2SS in my opinion.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #25
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
You do realize that you're not supposed to drive this car in temps below 40 degrees right? I suppose you could change the wheels and tires, but why bother? Just buy a winter beater.

Gloves work well too... The suede doesn't get that cold.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #26
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Jesus christ everyone calm down lmao its not that serious
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #27
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
You do realize that you're not supposed to drive this car in temps below 40 degrees right? I suppose you could change the wheels and tires, but why bother? Just buy a winter beater.

You can drive the car in -40F, just not with the stock tires.

I agree that the 2SS isn't that great and has limited usefulness for me, but with different tires some of the options are useful.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:04 AM   #28
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post

Not this **** again.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote