The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #43
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I thought I saw a youtube clip with Al confirming all Camaro's have this?
I asked this question to Al at the most recent Camaro Fest in Bowling Green and Al said the SS has it. However, I also asked about 6 other GM employees (most at least involved with the Camaro project) and half said it had it, half said it didn't have it.

So coming out of Camaro fest I was not 100% sold that the SS manuals had it. I tried it myself several times and mine behaves like the 1st video in the original post, which didn't seem like the feature was really working (at least didn't work how I expected it to). Sure I can no lift shift, but I don't necessarily want to be banging into a 6500rpm limiter if that's not how the feature is supposed to be working.

With that said, I just want clarification from the engineering team on how it's supposed to work and if it's tuned differently between the SS and SS 1LE models (as it appears in the videos I posted). Once I'm clear on how it's supposed to work, then I'll start using it again!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
Old 10-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #44
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes, I asked All (no pun intended) this very question and the answer was All V8 6th Gen Camaros have no lift shift.

However, from the threads we have here this is a great question.
Maybe he meant no, no lift shift.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #45
vtirocz

It looks like this question was selected to be answered by Al and his team! I look forward to their response!!

Thanks to all who voted!

Old 10-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #46
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I asked this question to Al at the most recent Camaro Fest in Bowling Green and Al said the SS has it. However, I also asked about 6 other GM employees (most at least involved with the Camaro project) and half said it had it, half said it didn't have it.

So coming out of Camaro fest I was not 100% sold that the SS manuals had it. I tried it myself several times and mine behaves like the 1st video in the original post, which didn't seem like the feature was really working (at least didn't work how I expected it to). Sure I can no lift shift, but I don't necessarily want to be banging into a 6500rpm limiter if that's not how the feature is supposed to be working.

With that said, I just want clarification from the engineering team on how it's supposed to work and if it's tuned differently between the SS and SS 1LE models (as it appears in the videos I posted). Once I'm clear on how it's supposed to work, then I'll start using it again!
I heard you ask Al at Fest. I'm with you on not being 100% sure that the SS has it. No more no-lift-shift for me until more info is provided.

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
Old 10-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #47
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:

exactly.

Here is another video (ZL1) with a much better example of NLS working.... check out the shift at 2:14 (blahhhpap sound, rpms going DOWN from 6000+ to under 5000, all while full throttle)

my SS definitely does not do this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=qirY-8y59sE
Old 10-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #48
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
If this is the question that won then should it be turned into a sticky? Per the ground rules post:
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #49
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
On my car it works, and it is very obvious when it does. I have used it with ARM on and off, and in sport and track modes (not saying it won’t work in the others, just haven’t tried). When the NLS is executed, you can pretty easily hear it working as depending on the load you will get a pop/fart like sound when it drops off a little timing. I assume that is excess fuel burning off. Videos have been posted with this sound happening by a member with a white SS 1LE (I can’t remember his name). According to what I have seen in a HPT screenshot, NLS works as long as the throttle is at least at 93%, and you are going over 31 mph.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #50
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
On my car it works, and it is very obvious when it does. I have used it with ARM on and off, and in sport and track modes (not saying it won’t work in the others, just haven’t tried). When the NLS is executed, you can pretty easily hear it working as depending on the load you will get a pop/fart like sound when it drops off a little timing. I assume that is excess fuel burning off. Videos have been posted with this sound happening by a member with a white SS 1LE (I can’t remember his name). According to what I have seen in a HPT screenshot, NLS works as long as the throttle is at least at 93%, and you are going over 31 mph.
I think the video you're referencing is in the first post of this thread (2nd video), or at least by the same member since he had posted several.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #51
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
If this is the question that won then should it be turned into a sticky? Per the ground rules post:
I assume that will be done soon.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:29 PM   #52
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:

So coming out of Camaro fest I was not 100% sold that the SS manuals had it.
So the $69,000 is;

Is the NLL in the SS Owner's Manual/Supplement or nor???
Old 10-27-2017, 05:37 AM   #53
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
So the $69,000 is;

Is the NLL in the SS Owner's Manual/Supplement or nor???
No. There is absolutely no reference to NLS in any of the manuals for the 6th gen Camaro.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #54
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
From watching youtube videos of PDR recorded track days, there seems to be a minimum rpm before no lift shift is activated.
Something like 6000 rpm or more, anything lower and you will go to the rev limiter.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #55
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
From watching youtube videos of PDR recorded track days, there seems to be a minimum rpm before no lift shift is activated.
Something like 6000 rpm or more, anything lower and you will go to the rev limiter.
Thanks. When I was testing the feature out, I tried initiating the no lift shift everywhere from 6000 - 6400 RPM. In all cases engine speed goes to and gets held at 6500 RPM while the clutch pedal is in. That's the reason I've asked the question since it's not behaving how I expected it to (ie. was expecting more similar behavior to the SS 1LE in the first post).

Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #56
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Thanks. When I was testing the feature out, I tried initiating the no lift shift everywhere from 6000 - 6400 RPM. In all cases engine speed goes to and gets held at 6500 RPM while the clutch pedal is in. That's the reason I've asked the question since it's not behaving how I expected it to (ie. was expecting more similar behavior to the SS 1LE in the first post).
This thread made me interested in the issue and I started paying attention to this feature in the videos, and one driver used the NLS feature almost exclusively during track events.
You could see the data on the video and the throttle would stay to the floor as he shifted, while the rpm reacted as if he lifted between shifts, dropping down to the next gear and sometimes giving off the audible exhaust "fart" as if the engine was in decel fuel cut-off.
During one lap, for some reason the driver short shifted somewhere below 6000 rpm and the engine shot up to the limiter, the driver lifted then completed the shift and continued on.

His 1LE performed the no lift shift flawlessly for every shift except the WOT shift at a point below the 6000 mark. I don't recall the exact rpm but it was lower than the 6k level.

Now awaiting the answers to the posted questions.....

Closed Thread