The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #29
sahowley

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51 Wht/Blck LT3 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznCorvette View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems with your new C7. Is the dealer rental a comparable vehicle, i.e. premium or luxury car? I'd settle for nothing less. Also, keep the following info handy. If the third infotainment unit gives you problems, I'd look into Florida's / Federal Lemon Law.

How The Florida Lemon Law Works

The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.
Consumers should KEEP RECORDS of all repairs and maintenance. A written repair order should be obtained from the service agent (dealer) for each examination or repair under the warranty. The consumer should note the date the vehicle was taken in for repair and date he or she was notified that work was completed. Odometer mileage when the vehicle was taken to the shop and when it was picked up after repair should also be noted. Consumers should keep all receipts or invoices for payment of expenses related to the purchase/lease of the vehicle and to any repair.
If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may be used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. Upon receipt of the notification, the manufacturer has 10 days to direct the consumer to a reasonably accessible repair facility, and then up to 10 days from delivery of the vehicle to fix it.
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.
If the manufacturer does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through one or two arbitration programs. The dispute must be submitted for arbitration to a manufacturer sponsored program, if that program was certified by the State of Florida when the consumer purchased or leased the vehicle and the manufacturer's warranty or other written material explained how and where to file a claim with a state-certified program.
A list of Manufacturers who sponsor state-certified programs can be found by clicking here, or to find out if a manufacturer has a state-certified program, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366), consumers out of state may call 850-414-3500. "State-certified" means the manufacturer's program meets certain state and federal requirements; it does not mean that the program is administered or sponsored by the State of Florida.
If a manufacturer has no state-certified program, or if the manufacturer has a state-certified program, but the program fails to make a decision in 40 days, or the consumer is not satisfied with the state-certified program's decision, the dispute must be submitted to the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board, which is administered by the Office of the Attorney General. Click here to download a Request for Arbitration form, or contact the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366; 1-850-414-3500) to obtain a Request for Arbitration form. The form is submitted for eligibility screening to the Office of the Attorney General.
Thanks, I read up on the law last wk just in case I continue to have issues with they information system. I took video of the issues. Chevy had the dealer call me and asked me for the video's. I guess no one else has had the issue I am having. I am in a chevy cruz rental right now. It just sits in my driveway. I stole my wife's 2012 BMW 550I after I almost killed my self merging on 95. A bit of a power difference between the cruz and what I normally drive, LOL. I appreciate every ones support. Chevy seems to be doing all they can and my local dealer has been great.
sahowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #30
sahowley

This is video out the original information system in my car. It just changes screen with out any input.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #31
sahowley

THis is the replacement unit. It does the same thing, but now it makes that clicking sound when it changes screen. The clicking sound is sweet cause it is louder than the radio. Turn up radio and volume on clinking sound gets louder. I did figure out a duct tape fix, it you put the screen in the dan position the click sound would stop.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #32
Pollickjp

Drives: 3LT all option minus competi seats
ANYONE HAVING NOISE FROM TRANSMISSION UNDER DRIVER SIDE? SOUNDS BENIGN BUT DEALER REMOVING TRANS AND LIKELY REPLACING AN INTERNAL FLUID PUMP BUT LITERALLY DOING IT VIA INSTRUCTION OVER THE PHONE FROM GM...DOESNT EXUDE CONFIDENCE WHEN NEW CAR BEING DISASSEMBLED BY MECHANIC WHOS NEVER SEEN C7 BEFORE...UUGH
Pollickjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #33
Pollickjp

was the rattling you heard under driver seat and only heard when idling? My dealer says theyre goning replace my torque tube too but I questioned them since sounds like inside of transmission thks John
Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #34
Fasttoys

Drives: Lotus Evora S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollickjp View Post
was the rattling you heard under driver seat and only heard when idling? My dealer says theyre goning replace my torque tube too but I questioned them since sounds like inside of transmission thks John

What is last digits of vin?
Fasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #35
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahowley View Post
Update
Update
I dropped my car back off at dealer yesterday, 10-31-13, to have a Chevy field engineer diagnose the issue. They have decided to replace the information unit again with a new unit. They are expecting the unit to arrive next Tuesday. I will get the car back Tuesday or Wednesday of next wk. I hate not having my car, but the engineer didn't want me to take it. I'll give another update when I get it back. I have also added to the work order to have the rear diff checked and the tire temperature checked. Mine always reads warm. It never reads hot or cold.
Thanks
Update…

They installed the third information unit today. It is doing the same thing as the first two. Chevrolet's field engineer no showed on my dealer today so chevy technical support told them they could not continue to work on the car. I've owned the car for 34 days now. It has been in the dealer's shop for 16 DAYS now. This is getting frustrating. Now they will need to wait for field engineer to show up so he can try to figure out what is wrong. Then they will order parts. So far it's taken 5 days plus for each part to show up. Then they will need to wait for engineer to show back up so they can see if it's fixed. This is a nightmare!!! I'm starting to get a little angry. My dealer is doing all they can, but I don't feel like Chevy is all that concerned.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
OMG! Can you or the the dealer's management escalate the complaint further up the GM chain? 16/34 days is inexcusable... and it's continuing.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #37
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
OMG! Can you or the the dealer's management escalate the complaint further up the GM chain? 16/34 days is inexcusable... and it's continuing.
Dude I called Chevy on day 7. They called the dealer and asked them to call me. Then chevy called me and asked it the dealer had contacted me and if I was satisfied. I said well I do not know if I am satisfied my car is not fixed. The Chevy customer service person told me that if the dealer had contacted me and was working on the issue they were going to CLOSE my case. I said how can you do that my car is broke? They told me to call back if I was not satisfied with the dealer. I am satisfied with the dealer and i don't want to cause problems for them. I am dissatisfied with Chevy's support for both the dealer and I. My dealer calls me once or twice a day. I think they are doing all they can. It seems chevy just calls them and tells them they are doing a bad job if I contact customer support. Shoot chevy's engineer no called no showed today! It sucks because I love the car!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #38
CruznCorvette

Drives: 2014 C7
That really sucks!!
It's a shame GM / Chevy is not stepping up to the plate. The field engineer should have at least contacted the dealer. No call / no show is unacceptable and that person should be fired. I'd definitely pursue the Lemon Law route at this point.

My Sister works for a German Automotive OEM and they buy cars back all the time.

It could be a wiring harness issue instead of the infotainment unit. The supplier should be able to bench test the actual replacement unit before shipping.

Hope this gets all sorted out for you.

CruznCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #39
sahowley

Quote:
Update…

They installed the third information unit today. It is doing the same thing as the first two. Chevrolet's field engineer no showed on my dealer today so chevy technical support told them they could not continue to work on the car. I've owned the car for 34 days now. It has been in the dealer's shop for 16 DAYS now. This is getting frustrating. Now they will need to wait for field engineer to show up so he can try to figure out what is wrong. Then they will order parts. So far it's taken 5 days plus for each part to show up. Then they will need to wait for engineer to show back up so they can see if it's fixed. This is a nightmare!!! I'm starting to get a little angry. My dealer is doing all they can, but I don't feel like Chevy is all that concerned.
Update…
This morning I stopped by the dealership. I have to admit I was out of patients and ready to make some noise! To my surprise before I could start they told me my car was fixed. So the issue was not any of the three information units that were in the car. The issue was that the bezel around the information unit was making contact with the screen and causing it to go crazy. They have shimmed the bezel so it won't make contact with screen, per chevy dealer technical support. I'll be picking the car up today around 4pm. I'll keep you posted if this fixes the issue. For those of you have issues with screen this maybe the cause. Thanks for being supportive during this ordeal. I hope she is good to go now.
Thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Update…
So the issue was not any of the three information units that were in the car. The issue was that the bezel around the information unit was making contact with the screen and causing it to go crazy. They have shimmed the bezel so it won't make contact with screen, per chevy dealer technical support. Thanks
Glad for you and to hear that was just the issue... whew!

I know I'm dissecting this further but it makes me wonder if they shimmed the inner or outer part of the bezel then that specific bezel may have been a not-so-perfect mold, or with minor defects, burrs, OOS, etc. Could they have not just completely replaced it with a new bezel?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #41
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Glad for you and to hear that was just the issue... whew!

I know I'm dissecting this further but it makes me wonder if they shimmed the inner or outer part of the bezel then that specific bezel may have been a not-so-perfect mold, or with minor defects, burrs, OOS, etc. Could they have not just completely replaced it with a new bezel?
That's what I was thinking. Something is out of tolerance. The mounts for the unit the bezel something. If it acts up again I am going to ask them to ORDER the mount and the bezel before I drop it off. Then once they have them I'll bring my car in. I'm not giving them my car again to sit for a wk while they try to get parts.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #42
Pollickjp

Kelly j. Can you look into the parts status of replacement torque tube and converter for service req 71-1242974903. My car diagnosed 10/30 and STILL WAITING FOR PARTS TO B DELIVERD TO GEORGE MOORE CHEVY JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA
thks for any info
John. 2014 C7. Vin ending 0104