The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
sahowley

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51 Wht/Blck LT3 Auto
Issues with New C7

# 1467 is at the dealership being looked at for the following issues.

1. Nav / Information screen jumps from screen to screen and won't accept input.

2. Can not answer phone from info screen.

3. Car is Z51 w/ Mag ride but the "track" menu will not come up.

Has anyone else had similar issues or any other issue? My guess is software issues.

Thanks
sahowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
killascrimp

Drives: 14 z51
i cant get my (hockey stick) speedometer to come on while i am in"track mode". maybe i am doing something wrong. i also had paint issue i am working on. picked her up late last night
killascrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
sahowley

Update from dealer
1. Replacing Nav / Information screen
2. Replacing torque tube. I mentioned a rattling sound to them. It appears the tube is bent. Had to come like this I haven't turned the ires over yet or driven the car hard at all.
3. Track mode... Still no word on fix yet.
Expected date of return. Sometime next week maybe
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
killascrimp

Hey this might help is your cell in the storage spot behind the info screen? My screen has been great but then I placed my s4 behind the screen and the screen started bouncing all over, I took cell out and it fixed prob. Im sure there will be a tsb soon.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killascrimp View Post
Hey this might help is your cell in the storage spot behind the info screen? My screen has been great but then I placed my s4 behind the screen and the screen started bouncing all over, I took cell out and it fixed prob. Im sure there will be a tsb soon.
Very interesting! A while back I experienced the same exact issue with my Caddy XTS Platinum: I had by Samsung S3 plugged into the USB behind the NAV screen (similar set up to the C7) and all of a sudden the screen went the way old TVs went when the tube was going. Once I pulled the Samsung out, the problem never occurred again in 7k plus miles. I am convinced it had to do with some sort of interference between the bluetooth phone and NAV.
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
Very interesting! A while back I experienced the same exact issue with my Caddy XTS Platinum: I had by Samsung S3 plugged into the USB behind the NAV screen (similar set up to the C7) and all of a sudden the screen went the way old TVs went when the tube was going. Once I pulled the Samsung out, the problem never occurred again in 7k plus miles. I am convinced it had to do with some sort of interference between the bluetooth phone and NAV.
No phone was in my pocket not behind screen or plugged into the car at all.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
SCM_Crash

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT
I haven't had any strange issues. I do hear the dash pad creak a little when going over uneven ground. It's kind of annoying because otherwise the car feels really solid.
2002 Corvette Z06
2003 Corvette Z06

2014 Corvette Z51
SCM_Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hey sahowley,

I am sorry that you are not out enjoying your new Stingray! If you would like me to get a case started for you in my system, please let me know. It does sound like your dealer is taking great care of you. Keep us all posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahowley View Post

Has anyone else had similar issues or any other issue? My guess is software issues.

Thanks
Update
Car is still @ dealership, Rodger Dean in West Palm Beach, FL, not expected to return until Friday at the earliest. It arrived @ Rodger Dean on 10/16/13.

Issue 1. & 2. Replacing screen
3. Still no answer. I don't think anyone @ the dealership understands what this menu is or that it does exist in car with z51 and mag ride. I was told today that they were searching on youtube to find video on how to access menu. This alarmed me, but not as much as an email I got form Chevy customer service. I contacted them to get support for the dealership since they don't seem to understand the car. When Chevy customer service contacted the dealership today they told them that they do not have my car or a ticket open on my car? Bellow you will see a picture of my car in there garage taken sunday, 10/20/13. I stopped by this Sunday to see my car. I missed her that much! I'm a little concerned at this point. Also they discovered that the torque tube is bent in the car. They think it was a defective part installed @ BG. My white c7 is the 4th car one the right!!! Not a great feeling. How do you not know that this car has been in your service bay for 6 days????
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
sahowley

Just so everyone understands where I am coming from, I LOVE this car. It is amazing inside and a dream to drive. I am though very disappointed in both Chevrolet and the Dealership. I traded in a 2012 640 BMW on this car. I followed this car online and in every issue of Motor Trend as info was leaked about its production over the last 3 yrs. Now to a let a car out with bellow standard QC and to have bad customer support @ dealership is very disappointing. I want to drive a Corvette, but how do I justify paying $72,000 + for a car and getting $10,000 support and service. GM needs to consider this. Being a current BMW customer, I have still have a 2012 550, one thing I can say with 100% certainty is this would have been handled better. They would at least be able to tell me what is wrong with my car after 6 days and they would know that my car is @ in one of their service bays!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
bnall40

Drives: Z51 3LT, 2009 Pilot, 2012 Ody Tours
A comment in the same vain: I too, have had build problems but Bowling Green has been pro active in response and I am driving to the plant next week to have 2 items fixed. This is trouble for me but I sincerely appreciate their response.
However, here is another problem, take note: If you are planning to add options, i.e., Sting Ray luggage area and front floor mats, save you money and buy Lloyd or something similar. Both are advertised as "Plush". They are anything but. They are cheap looking and they do a disservice to an otherwise beautiful car inside and out. How they got past the "interior upgrade and scrutiny" is a mystery. You would not like them in a Chevy Nova, they are poor quality. Also; The "plush" Sting Ray luggage area mat prevents the use of the lower privacy curtain. There are no holes in the mat for the snap on connectors to pass through when attaching the privacy curtain. My suggestion: Do not buy either! If the luggage mat fit they set would still do a disservice to your beautiful C7!
bnall40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
bconley2384

Drives: 2012 Chevy Cruze LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahowley View Post

Thanks
So, for number #3.... Not sure what "Track" mode you are talking about. Are you talking about the Performance Traction Management system? Which is accessed by selecting "Track" from the drive mode selector and then pressing the center button on the drive mode selector twice... Or are you searching for a "Track" mode within the infotainment system menus?

If it is the second one that you are looking for, it doesn't exist. Originally you were going to be able to customize things like steering and suspension modes independently of each other, but GM updated the MyLink software prior to launch to disable this feature. See the second post of the thread below:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...e-control.html

Hope this helps.

Arctic White - Z51, Black Wheels, Red Calipers, Magnetic Ride, Performance Exhaust, Nav
bconley2384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
killascrimp

i am also a little puzzled at the reaction i got

I had a less than pleasing experience at the dealership, but when I saw paint missing on my hood I was pretty upset. I called GM but the 18 year old kids they have picking up the calls can not help me. I asked them if they can please have a supervisor call me, but I received no call. Day 2... still no call remember that I called hours after the purchase, day 3 I call the GM and ask if I can please talk to anybody about the paint issue. Finally I get a call back but they didn't even want me to send them a pic.. They said I can mail it in. and let my local dealer fix it.. come on ...needless to say I am going to trust my dealer and if they can cover it cool, I guess I thought GM would handle a almost 70k car with a little more care...I am not b!tching I love my car.. its better than I thought. I didn't even go for a test ride I wrote a check and left but come on GM you should have way better customer care, I know my last car SRT had great customer care... they want 911 owners right... call your customers back.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconley2384 View Post
So, for number #3.... Not sure what "Track" mode you are talking about. Are you talking about the Performance Traction Management system? Which is accessed by selecting "Track" from the drive mode selector and then pressing the center button on the drive mode selector twice... Or are you searching for a "Track" mode within the infotainment system menus?

If it is the second one that you are looking for, it doesn't exist. Originally you were going to be able to customize things like steering and suspension modes independently of each other, but GM updated the MyLink software prior to launch to disable this feature. See the second post of the thread below:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...e-control.html

Hope this helps.
Performance Traction Management. Sorry about calling it track mode. Accessed by putting the car in track and pressing the traction control button twice quickly. I had tried to access PTM menu 1,000 times. Pushing it very fast not so fast. With foot on break, while in park, while in drive, every way I could think of and nothing. I even showed the service advisor the directions in the book and demonstrated for them. It frustration that they have no answer for me after 6 days nor do they understand what it does or how it should work. I thought only 900 dealerships got to sell the car. That those dealerships had to sell a certain number of vetts, attend training, and invest in the tools to work on c7.
Thanks for the advice I do appreciate it