Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #113
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohan07 View Post
The front looks like the beak from the TA and the hood with those nostrils are more rounded hood shape (from camo shots up close and the new pic).
I cannot see the front looking anything like a TA, what year are you referring to?
Old 03-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #114
jrohan07

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Supercharged SLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I cannot see the front looking anything like a TA, what year are you referring to?
Not sure what year but my eyes see it.
Attached Images

jrohan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #115
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
It's got to be photoshopped nonsense. Compare the real GM teaser pic to this new pic that nobody has a clue where the heck it came from. The GM teaser has no overbite and looks much better.
Tough to tell what the heck is going on here but I would imagine someone is messing with us. That overbite is ridiculous.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #116
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
DETROIT – Designed to deliver more efficiency, connectivity and advanced safety features than ever, the next-generation 2016 Chevrolet Malibu will make its public debut at the New York International Auto Show this April.

Using a blank slate approach, Chevrolet designers benefited from an entirely new architecture, which for Malibu includes a wheelbase nearly four inches longer than the outgoing model. That, in turn, provides increased rear legroom and interior space.

Due to a higher-strength steel structure, the new Malibu is also expected to be 300 pounds lighter than the current model, which benefits the sedan’s fuel economy and handling.

“Malibu’s gorgeous styling is the result of a masterful understanding of proportions,” said Ed Welburn, General Motors’ vice president of Global Design. “The roofline has been stretched rearward giving a more sleek profile, while the front wheels have moved forward and front and rear overhangs have been reduced. Along with the sculpted body side, these cues help Malibu appear more dynamic and sophisticated.”

More details about the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu will be shared each week leading up to the vehicle’s global debut. The 2016 Malibu is expected to go on sale by the end of 2015

If the Malibu is going to be 300 pounds lighter, why not the Camaro?
Can't wait to see the new Malibu too.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #117
fradaj

Drives: RS
The new photo looks real to me, if it is it doesn't hide very much of the front end. This could be an updated slide by GM. Looks a lot like the renders we have seen in this forum. I would say the front looks pretty clean, a continuation of the C5 styling, maybe a bit closer to the ZL1's front end. Should be a good looking car when it is finally revealed.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #118
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Tough to tell what the heck is going on here but I would imagine someone is messing with us. That overbite is ridiculous.
Judging by the info it seems credible now. Probably the lighting and angle messing with us. Much still to be revealed.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #119
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I would like to see the Malibu SS return. When they made the 2.0 Turbo LTZ in 2013 I thought the SS would becoming then..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #120
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MShafer View Post
They are saying a later date then May but DO NOT quote me on that. I am not giving out specifics. just know that it is not at NY auto show as of right now
This is what I was afraid of.
I was thinking of ordering a '15 1LE this spring but I really wanted to see the 6th gen.
But with the ordering cut-off date set sometime in May, it seems I won't have the chance to see the new car before ordering.

If it isn't revealed before the 5th gen ordering cut-off date, I'll be ordering a 5th gen. Just can't risk not ordering a 5th gen and then not liking the 6th gen.

From what we've seen of the 6th gen so far, I can say I'm not a fan, but I wanted to see an uncamo'ed car.

I kinda understand where GM is coming from though. They're trying to manage inventory, incentives, and residual values.
If they reveal the car too soon, 5th gen sales will tank, and they'll be left with a glut of cars that they'll have to put steep incentives on to get rid of, which will kill residual values of the vehicles already purchased.
I bet GM doesn't even know when they'll reveal it. They're probably monitoring 5th gen inventory and build schedules very closely. When the inventory is low enough, then they'll reveal it.

Sucks for guys like me who are on the fence, but I suppose I'll have to pull the trigger on a 5th gen because I can't risk not liking the 6th gen.

I will say this (listen up GM): if I buy a 5th gen, I will NOT be buying a 6th gen. I'm not the kind of person that will trade up after 2 or 3 years to get the newer model. That's a COLOSSAL waste of money. I probably wouldn't trade up at all. This is a one shot deal.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #121
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I was thinking of ordering a '15 1LE this spring but I really wanted to see the 6th gen.
But with the ordering cut-off date set sometime in May, it seems I won't have the chance to see the new car before ordering.

If it isn't revealed before the 5th gen ordering cut-off date, I'll be ordering a 5th gen. Just can't risk not ordering a 5th gen and then not liking the 6th gen.

From what we've seen of the 6th gen so far, I can say I'm not a fan, but I wanted to see an uncamo'ed car.

I kinda understand where GM is coming from though. They're trying to manage inventory, incentives, and residual values.
If they reveal the car too soon, 5th gen sales will tank, and they'll be left with a glut of cars that they'll have to put steep incentives on to get rid of, which will kill residual values of the vehicles already purchased.
I bet GM doesn't even know when they'll reveal it. They're probably monitoring 5th gen inventory and build schedules very closely. When the inventory is low enough, then they'll reveal it.

Sucks for guys like me who are on the fence, but I suppose I'll have to pull the trigger on a 5th gen because I can't risk not liking the 6th gen.

I will say this (listen up GM): if I buy a 5th gen, I will NOT be buying a 6th gen. I'm not the kind of person that will trade up after 2 or 3 years to get the newer model. That's a COLOSSAL waste of money. I probably wouldn't trade up at all. This is a one shot deal.
Good things come to those who wait.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #122
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I don't know if its the lighting or what but does the roof sail panel look like it tapers inward similar to the Stingray more than the 5th gen?
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #123
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't know if its the lighting or what but does the roof sail panel look like it tapers inward similar to the Stingray more that the 5th gen?
Looks that way too. Bet it will still have a trunk but I wouldn't mind a hatch like the Vette.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #124
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Good things come to those who wait.
Couldn't agree more. Waiting works. Even if the 6th Gen is a disappointment, there will always be the used car lot.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #125
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'll reserver judgement until I see it up close and personal in NY in April, but until then Chevy isn't doing themselves any favors with these teasers, and So far I really dislike what little I've seen.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #126
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post

You should be fine, the official reveal is in April during the NY International Auto Show at the Javits, you'll see it there and still have plenty of time to order your 1LE in case you don't like what you see.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote