Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #71
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Love to get a set of those rims powdercoated black...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #72
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Saw a 2SS in person and the seats are the same design as in all previous models. I wish that the seats were the same design as in the photo.
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:39 AM   #73
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Searched all over and can not find one! Where can I get one?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #74
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Exactly what I thought seems like a mediocre upgrade at best, one that will probably raise the cost of the car quite a bit. You really do have to wonder if they are listening?
...actually we are - the problem is that we may not be listening to YOU in particular! Now - I say that tongue in cheek because we continually talk with our owners in any number of ways -- from the Disciples to Product Clinics to attending Camaro shows nearly every weekend in the spring/summer/fall -- believe me - we listen more than any brand out there.......and I can say this because no one else does what we do........

Seriously - I've talked about color until I'm ready to drop over.....

....if we offered 50 colors, they'd be the wrong 50.........because Color is so very subjective.

The Magenta color is very controversial -- lots of fists banged desks and conference room tables....and not everyone on the team agreed that this was the best color to offer --.......but I would also tell you that Synergy Green was hugely divisive until people saw the car.

Magenta is a short run - it will be gone for 2015 -- but we've had people ask for it because Challenger offered purple and magenta.......

It's not easy to develop colors when you share the paint system that paints Impala, XTS, Regal, Equinox and the New Impala.......the colors that would be GREAT Camaro colors wouldn't go over very well on, say, an XTS. There are only so many paint slots --

We have brought out Spring Editions in the past -- and special colors for limited runs - there's no reason to believe we won't continue to do so..........

And for what it's worth: We'll have a Spring Edition Convertible and a Magenta Camaro at Camaro5Fest for you to see in person........
Old 04-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #75
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
...actually we are - the problem is that we may not be listening to YOU in particular!

Seriously - I've talked about color until I'm ready to drop over.........if we offered 50 colors, they'd be the wrong 50.

The Magenta color is very controversial -- lots of fists banging desks.......but I would also tell you that Synergy Green was hugely divisive until people saw the car. Magenta is a short run - it will be gone for 2015 --

It's not easy to develop colors when you share the paint system that paints Impala, XTS, Regal, Equinox and the New Impala.......the colors that would be GREAT Camaro colors wouldn't go over very well on, say, an XTS.

We have brought out Spring Editions in the past -- and special colors for limited runs - there's no reason to believe we won't continue to do so..........
Is this the Original Fbodfather (Scott Settlemire)?

If so, how have you been? What is your current status with GM?

Met you in California in ~2000.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #76
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Is this the Original Fbodfather (Scott Settlemire)?

If so, how have you been? What is your current status with GM?

Met you in California in ~2000.
Guilty as charged!

Am still with GM however unfortunately I'm currently on Medical Leave - hoping to be back in the swing of things shortly.......we have a next gen to bring to you!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #77
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Hope you get back to 100% real soon Scott....miss not seeing you around here as much lately.

Appreciate your hard work on the Camaro, I hope to see you at the F-Body Gathering at the end of May.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #78
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
...actually we are - the problem is that we may not be listening to YOU in particular! Now - I say that tongue in cheek because we continually talk with our owners in any number of ways -- from the Disciples to Product Clinics to attending Camaro shows nearly every weekend in the spring/summer/fall -- believe me - we listen more than any brand out there.......and I can say this because no one else does what we do........

Seriously - I've talked about color until I'm ready to drop over.....

....if we offered 50 colors, they'd be the wrong 50.........because Color is so very subjective.

The Magenta color is very controversial -- lots of fists banged desks and conference room tables....and not everyone on the team agreed that this was the best color to offer --.......but I would also tell you that Synergy Green was hugely divisive until people saw the car.

Magenta is a short run - it will be gone for 2015 -- but we've had people ask for it because Challenger offered purple and magenta.......

It's not easy to develop colors when you share the paint system that paints Impala, XTS, Regal, Equinox and the New Impala.......the colors that would be GREAT Camaro colors wouldn't go over very well on, say, an XTS. There are only so many paint slots --

And for what it's worth: We'll have a Spring Edition Convertible and a Magenta Camaro at Camaro5Fest for you to see in person........
Well said! I love the images of this car so far and look forward to seeing it this week at Camaro5 Fest.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #79
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
I ordered a 2014 Special Spring Edition 2SSRS LS3 coupe. It just arrived at the OKC rail yard today!!! I ordered it "sight unseen", but I knew I couldn't go wrong!
Hope my dealer gets it Tuesday and I can pick her up on Wednesday!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #80
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
I ordered a 2014 Special Spring Edition 2SSRS LS3 coupe. It just arrived at the OKC rail yard today!!! I ordered it "sight unseen", but I knew I couldn't go wrong!
Hope my dealer gets it Tuesday and I can pick her up on Wednesday!
Don't forget to post photos!!!
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:47 AM   #81
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
LOL, she's DYING to post some pics. Lookin' forward to it!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #82
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Guilty as charged!

Am still with GM however unfortunately I'm currently on Medical Leave - hoping to be back in the swing of things shortly.......we have a next gen to bring to you!
Hope it's nothing too serious, and hope you get well soon. You put a human face on GM and added a special enthusiasm.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #83
jwanner2000

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS
Here is a picture of the real thing.
People stop and tell me how beautiful this color is and I totally agree.

jwanner2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #84
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
more pics please! congrats, i have yet to see it in person, but I am sure its gorgeous. nice rare color. some folks are afraid of new colors.