The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Worm

Drives: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Arrow Deals at Dealerships?

I haven't seen a post on the forums yet about where to get deals. I just usually see posts saying some people on the forums give great deals for the C7 Stingray. I plan to get one probably sometime early next year and am saving up every penny for a down payment. It's my first Vette and I'm only 22 years old.

So I was wondering where did you guys order your vette and/or plan on getting your future vette at? I don't want to really pay over MSRP and a deal for even under MSRP at this point may sound ridiculous this early on in the game but I'd be happy to see one. I live in Alabama but am willing to drive/fly distance for a great deal on a new Stingray.

Thanks!
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Reliable Chevrolet in Missouri was at one point offering $1,000 under MSRP for a while but they may have well sold their allocation.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I was told that I should be happy paying MSRP. If you want to pay less, you are likely looking at sometime in the spring or next summer
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
rosenbergm

Drives: 09 Dodge Challenger Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
I haven't seen a post on the forums yet about where to get deals. I just usually see posts saying some people on the forums give great deals for the C7 Stingray. I plan to get one probably sometime early next year and am saving up every penny for a down payment. It's my first Vette and I'm only 22 years old.

So I was wondering where did you guys order your vette and/or plan on getting your future vette at? I don't want to really pay over MSRP and a deal for even under MSRP at this point may sound ridiculous this early on in the game but I'd be happy to see one. I live in Alabama but am willing to drive/fly distance for a great deal on a new Stingray.

Thanks!
I also plan on placing my order around mid to late February I am going to Kerbeck Corvette in atlantic city, NJ he says that he isn't charging over MSRP but probably will be sticker. I think for a car like this if it's anything like my Dodge Challenger which they where asking like 10,000 over sticker to get it at sticker is a god send like the others said if you want under sticker you have to wait a while until the demand has died down. right now the demand is very high just like my challenger. this car is going to cost me a lot and like you I am also saving every single penny I have. The C7 will also be my first corvette a great car to start a collection with in my opinion I am going Z51 3LT Automatic fully loaded black rims and red calipers but no suede inserts but exterior color I am having a problem with I am torn between Laguna Blue, Black, Torch Red, Cyber Grey. what does everyone else think between those colors
rosenbergm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Worm

Drives: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenbergm View Post
I also plan on placing my order around mid to late February I am going to Kerbeck Corvette in atlantic city, NJ he says that he isn't charging over MSRP but probably will be sticker. I think for a car like this if it's anything like my Dodge Challenger which they where asking like 10,000 over sticker to get it at sticker is a god send like the others said if you want under sticker you have to wait a while until the demand has died down. right now the demand is very high just like my challenger. this car is going to cost me a lot and like you I am also saving every single penny I have. The C7 will also be my first corvette a great car to start a collection with in my opinion I am going Z51 3LT Automatic fully loaded black rims and red calipers but no suede inserts but exterior color I am having a problem with I am torn between Laguna Blue, Black, Torch Red, Cyber Grey. what does everyone else think between those colors
Nice that sounds like an expensive combo! I wish I had that kind of money but I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck. I personally would get Black from your color choices.

I'm going for the best bang:
Z51 Package
Black Wheels
NPP Exhaust
Red Calipers (Maybe)
on White paint + Red Interior.

I'm hoping this will come out to be somewhere below $60k.

But back to the subject.
I could settle for MSRP but I was wondering if someone can lead me the right direction. The closer the better! Thank you!
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
MSRP should be pretty standard. If you're planning on one around spring you can talk to dealerships in advance to see what their allocation is for next year put a down payment down get the ball rolling. Luckily here in Canada, I believe it's illegal to charge over MSRP.
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
Jay_Levine

I agree. I would put something down to get into the allocation system. My dealer said if I change my mind I get my money back, but I put a deposit down in April so I could get on the list. I am #3 for convertibles with the dealer. I hope that is the 1st or 2nd allocation.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
Way2Fun

Drives: Cadillac CTS-V
[QUOTE=rosenbergm;6925979I am going Z51 3LT Automatic fully loaded black rims and red calipers but no suede inserts but exterior color I am having a problem with I am torn between Laguna Blue, Black, Torch Red, Cyber Grey. what does everyone else think between those colors[/QUOTE]

Why an automatic? Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the AT and specifically the paddleshifters? If it's the same as my 09 cts-v, I will pass.
Way2Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
rosenbergm

Drives: 09 Dodge Challenger Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Fun View Post
Why an automatic? Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the AT and specifically the paddleshifters? If it's the same as my 09 cts-v, I will pass.
why an automatic I will tell you. One because I can't drive a manual and a 75k car is not the car I want to start learning in and I don't want to buy a car that I can't drive. two I live in Brooklyn and their is too many traffic lights to be upshifting or downshifting. Their is always people on both sides of this issue why automatic or why manual for me nothing beats a classic and stick is what it was back during the muscle car days but for me to spend 75k on a car that I have to learn how to shift that's looking for trouble it comes in an automatic I will get it in a automatic. I think that the technology has vastly improved since your cts-v of course I can't be certain but time will tell once the cars start getting delivered people will start giving us their reviews.
Believe me I know what you are saying but I don't see spending 75k on a car that I first have to learn how to shift it that's looking for trouble and problems.
rosenbergm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
Jay_Levine

I know how to drive a stick.. and I am getting an automatic. I think shifting would be fun.. for about a week. Then every traffic light would be a pain. If I get on the turnpike, ok.. so I shift up through 7 gears.. then cruise.. same difference.