Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #267
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Great than it settled, GM is going to offer a 2015 SS 1LE with an increase of 80hp (about 510hp or so) for $50K and a factory warranty. I'm happy now, thank you!!.
Look, you know what I'm saying. The 1LE is a super value. You can add a cam, headers and CAI and get that 80 hp much more economically. If the current 1LE with Ricaro option would have been around when I ordered my ZL1, I would have had a very difficult decision.

Back to the point here... This Z/28 is as much about prestige and status as it is about performance. It will never make sense to people adding up the cost of the parts and comparing to other models.

I'd say the price is in the right range, maybe the high end of it though. GM will sell every single one they make to a very happy to pay the price customer.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #268
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Why is it difficult to understand a $75,000 Camaro??? Because it's wayyyyyy outside the box. This Z/28 is far above and beyond expectations in design, content and performance. With that comes a price...$75,000.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #269
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
You would have more credibility if you were to pick specific points and from my post and refute them with facts. How many track days did you do this year in your Mustang? Which road courses? Have you ever done a track day?

Tired of the BS, time to start calling people out.
ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

Much of the pot-stirring going on in here is from thinly disguised Dearborn-inclined folks who currently have ZERO to compare with this car, and are likely 15 months away from having an "announced" possibility.

What is the price of a BOSS 302-S? $89,995 PLUS OPTIONS. NO warranty, NO serial number. Can't take to Cars 'n Coffee without the trailer.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11687

"$75,000 for THIS Camaro?! Are you freakin' NUTZ?"

Move along, folks. Nothing to see, here.

As for those, like me, disappointed that $75,000 isn't burning a hole in our Levis, let's see what Gen-6, and more volume, allows us to consider. Or, better yet, get a 1LE and use the "saved" $30+ to make it your way, as Burger King advertised.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #270
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
Lol yup, my thoughts exactly...they get to show off what they "can" do, but can't afford to sell it to the masses..they know that the Z/28 is the most recognizable Camaro of all time but the price and the people saying its "worth it" are insane. It's not the content or the decontent that makes the price is what people will pay for it. I'm not mad a GM for showing off their abilities, I am mad that the GOV'T has made it to where American muscle is priced as European exotics.
That word was in several of my posts made over a year ago in the Z/28 chat box.
Now it has changed to the chosen few.
Hope everyone gets what they want out of this car.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #271
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
So Jan 18 is around the corner and most are saying suggested retail of $75K is just too much. Any bets on what VIN 0001, will auction for?
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #272
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
2014 Camaro Z/28 pricing announced at $75,000

$75,000.00 huh? At first I thought you wanted sell them. LOL

REALLY!
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #273
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
Just stopped by to say hello to my friend Scott Settlemire. Hello Scott!

We've been discussing this morning's announcement on another site and wanted to share a few thoughts with you guys.

No one has been a bigger cheerleader for a REAL Z/28 than I have. When did I start bugging you Scott, 1996? Probably bugging other people before that, but that's when I started bugging you.

Ironically, at this particular moment in my life, with two kids in college and one on the way, this Z/28 - which I HONESTLY feel has been made for ME - may be slightly out of my reach at this exact moment in time. In a weird way, I almost feel as much satisfaction that GM actually made this damned car, as I would owning one. I know, weird.

Cost. To be honest, I was expecting it to be around 10K less. I guess it really doesn't matter what it MSRPs at, with it's limited volume, very few folks will be getting much change back from their $100,000 bill. And really, when you consider the level of exotic components, their cost to develop, certify and produce,*AT SUCH LOW VOLUME*, 75 big ones isn't so out of line.

Okay, not many of us will own one of these Z/28s. Maybe 1500 over two years. What about a 6th gen Z/28? Will GM make one to match this one's performance? Will it be more attainable for more of us?

Could be, for a number of reasons.

Take care.
Hey, Chuck! Good to see you.

Longer build for Gen-6, in a lighter package with LT power? Lower price point SHOULD result...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #274
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
:yikes ::brokenheart :
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #275
OldScoolCamaro

...seriously, 75K, are you kidding me?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #276
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I am just shocked at all the Debbie downers on here after this announcement. I mean what did you expect since ever since the Z/28 was announced they have said it was going to be the most expensive street legal Camaro ever?

Surely you didn't really expect it to be the same or less as a ZL1.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #277
OldScoolCamaro

....it's a one off, priced as such, it won't be prolific in production numbers at that price...it's only meant to reach a few....so be it.....the Z06 is scheduled to die because of the bigger sales picture,...did you know that? The topic of discussion runs deeper than debby downer.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #278
EnlighteningYou

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
<i>ding-ding-ding! We have a winner! Much of the pot-stirring going on in here is from thinly disguised Dearborn-inclined folks who currently have ZERO to compare with this car, and are likely 15 months away from having an announced possibility.

What is the price of a BOSS 302-S? $89,995 PLUS OPTIONS. NO warranty, NO serial number. Can't take to Cars 'n Coffee without the trailer.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11687

$75,000 for THIS Camaro?! Are you freakin' NUTZ?

Move along, folks. Nothing to see, here.

As for those, like me, disappointed that $75,000 isn't burning a hole in our Levis, let's see what Gen-6, and more volume, allows us to consider. Or, better yet, get a 1LE and use the $30+ to make it your way, as Burger King advertised.
Bit of a difference here.. The 302-S is a classed race car ready for a number of SCCA and NASA race classes. It's not a street legal vehicle at all, it's actually a race car. What classes are the street legal Z/28's spec'd to compete in again?

Is the Z/28 equipped with these items?

AIM data acquisition system with GPS
Recaro HANS Pro Racer seat
Fire system with 2 nozzles
Quick release racing steering wheel
Window net
AMB Transponder
Safety system triangle nets
6 point racing harness
Master cut off switch
EnlighteningYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #279
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....it's a one off, priced as such, it won't be prolific in production numbers at that price...it's only meant to reach a few....so be it.....the Z06 is scheduled to die because of the bigger sales picture,...did you know that? The topic of discussion runs deeper than debby downer.
I know it but obviously a lot of posters on here think it should have been a mainstream model available to everyone which from day one was never part of the plan. High price and low volume that has always been known.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #280
Hiway

Drives: 2012 SS Transformer Edition
Just supercharge your current car and order the Z28 badge from the dealer. 95% of the population wont know better anyway.

Hiway is offline   Reply With Quote