The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
imported_camaro2lt

when do you think offical ordering will open?

When do you guys thing will be the first day to order a c7 vette? I think it will be april 1st any thoughts?
imported_camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Summer probably.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
I think official ordering for the 2010 Camaro was like in December of 08, production started in March of 09... (could be off a month or two). So if third quarter is when production is supposed to start, I would guess sometime in 2nd quarter, (April - June)
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
GM did issue this statement before:

"GM plans to idle (2014) Corvette production in Kentucky for six months to prepare for the next generation of the iconic sports car.

The automaker laid out its schedule... for revamping its assembly plant in Bowling Green for the all-new 2014 model. Production will halt sometime in February to make way for retooling, renovating the body shop and retraining employees, GM spokesman Monte Doran said in a telephone interview. Production on the next model will begin in the third quarter of 2013, he said. With this car, because it's such a dramatic change, we felt like the best thing to do was to halt production so we could completely overhaul the interior of (the) Bowling Green (plant) to get ready for the new car..."
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHutch View Post
I think official ordering for the 2010 Camaro was like in December of 08, production started in March of 09... (could be off a month or two). So if third quarter is when production is supposed to start, I would guess sometime in 2nd quarter, (April - June)
Gen5 Camaro: Orders were accepted in October, production start was delayed a month and began in March.

C6 Corvette: Orders were accepted in May and began regular production August 2, as scheduled.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
DucMan

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_camaro2lt View Post
When do you guys thing will be the first day to order a c7 vette? I think it will be april 1st any thoughts?
The plant will begin 'slow' production on the C7 by March 25th for training and go into full production soon after. I have read that anticipated order taking will begin in May. Another thing in regards to deposits put on cars,this practice is not supported by GM. The individual dealers have decided to accept those, I would be careful about that.
Taking into consideration that they were producing in excess 33,000 units plus the Cadillac XLR for years, and with improved technologies, 850 full time employees and a green light to hire an additional 170 if required tells me that they will meet the demand.
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Delayed availability of Competition Seats may affect our/my order...
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
DucMan

Drives: Civic
Harlan Charles announced at the Sebring race that dealers will be receiving customer order packets and pricing will be set at the end of April. Customer orders will be accepted early May with customer specific orders being built in the third quarter for the coupe and the following quarter for the convertible.

CorvetteConti.com reporting that customer orders will begin production in late June.

02/22/2014 Placed Order at Dealer
02/28/2014 1100
02/28/2014 1102

Last edited by DucMan; 04-17-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Added info from CorvetteConti
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote