Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #127
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
How can anyone watch that guy drive and ever take him seriously as an automotive journalist? How can you trust anything he writes about a car? There is no way he has the skills required to competently test a performance car. Maybe he could write a review of a Corolla or a Volt, but a performance car? It is like having someone who can't ride a motorcycle write articles on bikes. After seeing this video, Jalopnik lost any respect I had for anything they say.

Yes, I do feel sorry for him. He seems to honestly regret what happened. But he is supposed to be an automotive journalist, so there is no excuse for his total lack of driving ability. This is the guy we are supposed to trust when reading his opinion of a car? Even if he was distracted by the GoPro, you can see that he has no idea how to recover once the car starts pushing. And no, I am not perfect either... but I am also not influencing the public's opinion on products that I don't know how to use. In that regard, I don't blame GM for giving him the boot. He's a clown.

Last edited by Red2014SS; 05-19-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Red2014SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #128
Sigelitest

Drives: White 2016 Z06
You know the guys that were saying don't invite that guy are totally saying we told u so!!!!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #129
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
The facts are, he is an automotive journalist. In that profession, he is expected to have competent driving skills. His job is to push a vehicle to it's limits and then report back to the public. After watching that video, and that display of skill, how can you trust anything he writes about a performance car? Do you really want him to influence your decision on purchasing an automobile? I know I don't. If this is the kind of guy Jalopnik uses to test cars, then I have no faith in anything they publish.

Yes, he seems like a nice guy. I do sort of feel sorry for him and he seems remorseful. But, I don't blame GM for kicking him out. He had no business being there in the first place.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #130
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
Yeah, they really hate the Camaro, don't they....

Yea, my disdain for the writers and most of the readers of Jalopnik goes back a lot further than this article.

Again, Jalopnik is frequented by neck bearded "car guys" who don't appreciate any car that isn't a hatchback with a manual transmission from Europe or Japan. Their "Morning Shift" almost always includes at least one piece bashing something related to an American car brand, even if there isn't any real news in the piece.

The only reason I visit the site is for the occasional interesting car video that gets posted.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #131
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
To soon for this?.......this is the first "meme" I have ever made, so go easy on me

Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #132
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
This is the guy who went to jail for reckless driving in a ZL1. What was GM thinking?
Looks like he didn't learn a thing
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #133
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
So many people on here that have never made mistakes. And there I was thinking that no one was perfect. Some Camaro5 members have proved me wrong.
/s
Gee, and here I am laughing when someone on a car show cracks-up a car. It happens folks.

Not a big deal.

How about the guy that took his Veyron out as a pace car and slid into the guard rail because of all the gumballs (rubber balls) his tires picked up before he tried to make that turn. It happens.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #134
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
He said: the interior is much nicer inside

My thoughts: Depends what you like. I like the 6gen interior but the 5gen makes me feel like I'm in a classic camaro and I like that too.

He said: the 5gen is "rolly polly"

My thoughts: Well that's a first. I always hear how well these cars handle and feel planted.

He said: the 5gen feels real tall

My thoughts: Hhmmm...if I don't scoot down in my seat my head will hit the headliner. Not sure what he means by this.

He said: the 5gen feels real heavy

My thoughts: After hearing everything else he has said I question if he knows what that means.

"Oh, he crashed"

Does this guy even know what he is talking about, what is he doing?????

He said: I crashed into a wall damaging the left front quarter panel.

LOL...left front quarter panel....smh....that says it all.
Interior is definitely nicer. My interior feels nothing like a classic, it's somewhere in between. Guess it's a matter of opinion but I think the majority would agree with this

And the Camaro doesn't handle so well, which is why the 1LE was created. A non 1LE/ZL1/Z28 is not a track car and lots of people have complained about this. Better than other cars, sure, but a track car... not really.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #135
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Interior is definitely nicer. My interior feels nothing like a classic, it's somewhere in between. Guess it's a matter of opinion but I think the majority would agree with this

And the Camaro doesn't handle so well, which is why the 1LE was created. A non 1LE/ZL1/Z28 is not a track car and lots of people have complained about this. Better than other cars, sure, but a track car... not really.
I never said all camaros handle like track cars but I guess if yours is "Rolly Polly" then I guess I stand corrected. I have just always heard that they all handle good and yes some better than others.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #136
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Takes some heat of the 1st guy Guy who wrecked a Hellcat less than AN HOUR after he drove it off the lot
Old 05-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #137
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
To soon for this?.......this is the first "meme" I have ever made, so go easy on me

Awesome , I seen that also look at his hands no wonder he wrecked .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #138
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
If I may - a Mule is the engine, drivetrain etc, in a different car's body, so say all the 6th Gen guts with a Gen5 body.

A prototype is...well..what you see in the swirly camo, the actual car (95- 100%) of what production will be.

I hope that is fairly accurate.
Someone has been paying attention in class. Gold star for you DenverTaco7
Old 05-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #139
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Serves Jalopnik right. Jalopnik has a history of bad mouthing Camaros ever since the 2010s came out. I hope Chevy sends them the bill.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Serves Jalopnik right. Jalopnik has a history of bad mouthing Camaros ever since the 2010s came out. I hope Chevy sends them the bill.
Maybe he needs to go on a ride with Jeff Gordon....