The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
Pete r welch

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Do you use rev matching?

I am used to blipping the throttle with downshifts, in particular on bikes. I thought I would stick up my nose at auto rev matching but now that I've tried it, I am impressed with it. Makes sense to be as precise as possible. Manual is always somewhat imprecise. Do others find themselves using this system?
Pete r welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
When I ordered my C7, I prioritized each option with the realization that I might switch and buy a car from the dealership lot. My number one option priority was a manual gearbox. I ride motorcycles and have always owned sports cars in manual tranny.

I do not have a highbrow attitude toward rev matching. I absolutely love it. It communicates to me what is going on with the car with respect to selected gear, speed and RPMs. A couple times I have gone from 4th gear with the intention of moving to 5th and in doing so, touched 3rd gear. The rev match feature gave me rapid feedback that I was about to downshift, and a simple adjustment put it in the gear I wanted.

Add that to the symphony of downshifting that can be achieved with heel/toe technique, but the redundant security of rev matching is something I love about my car.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I turn it on every time I start the car.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete r welch View Post
I am used to blipping the throttle with downshifts, in particular on bikes. I thought I would stick up my nose at auto rev matching but now that I've tried it, I am impressed with it. Makes sense to be as precise as possible. Manual is always somewhat imprecise. Do others find themselves using this system?
I'm also impressed with the active ability of the C7's rev match feature... foremost for me, I had to have a manual tranny for a bonafide sports car with musclecar power (yes, I'm a believer that sports cars should have m/t) therefore this ARM feature is icing on the cake. I use ARM during highway or spirited driving, and I toggle it off when parking and during slow urban speeds or leisure driving. Having ARM on the paddles is perfect so you can swiftly turn it on or off.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Use it, love it and think it is a wonderful feature on the C7. I'm pretty good at doing it myself but it's a ton of fun letting the car do it too!
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Always.....
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
....it's absolutely..

...... beautifull music...
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
panerainovice

Drives: Silverado
I also turn it on all the time. Great little feature to save so much work and anxiety to figure out the right RPMs during a downshift. One thing I notice is that sometimes when down shifting from 3rd to 2nd when you're not going really fast it won't blip. Anyone notice this also?
panerainovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
Pete r welch

Drives: 2014 Stingray
It doesn't function below 20 mph.
Pete r welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #10
vettefan

Drives: C7 2LT Cyber Grey
Amazing technology

Picked up my C7 last October and have enjoyed every aspect of this car. At first I thought I would not like the ARM feature and that it would take away from the manual sports car experience. After a lot of trials with and without it on, I now just have it on all the time. It doesn't take away from the experience it just makes it a whole lot better. Great job by Chevy engineers!
vettefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #11
kalimus

I just wish there was a way to default it to on instead of off.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #12
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
If they default to on then half the people would ask for it to default to off.
Either way it takes 1/2 second. If this is the biggest gripe you are going to have with the car, I think you will be a happy owner.
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #13
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan
I use it when I remember to flip it on :/

8/20/2013 - 1100
1/16/2014 - 2000
1/20/2014 - 3000
1/24/2014 - 3300
2/10/2014 - 3400
2/14/2014 - 3800
2/26/2014 - Delivered!!!
Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #14
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
If they default to on then half the people would ask for it to default to off.
Either way it takes 1/2 second. If this is the biggest gripe you are going to have with the car, I think you will be a happy owner.
What I meant was more like a setting in the menu. It would be nice to have an option for the user to tell their own car how to act at startup, and I would think that's an easy thing to do. It's definitely not my biggest gripe with the car, but small things with the easiest fixes are also the easiest things to gripe about