Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #43
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
3 Seconds per lap is quite a bit, even if the Z/28 were driven slowly. I really like all three cars, I would say if not a Camaro Z/28 my second pick would be the Hell Cat. That's not bashing the Mustang GT, its just the Hell Cat would be super fun at a red light, Or around my block.... or... bah.. so many cars so little money. I am thinking 2017 will be interesting...
Old 12-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #44
Shifty
One Shot, One Kill

Drives: 14 1LE
I had a run in with a '15 GT 6sp last week. I will say that the 1LE and the GT are very even in a straight line shoot out, driver error/shifting will determine the winner. That being said they can not call this a comparison, more of an infomercial.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #45
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
if I had a Z28 I would put all of the factory sound insulation back in and then do a mild cam and headers to add about 40-50hp to more than make up the weight penalty.

the car has so much grip and so much braking that the driver was clearly not up to the car. I noticed in at least 2 turns he entered faster in the mustang and was not getting on the power early enough.
So many folks have talked about how long it took them to "recalibrate" their braking points and corner speed to the Z/28. As to sound insulation, the car's great for the track -- but I wear in-ear Bose noise canceling headphones when driving above 50 mph to help kill all the cabin noise...
Old 12-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #46
Mário Matos

Drives: Camaro ss
Comparison mascle car

Hello chevy friends, I am in Brazil and the comparison was not fair and I think the pilots did not, each car with its correct opnente hellcat vs zl1 vs shelby gt ff vs vs t / re z28 vs boss or GT350 and there would be srt8 one correct comparison and at least four drivers per car turns cars. Here in Brazil I have a 2010 ss is what chevrolet offers
Mário Matos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #47
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I was sitting at a red light the other day and a ford came up behind me. WOULD HAVE SWORN it was the new 2015 GT.

NOPE, it was a Ford FUSION!!!

Has anyone else noticed that these two cars have EXTREMELY similar front ends. Looks the same. If I was a Mustang fan, I think I would be very disappointed with the new look of the stang.

That said, I am not a huge fan of how refined the new versions of the G5 Camaro are heading either. One reason I like the original G5 is because its got some good lines but they are a bit harsh and blunt, in your face type of look.

Do not like the refined, sedan look that everything is heading. Glad I have the 2010 and will keep it. May have to add a G7 vette though, those things are pretty sweet looking!!

Just my thoughts, add a second set of doors and the new 2015 Stang is not much more then a big engine FUSION!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #48
tonicmole

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
I'm really interested in a proper test of the Camaro ZL1/Shelby GT 350/Hellcat. Like to see some track times, and quarter mile runs. Quarter mile probably is a no brainer. Challenger followed by Shelby, and ZL1 in the back. On the track I think things get a little more interesting. I'd assume Challenger last, however I have no idea about the ZL1 vs the new Shelby. ZL1 has consistently destroyed the GT 500 in the past due to the Shelby's old fashioned suspension and poor braking. The heat is on now!
tonicmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #49
soulsea

Drives: Fast
Forgive the basic question, but if someone could answer it in layman's terms I'd really appreciate it.

Would it be easier/cheaper to buy a Hellcat and modify the wheels, suspension, brakes, etc, to make it handle and brake as close to the Z/28 as possible or would it be easier/cheaper to modify the power plant of the Z/28 to get close to the 700HP of the Hellcat whilst retaining as much of its handling as possible?

I guess what I'm really asking, if one had to choose between the two as a starting point, after heavy moding which could ultimately be the best expression and balance of power and handling in a track car?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Last edited by soulsea; 12-13-2014 at 02:04 PM.
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #50
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
I don't think you can mod a Hellcat suspension to handle like Z/28 with Multimatic, without going to Multimatic, and I wouldn't want to mess with that challenge. So that only leaves the upgrade Z/28 engine option.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:57 AM   #51
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesZL1 View Post
I don't understand this match up... A Z-28 that is a known track car, that is what it was designed for, I mean if you want AC and a Stereo, you have to actually order that. They match it up with the Hellcat and a 5.0? The Hellcat should be matched with the ZL1 or the Vette Z06. The 5.0's competition is the Camaro SS...Such a weird match up, there isn't a winner here, there can't be they are all in different classes.
Agree 100%
Old 12-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #52
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Forgive the basic question, but if someone could answer it in layman's terms I'd really appreciate it.

Would it be easier/cheaper to buy a Hellcat and modify the wheels, suspension, brakes, etc, to make it handle and brake as close to the Z/28 as possible or would it be easier/cheaper to modify the power plant of the Z/28 to get close to the 700HP of the Hellcat whilst retaining as much of its handling as possible?

I guess what I'm really asking, if one had to choose between the two as a starting point, after heavy moding which could ultimately be the best expression and balance of power and handling in a track car?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
A perfect chassis is always the most difficult to achieve. It takes a lot of experimentation. Adding HP is the simpler road to travel.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #53
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
It is hard to find current head to head comparisons with the 3 cars so I don't care that it is a bit of an odd match up, and for the Challenger to be 1 sec and 4 seconds behind the Mustang and Z28 I think that was not bad.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #54
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
It is hard to find current head to head comparisons with the 3 cars so I don't care that it is a bit of an odd match up, and for the Challenger to be 1 sec and 4 seconds behind the Mustang and Z28 I think that was not bad.
I bet the Challenger would shortly wear the driver out. It will be a point and shoot drive not a smooth momentum drive.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:56 AM   #55
Mário Matos

Drives: Camaro ss
SUPERCHARGER

GOOD DAY MATES G5, WHAT I LIKE TO SEE MORE The CHEVROLET LAYING ZL1 FOR 2015 IN AROUND 660 700 HPs and SEE WHAT HAPPEN IN A LINE DRAG HOW WOULD STAY The ZL1 COMPARED TO SHELBY AND IN 1/4 OF HELLCAT mILE, THIS IS MY DREAM, FOR FORD AND DODGE updated the pontencia ITS superchargers.
Mário Matos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #56
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/he...it-is-totaled/

This Hellcat buyer should have gotten a Ford.

1-hr later could not make it through a slight turn, head on into trees, like the road should be going straight.

Note only punch it on an arrow straight road, unless you are a drift master.
sho928 is offline   Reply With Quote