Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #29
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
On second thought, before I get the promoter involved, is there going to be a limit to participants? I recommend 60 maximum total and 40 maximum that are beginners or novice. That will give us 3 run groups, 20 minutes each. One of those groups can be for intermediate/advanced drivers to run without novice.
I've driven NCM a bunch and I am not that interested in following novices all day.
Please share your thoughts before I call him; either post or send PM.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
I know the promoter in charge for Holley, I'll let him know.
He already knows. I cleared it with him before we zero'd in on Thursday. He's not going to promote it, but ensured us that we could have the track as they had originally reserved it for Thursday as well.

He's also setting us up with Camaro Corral parking at Beech Bend on the grass behind where the Holley trailer will be.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #31
GMteSSted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
He already knows. I cleared it with him before we zero'd in on Thursday. He's not going to promote it, but ensured us that we could have the track as they had originally reserved it for Thursday as well.

He's also setting us up with Camaro Corral parking at Beech Bend on the grass behind where the Holley trailer will be.
Thanks for the info.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #32
Ebohan74
Mash the gas and go fast.

Drives: 2011 C18 Callaway Camaro SC572
I fall into the novice category but I am definitely in.
Ebohan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #33
NVR2L8

Drives: 09 Z06
Quote:
On second thought, before I get the promoter involved, is there going to be a limit to participants? I recommend 60 maximum total and 40 maximum that are beginners or novice. That will give us 3 run groups, 20 minutes each. One of those groups can be for intermediate/advanced drivers to run without novice.
I've driven NCM a bunch and I am not that interested in following novices all day.
Please share your thoughts before I call him; either post or send PM.
I agree with a limit of 60. I also recommend a "dynamic run group" system, which assigns run groups (novice/intermediate/advanced) after registration is completed. Since this is a new event, there could be two novice groups, etc. The issue then becomes the availability of in car instructors. The NCM maintains a data base of instructors to call on, but this can not be done at the last minute. Matt Busby is the Operations Manager at the track, and I am sure that he can help with logistics. In fact, it may be a good idea to let the track run the first event so that all the details are worked out.
NVR2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #34
GMteSSted

Are we ready to open this up to other vehicles? Looks like we aren't going to have enough Camaros. I've got some Corvette, BMW and Porsche friends who might be interested?
Old 06-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #35
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Are we ready to open this up to other vehicles? Looks like we aren't going to have enough Camaros. I've got some Corvette, BMW and Porsche friends who might be interested?

Trucks frowned upon?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #36
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i saw a lightening there the other day. the optima series has several trucks so im betting its fine as long as its a safe vehicle.
my .02 on the other cars is whatever it takes to get enough to rent the whole track. we could say no more than 50 maybe. if we had 50 guys, the rental per person would be lower. if a track day org decides to rent the track and sell slots, it will probably be around 250 for a full blown HPDE. if we had 50 paying people that would cover everything at around 200 a piece. we will have to be creative with the classing. i dont know if i could get 25 instructors if we had that many novices. we should probably limit the novice group to 20. we could do lead follow the first session with everyone like we did all day last year. then whoever is comfortable could respectfully solo with each other in an intermediate class. then if we have any shoes like JDP or JPSS they would be fine in the instructor group. people who still wanted some help could get one of us to ride with them. if we have more novices than instructors, we could split a session the second session between two students a piece. the main thing is that everyone has fun and gets some windshield time.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #37
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Drives: 2014 2SS1LE Summit White Camaro
I would be in for the novice class! Let's save a few spots or open it up first to Cameo's then the rest so we can get our 50

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
SummitWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:29 PM   #38
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I'll sponsor 2 spots @ $250 each. I'm unable to drive it (not cleared yet to drive, maybe novice if it's not too bad, but could ride for sure), but would love to see it happen.

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #39
GMteSSted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I'll sponsor 2 spots @ $250 each. I'm unable to drive it (not cleared yet to drive, maybe novice if it's not too bad, but could ride for sure), but would love to see it happen.

-Don
So we need $10k for the whole track?
I'll follow hammdo and do $500....
Old 06-25-2016, 09:44 AM   #40
JOHNSONROD

ill find out the exact number to rent the track. its cool that you guys are in. i was the only person who actually paid and instructed last year lol.
the track is looking for the full rental price. whether its a person or group. we dont officially have the track until they are paid. if i had the cash, i would rent the track and sell slots. i honestly think i could make a grand for my risk. i just dont have it. i took the summer off to volunteer over at the track.
so somehow we need to get the lump sum together soon. then its all gravy from there. we will have an awesome event. ill do everything i can and so will the classroom guy im sure. the important thing is that we get the track paid. once we do that, i can start offering instructors some track time for them taking off work on a weekday.
ill let you guys know the exact number.

don we will get you out there!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #41
JOHNSONROD

this just in . . .

Good Morning Danny,
$8900.00 Weekday track rental Grand Full
$2595.00 Full complement of workers
$1191.00 Insurance
$12,686.00 Total

211.50 if we had 60. not sure how the money could be collected. we dont have that many saying they would be ready to pay now. if we dont get it done soon, it will definitely fall apart.

Last edited by JOHNSONROD; 06-25-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #42
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
What about a session for the V6ers? That would give them a reason to join up...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote