Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #29
g-boac

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe M6
TPW for my Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro is this week (6 Nov) as well!! Our cars are probably in the paint shop together!
g-boac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #30
g-boac

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe M6
*as of this morning my salesman told me the car is at Event Status Code 3400 (Order Broadcast), with an Active Status of "Y", meaning that some form of activity is taking place following the change to 3400.
g-boac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:35 PM   #31
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-boac View Post
*as of this morning my salesman told me the car is at Event Status Code 3400 (Order Broadcast), with an Active Status of "Y", meaning that some form of activity is taking place following the change to 3400.
Awesome. We'll pretty much have twins. This suspense is going to cause me serious medical and mental health issues, If they drag this out much longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:36 AM   #32
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I live in Utah also and drove my SS all last winter. I got these 18" and 245/50 Blizzaks and it suprised me how good it did. Tires make a world of difference. With it getting cold here it's about time to put them back on again haha.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #33
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
I live in Utah also and drove my SS all last winter. I got these 18" and 245/50 Blizzaks and it suprised me how good it did. Tires make a world of difference. With it getting cold here it's about time to put them back on again haha.
Tire rack had a few that look pretty good. I plan on going that same route, so I can just change them at my liesure.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:21 AM   #34
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats sounds like you might get your car by Thanksgiving. Enjoy your Camaro do not let anyone knock you for having a V6 they are a great car and just remember it's a Camaro no matter what trim and engine option you have

BTW perfect color you opted for I Love my HBM vert.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #35
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker75 View Post
I really like the Hyper Blue, and the satin black hood and black spoiler just sets it off even more. I'm getting anxious already, and I haven't even actually ordered it yet. I test drove one local, but didn't want to open it up too much, because I didn't want to be the jerk trashing someone else's future vehicle. I figured the V6 will hit 60 mph in just over half the time that my current Impreza takes, so it should satisfy my lead foot for a while. Between waiting for the actual delivery, waiting until the engine is properly broken in, and then I'll likely be waiting for the snow to clear, before I have a chance to really open it up, I may just loose my mind.

Does anyone know of some inexpensive 18" rims that will clear the 4 piston Brembos? I saw a couple threads about snow tire packages, but the only actual rims that anyone posted about were steel rims. I will need to get some snow tires for the Camaro, and figured it would be much easier, and similarly priced, to get a set of 18" rims with 245/50R18, or possibly 225/55R18 tires, than it would be to get the Pirellis in the stock size, and have to keep having the tires mounted and unmounted.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk
This might not be the cheapest option, but I just went to TireRack and bought some 19" wheels with the Pirelli Sottozero Winter tire set-up. It's the only one I found at the time that were run-flats. Not bad performance for a dedicated winter tire though, so I'm happy. And the nice thing about TireRack is, they mounted, installed the TPMS sensors, bananced, etc., then shipped the new wheels right to my house. No fuss! I also bought the TPMS sync tool from them too.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #36
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
This might not be the cheapest option, but I just went to TireRack and bought some 19" wheels with the Pirelli Sottozero Winter tire set-up. It's the only one I found at the time that were run-flats. Not bad performance for a dedicated winter tire though, so I'm happy. And the nice thing about TireRack is, they mounted, installed the TPMS sensors, bananced, etc., then shipped the new wheels right to my house. No fuss! I also bought the TPMS sync tool from them too.
I'll probably just get non run flat tires, and pick I'm some Fix-a-flat and a pump, since they yanked the pump as part of the 1LE package. I may try to pick up the factory tire inflation kit, if I can find it for less than the $500 my dealer's parts dept. said it would run. I was looking at the TPMS sensor programmer as well. Does it seem to work alright?

Old 11-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #37
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
I'll probably just get non run flat tires, and pick I'm some Fix-a-flat and a pump, since they yanked the pump as part of the 1LE package. I may try to pick up the factory tire inflation kit, if I can find it for less than the $500 my dealer's parts dept. said it would run. I was looking at the TPMS sensor programmer as well. Does it seem to work alright?

My 1SS didn't come with any pump or anything because of the run-flat tires. Try thatgmpartsguy.com. They might have what your looking for for less. The TPMS tool works great. No issues. You just go to the display screen on the dash that shows the tire pressures, then press and hold the set button for a few seconds. Then it goes into TPMS learn mode (or something like that). Then you put the tool next to the valve stem and press the button. The car horn beeps to tell you that TPMS is now sync'ed up. You have to do the wheels in a certain order, that's the only trick to it. I can't remember the order off the top of my head, but you can look it up.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #38
Joker75

Quote:
My 1SS didn't come with any pump or anything because of the run-flat tires. Try thatgmpartsguy.com. They might have what your looking for for less. The TPMS tool works great. No issues. You just go to the display screen on the dash that shows the tire pressures, then press and hold the set button for a few seconds. Then it goes into TPMS learn mode (or something like that). Then you put the tool next to the valve stem and press the button. The car horn beeps to tell you that TPMS is now sync'ed up. You have to do the wheels in a certain order, that's the only trick to it. I can't remember the order off the top of my head, but you can look it up.
Thanks for the info. I wish you could still set them by adjusting the pressure, like my 08 2500hd, so you didn't have to fork over more cash for the programmer.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #39
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I wish you could still set them by adjusting the pressure, like my 08 2500hd, so you didn't have to fork over more cash for the programmer.

From what I understand, you can get the cheaper off the internet than from TireRack, but I just added it into my winter wheel/tire order for simplicity. Look around for a deal, you might find one on the cheap. It's definitely much simpler and quicker than adjusting the air pressure, so at least that is a plus.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #40
Joker75

Quote:
From what I understand, you can get the cheaper off the internet than from TireRack, but I just added it into my winter wheel/tire order for simplicity. Look around for a deal, you might find one on the cheap. It's definitely much simpler and quicker than adjusting the air pressure, so at least that is a plus.
I've seen some really cheap ones, but they have very spotty reviews. That's definitely something that I'm considering.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #41
Joker75

Wahoo, she's alive. She's got her own VIN, and is now at status 4B00, waiting for a train ticket home.

The down side is now I get to play another waiting game, until she makes it to the dealer.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #42
Joker75

Well, she is slowly making progress. Today, my car made it's way from the assembly plant to Toledo, Ohio, where it should be preparing to board the train for the journey west. Hopefully, the train is nearing its load, so things will be a little bit quicker.