Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #43
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
This is pretty cool. Something totally no one would think of doing.
Great to see this type engineering unfold before us.
Something I would not be able to do but am anxious to see it done.
Great work.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #44
Country Boy

Drives: Eh..
It's funny most here haven't heard of the STS turbo kit. Everyone laughed at them too until they made numbers and track times. It does work. This isn't the first time this has been done.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #45
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
It's funny most here haven't heard of the STS turbo kit. Everyone laughed at them too until they made numbers and track times. It does work. This isn't the first time this has been done.
Didn't they go out of business?
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #46
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goertz View Post
Stock engine atm.

Aiming to max out fuel system first then in a few months put together a short block and go for 1000
The way you are rolling through this build you will easily have it running in time for the Texas mile? Ever consider running it in the mile? I'm planning on running again this fall with at least one of my Camaros.... I would love to take a closer look at it in person and see how it does in the mile.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #47
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
I have, I also heard there was reliability issues and they went out of business. Not really a great success story.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #48
Country Boy

Drives: Eh..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I have, I also heard there was reliability issues and they went out of business. Not really a great success story.
Yes they did, but not because it didn't work or had problems. A new owner bought the company and ran it to the ground. Nothing to do with the original owner. It's all explained here:

http://www.ststurbochargers.com/#!sts-turbo/ckwg

The only reliability problem they had was the cheap oil return pump. Some changed them and they ran great. Even then, most were fine.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #49
Goertz

Drives: 2016 1SS Auto
Late start again today.

My helper (dad) decided to go on a Harley ride this morning and we didn't get in to work on it till 2pm.

Exhaust is 100% (just need to make a wg dumptube)
Charge pipes are started
Oil system is started

Tomorrow I have to work on money work (customers cars you know hahah, have a s2k turbo to mount and downpipe to run out the hood. After that a custom expanded oil tank for an additional 1.5 qt of volume)
After that I will get the intercooler fabbed up and all bottom side charge pipes should be done. Also should finish off oiling system.

Tuesday we will be wiring everything up and I hurry and knockout the top side charge pipe.
Attached Images

Goertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #50
Goertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
The way you are rolling through this build you will easily have it running in time for the Texas mile? Ever consider running it in the mile? I'm planning on running again this fall with at least one of my Camaros.... I would love to take a closer look at it in person and see how it does in the mile.
When is the TX Mile?

I have built many cars for it in the past, mostly Supras for Tommy @ Autobanh Motorsports http://www.autobanh.com/

I have a potential for sponsors on wheels and tires but told the guy to wait till I finish my turbo kit. I also have a sponsor for a full wrap on the car

Would be fun to go out there and try and set a fastest stock engine stock fuel system number maybe.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #51
Goertz

When I worked with Hennessey back in 07 we did tons of rear mount kits on the SRT8 Jeep. 800whp Jeeps galore lol
Old 07-11-2016, 04:33 AM   #52
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:

Lol, come on man.... STS was a novel idea that was(or at least FELT, more accessible and easer to swallow than a traditional Turbo setup). Hell, I bought into the idea for awhile. I nearly went that route, myself!!! But, living in Utah in their prime, I got to see what they actually did on the track...not sales propaganda.
They never made numbers at the track. Only on the dyno, sales brochures, and the owners bank account.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #53
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goertz View Post
When is the TX Mile?

I have built many cars for it in the past, mostly Supras for Tommy @ Autobanh Motorsports http://www.autobanh.com/

I have a potential for sponsors on wheels and tires but told the guy to wait till I finish my turbo kit. I also have a sponsor for a full wrap on the car

Would be fun to go out there and try and set a fastest stock engine stock fuel system number maybe.
The next event is in October with the registration in August. You just need to google the Texas mile, go to the official site and set up a profile. When registration day rolls around if you plan to go you need to register ASAP because there are only 200 slots and they usually sell out within 24 hours. It has got better since they started running mile events in Arkansas and Colorado but I always have been waiting for the site to go live since I started running there. In 2013 it sold out in 2 hours.

And nothing against Tommy but there are several cars in the street legal class that have gone faster than 228 mph. This is just the Texas list (does not include Colorado and Arkansas) and doesn't include this springs event.
https://www.texasmile.net/pdf/200MPH...-March2015.pdf

The event is less than 200 miles from Houston and there is always some state of the art engineering there. I would love to see another Camaro there.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #54
Goertz

We'll try and do it. Hopefully we'll have the additional injectors setup and be on e85 making about 800 for a decent number. Will still be on stock engine though i imagine.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:23 PM   #55
Goertz

intercooler is 100%
oiling system is about half done (just need to do plumbing, wiring and fill it up and test it)

should finish everything up tomorrow (charge pipe, wiring and oiling) then just get it tuned out this week hopefully

getting very close now. All the big hard things are done.

have 300ft of exhaust wrap, and a turbo blanket but wont install them till we finish maching out the spool valve so that we can test out all of that as a Anti Lag Package. We're expecting 1500rpm better response between the spool valve, wrap and blanket
Old 07-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #56
Goertz

pics*
Attached Images