The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #43
IgnitusCamaro

Drives: Zl1 coming soon
My advice OP would be to buy the ps4 now and wait for the 2nd or 3rd edition of the XBone. Microsoft is horrendous with hardware when it comes to the XB division (look at the 360 and looking at the company's views and analyst suggestions doesnt look like its going to get better). Simply put though if you are a hardcore gamer go for the PS4. If you are more a casual gamer and use gaming systems more for watching sports and Call of Duty then get the XBONE.
IgnitusCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #44
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnitusCamaro View Post
My advice OP would be to buy the ps4 now and wait for the 2nd or 3rd edition of the XBone. Microsoft is horrendous with hardware when it comes to the XB division (look at the 360 and looking at the company's views and analyst suggestions doesnt look like its going to get better). Simply put though if you are a hardcore gamer go for the PS4. If you are more a casual gamer and use gaming systems more for watching sports and Call of Duty then get the XBONE.
If you look at the Xbox one disassembled you can tell it was so far over-engineered for heat dissipation it's astounding. Neither systems have had wide-spread issues so far, PS4 has had it's issues with just bricking and Xbox with disc drive issues. Both seem to be taking care of it just fine, and Microsoft is even throwing in a free game.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #45
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnitusCamaro View Post
Because a company can't improve, right? Microsoft isn't going to let the same mistakes happen again. You can have hardware failure happen with any electronic device, but I really doubt we'll see issues on the scale of the RROD. If a company spends over $1,000,000 in redesigning their controller, you can bet they spent a considerable amount of money making sure their hardware will only have a miniscule chance of failing.

Also how is it the PS4 is better for the 1337 hXc xXGamersXx, while the XB1 is only good enough for the lowly casuals?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #46
IgnitusCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
If you look at the Xbox one disassembled you can tell it was so far over-engineered for heat dissipation it's astounding. Neither systems have had wide-spread issues so far, PS4 has had it's issues with just bricking and Xbox with disc drive issues. Both seem to be taking care of it just fine, and Microsoft is even throwing in a free game.
Very true. We will wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Because a company can't improve, right? Microsoft isn't going to let the same mistakes happen again. You can have hardware failure happen with any electronic device, but I really doubt we'll see issues on the scale of the RROD. If a company spends over $1,000,000 in redesigning their controller, you can bet they spent a considerable amount of money making sure their hardware will only have a miniscule chance of failing.

Also how is it the PS4 is better for the 1337 hXc xXGamersXx, while the XB1 is only good enough for the lowly casuals?
A company can very much so improve indeed but I think this time around Microsoft is going to shoot themselves in the foot. Also just because a company (or anyone for that matter) spends millions of dollars that doesnt mean they spent it effectively. Im sure Tesla spent millions on designing their steering wheel and some still managed to burst into flames.

As far as the xbone being more for the "lowly casuals" as you put it, Microsoft stated at E3 that they want the xbox to be "the center of the living room meaning more for entertainment than for the core gamers where as the ps4 puts the gamer first (hence why they contacted different indie/AAA companies alike for opinions before making the system). Their words describing their direction is clearly shown in the system and overall model where bringing down the media barriers (combining all media outlets in ONE device *hint the name*) and combining skype with espn and netflix is more a focus point than say the the support of the indie developers community just an example. In any case this is all IN MY HUMBLE OPINION anyway.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #47
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
meh, a large majority of people will want to play online anyway. they will have gold live anyway. it's not like people go out of their wait to buy gold live, just for hulu or netflix. if you don't play online, lots of smart tv's or smart blu-ray players that include internet, and you can go on netflix/hulu that way. not sure why people get their panties in a bunch, because netflix/hulu is behind a "paid wall".
So your argument is that Sony sucks because you have to pay to play games online (except F2P titles), and when countered with all of the stuff you can still do without paying for PS+ your counterargument is that "People are going to pay for live anyway." Mmmm....Kay....

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #48
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...(North_America)

Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #49
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
So you are boasting about 2 free games on PSN for PS4. Woopie. XBL will have a bunch launching in 2014. As an aside, I've never played or downloaded any of the free content offered by either provider. Its all garbage that I can play on my old N64 or Sega systems.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #50
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
So you are boasting about 2 free games on PSN for PS4. Woopie. XBL will have a bunch launching in 2014. As an aside, I've never played or downloaded any of the free content offered by either provider. Its all garbage that I can play on my old N64 or Sega systems.
LOL Having a PS3 and Vita, I'm bragging about 247 free games, many of which are EXCELLENT titles (Sleeping Dogs, GRID 2, Infamous series, Uncharted Series, Borderlands 2, etc, etc, etc)

2 Free games are better than NONE...And there are still F2P games that aren't considered PS Plus benefits (DCUO, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution).

Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #51
IgnitusCamaro

Quote:
LOL Having a PS3 and Vita, I'm bragging about 247 free games, many of which are EXCELLENT titles (Sleeping Dogs, GRID 2, Infamous series, Uncharted Series, Borderlands 2, etc, etc, etc)

2 Free games are better than NONE...And there are still F2P games that aren't considered PS Plus benefits (DCUO, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution).
Very good point. Lets not forget also the company that began giving free games and set this trend of PROVIDING FOR THEIR CUSTOMER value for their dollar spent. I dont mind paying the cash especially since those of us who have had plus from the beginning have a plethera of games in our vitas and ps3's.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #52
irocnroll

Quote:

The thread is regarding PS4 vs XB1. Noone is bringing 360 content into the picture. Lets keep it on topic.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #53
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Ok. The XBONE gives you ZERO FREE GAMES for you membership.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #54
irocnroll

Quote:
Ok. The XBONE gives you ZERO FREE GAMES for you membership.
Fair enough, but they do give you access to any College sports game via their ESPN app. Also they allow you snap that or your favorite NFL team and Fantasy stats on the side of your screen while you play games or watch TV. Preventing you from having to change inputs or switch channels to see what is going on.

This in itself if more valuable than a "free" game. Considering most cable providers will charge you at minimum an additional $10 a month for some sort of ESPN or sport related package.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #55
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Fair enough, but they do give you access to any College sports game via their ESPN app. Also they allow you snap that or your favorite NFL team and Fantasy stats on the side of your screen while you play games or watch TV. Preventing you from having to change inputs or switch channels to see what is going on.

This in itself if more valuable than a "free" game. Considering most cable providers will charge you at minimum an additional $10 a month for some sort of ESPN or sport related package.
Totally useful video game stuff...Probably cool for the Madden fans?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #56
irocnroll

Quote:
Totally useful video game stuff...Probably cool for the Madden fans?
Its being marketed as a complete entertainment package. Not just a gaming console. Useful for people that dont even play video games.