Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #29
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
FOB stands for Forward Operating Base. Fobbits are say... the asshole at the chow hall that won't let you in because your PT uniform is sweaty even though it's like 130 degrees outside, or the gate guard that harasses you and acts like you are a terrorist when though you are clearly a U.S. soldier in uniform in a military vehicle, and it's like 4 A.M. and you have been on the road for twelve hours waiting for Explosive Ordinance Disposal to clear an IED, or worse yet, you just got lit up. Or making rules about how to conduct operations when the have never been on a mission themselves. Basically their whole deployment experience is sitting on the base, and then acting like they saw some shit and go home and tell war stories like they went kicking down doors or something when they really sat around buying all the shit at the PX and giving everybody in general a hard time for whatever has their panties in a bunch at the moment. I understand that they do have a purpose out here, but they need not be such a dick about it. It feels like that sometimes these people exist just to piss people off and screw everybody over. I apologize for my language, but this stuff get's me pretty riled up sometimes. That's why I had the shirt made. It's my little way of sticking it to the man. For a mor dictonary-like description of a Fobbit and the various subcategories of one, check out bobonthefob.com. It's definitely good for a few laughs, especially for those of you who have served. And yes. Mr. Ed it the shit. He 's their mode of transportation when Optimus Prime is on vacation.
roger that. I know the type you are talkin about. in fact I got pulled on a "random" inspection coming onto base tonight. my car is full of tools and cleaning products, not to mention the various fluids that keep my car moving. I had to pull every thing out and open all the bottles (even the clear ones) so that they could see (and let the dog smell) that it wasnt an IED............... I work at an Air Force base on the east coast. we have drunk civilians trying to ram the gates and illigal immigrants living on base, people talking on their cell phones (which is prohibited) while driving on base, but yet...they want to pull me over and inspect every nook and cranny of my car.

there was one point when I was telling one of the SP's (special people) = MP's, about some of the mods to my car and mentioned relocating my electrical wires between the plastic fenderwell and the metal fenderwell to clean up the engine bay, he suggested I pull the plastic so they could look under my car! i dont know sometimes..

tho I must say, MP's are outstanding people
they are out standing in the heat,
they are out standing in the rain,
they are out standing in the snow... lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote