Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #29
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
To answer the original question, I could see a dealership pushing the site if it was run by Chevrolet or the dealership itself. I'm guessing most dealerships don't even know about it, so they wouldn't push it. These days, anyone should know that the internet is knowledge and knowledge is power.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
I tell every customer who buys a camaro from me about this site. I usually browse the forums and show them how much great info is on here while they're waiting for finance.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #31
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
I knew of this site before I even went to the dealership, but found it reassuring that when I ordered my car the last thing the sales manager did before I left was tell me about the site. He was very happy to tell me about the site though and said it was quite a great resource for C5 owners.

I think it would be great if sales-people, not just Camaro but any make/model, took some time to get to know the biggest sites for the cars they want to sell, that way they can have one more little key to unlock the sale.
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
I knew of this site before I even went to the dealership, but found it reassuring that when I ordered my car the last thing the sales manager did before I left was tell me about the site. He was very happy to tell me about the site though and said it was quite a great resource for C5 owners.

I think it would be great if sales-people, not just Camaro but any make/model, took some time to get to know the biggest sites for the cars they want to sell, that way they can have one more little key to unlock the sale.
It's crazy just how many fan sites there are. There is a forum for literally every Chevy currently offered.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Fbod is my hero and this site is not a pain in GM's side it's a pain in dealership service departments side atleast a select few not all. I know a few in NH that absolutely hate any camaro owner mentioning C5 when they can't replicate or don't want to look under the hood. There's also a few in NH that will smile not in the 'why me" way when you mention C5 or bring in information from the site because it helps them. Those are the techs you want to be working on your car not the code reader jockey's.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #34
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I have been very impressed with the GM presence here. Not the least of which has been input from "fbodfather". Unfortunately I have been unable to get help from anyone, BECAUSE NOTHING HAS EVER FAILED ON MY CAR!

Thanks to all GM folks for their support. Someday when my car is old and "gray" (like me) I'll need assistance and I am sure to find it here.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #35
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
I am proud to be known as the "Camaro Expert" at the #1 Camaro dealership in our little state, and this allows me the pleasure of speaking with just about every Camaro customer that walks through our doors. I always bring them over to my desk to show them this website.

If it's a deal I am personally working on, you can count on us being here while they're waiting to go into Finance. Invariably, we'll end up at the exhaust sticky thread, just to let the entire dealership know someone bought a Camaro.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #36
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Car salesmen won't tell new owners about this forum because an informed customer is an intelligent customer. The less we know, the more they can get from us (not all, there are good dealers). It's more profitable for them to keep us ignorant.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #37
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post
It's crazy just how many fan sites there are. There is a forum for literally every Chevy currently offered.
That's funny to think about... a fan site for the Chevy Cruze? I guess it would have to exist to help boost the egos of those driving it.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #38
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
You know, Harley dealerships do things a little different. At least around here anyway. They thrive on culture of the buyers. So there will be access or information to riding classes, group rides, and riding clubs all over the dealership as well as part catalogs besides HD parts.

So I'm sure Chevy wouldn't latch on to just Camaro5, but this and a couple of other forums would be nice. I might have known to put clear bra on my car before it was too late if I had been on here.