The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
SlikNik

Drives: 2012 Ford FX2 Quad Cab F150
On my way to order a 2015 Z51

I am new here and this is my first post. So excited.
I'm 48 and on way to dealership as I type this to order a 2015 Z51 2LT coupe in arctic white/blk int.
More details and info coming soon.
Guy on the phone told me 6 to 8 weeks once order is placed. Probably will have to pay MSRP but hoping to at least save the dealer fee. We'll see.
SlikNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
Make sure the dealer has allocation if they can't show you let me know and Ill direct you to another dealer
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I agree...that's the most important thing......if he doesn't have an allocation...you'll be waiting at the train station for a train that isn't coming- he will know every two weeks what he's getting
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
SlikNik

They are a very large dealership located in Plant City Florida. (Stingray Chevrolet). He said he gets large allocations so he says.

I ordered the Z51 with performance exhaust 2LT,White/Bk interior,8 speed Automatic, Black wheels, Red Calipers, Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler, Nav with PDR, Custom sill plates, Carbon flash emblems, upgraded floor mats, and personalized name plaque.

Going to be MSRP but I am ok with it. My first Corvette and I am ecstatic
Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
yes , stingray gets allocations, but they may not be yours....while you are there...

he can tell you anytime what your code is...codes listed here in Becky's sticky thread....you should at the time of consummation of the deal tell him you want the code via email every monday morning or you'll take that in account when you do the delivery survey...guaranteed that will get his attention...it's big $$ to him if you burn him…

go ask the dealer every monday for this report called the gm workbench report. You don't have any car being built for you until this report says 2000 in the red circle:
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
SlikNik

Thanks Glen, I was given an order # it is RXZRHJ it also looks like what you posted with a BAC# etc. I saw him enter info on computer and he said he will be contacting me. He is hopeful my order will go through in his next allocation possibly next week. He doesn't expect any restraints as my build looks common.

I like the idea of posting my order # on Becky's thread. Does she usually reply reasonably quick?
Old 08-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Car sounds great with the options and colors.......post pics when you get it!
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikNik View Post
Thanks Glen, I was given an order # it is RXZRHJ it also looks like what you posted with a BAC# etc. I saw him enter info on computer and he said he will be contacting me. He is hopeful my order will go through in his next allocation possibly next week. He doesn't expect any restraints as my build looks common.

I like the idea of posting my order # on Becky's thread. Does she usually reply reasonably quick?
Yes she's great but a dealer person too .......an order # is just one the dealer creates! it means nothing until the code assoc with it says #2000.....then you are good, a code under that, like my pic above , means you do not have a car being built. Get the report in your hand with your name and "retail sold" to the right of the red circle. Accept nothing less.Keep in mind that this is not Becky's job to update you , but it is your dealers job. He's the one making money off this, hold him accountable, and no one at GM for updates.

Last edited by Glen e; 08-12-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
SlikNik

Yes he gave me that report, just as you describe it says "Retail Sold"
Old 08-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
They are a very large dealership located in Plant City Florida. (Stingray Chevrolet). He said he gets large allocations so he says.

I ordered the Z51 with performance exhaust 2LT,White/Bk interior,8 speed Automatic, Black wheels, Red Calipers, Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler, Nav with PDR, Custom sill plates, Carbon flash emblems, upgraded floor mats, and personalized name plaque.

Going to be MSRP but I am ok with it. My first Corvette and I am ecstatic
With a build that nice, I'd add Magnetic Ride... worth it. If not, still not a deal breaker but IMHO you'll get to harness the complete Z51 package & versatility with MSRC.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
This car is identical to what I ordered, must get the MRC, I changed my order one week before TPW and was very hard to do but Im loving it
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
john ziegler

Drives: 2002 corvette
ordered a 2014,i think the dealer screwed it all up!they cant provide me any info on the order!so i ordered a z-51 2015 from my local dealer.they say 4 to 6 weeks.which means its here next month.we will see!! a Z-51 YELLOW CHROME RIMS BLAH BLAH BLAH!
john ziegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:

I ordered A 2012 ZL1 from Stingray Chevrolet and they were great. They were the closest dealer to us that guaranteed MSRP on the car at start of production on the car. I called them about a 2015 Z51 and they would sell it to me at at MSRP but not honor GM Supplier Discount. I have known Becky for several years having met her through Camaro events across the country. I called Becky and ordered a 2015 Z51 Corvette over the phone from her. She accepts GM Supplier Discount on all Chevrolet sales. You will not find a nicer person anywhere. She helps hundreds of forum members with their orders and any other way that she can. She is one of the most knowledgeable sales people you will ever meet.

Stingray Chevrolet will NOT sell any car above MSRP and they have a $99.00 dealer fee. They are a very good dealership and treat customers very well. I am sure that they will keep you abreast about your order, however if something comes up that you have a question about, send Becky a message. I am sure she will do her best to help you.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #14
SlikNik

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I ordered A 2012 ZL1 from Stingray Chevrolet and they were great. They were the closest dealer to us that guaranteed MSRP on the car at start of production on the car. I called them about a 2015 Z51 and they would sell it to me at at MSRP but not honor GM Supplier Discount. I have known Becky for several years having met her through Camaro events across the country. I called Becky and ordered a 2015 Z51 Corvette over the phone from her. She accepts GM Supplier Discount on all Chevrolet sales. You will not find a nicer person anywhere. She helps hundreds of forum members with their orders and any other way that she can. She is one of the most knowledgeable sales people you will ever meet.

Stingray Chevrolet will NOT sell any car above MSRP and they have a $99.00 dealer fee. They are a very good dealership and treat customers very well. I am sure that they will keep you abreast about your order, however if something comes up that you have a question about, send Becky a message. I am sure she will do her best to help you.
Thanks bud,
I got a good feeling about the dealership while I was there. Nice to know someone like Becky is out there willing to help.