Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Tuning question for those with expirence.

Just had my car tuned and ran into some problems the guy said it was getting spiked of knock and running lean also at 6000 rpm the boost would flatten out at 10 psi. No belt slip, no boost leak, good plugs and wires and really good compression. We did a street pull to log data and hit 12.6 lbs of boost and air fuel was 10 with E85. Looked at the log and the spark table read 17 in the 5600 range and at 6000 rpm 20 all the way down and 15 in the next graph. Is that something that could cause knock or even be a reason I’m losing boost at that rpm?
Old 05-07-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
co14camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro
At what RPM did you hit 12.6? If the belt is not slipping then something else is going on. Has the VVT been adjusted to dial out some valve overlap at higher rpms? Too much overlap will allow pressure out of the chamber before ignition and will show as a loss of boost pressure. Basically boost goes straight into the exhaust without being combusted. I should say my comment only applies to LLT and LFX motors. On the V8 you need to make sure the cam profile is made for forced induction otherwise the same thing can happen.
co14camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Take some screenshots or post the log here so we can get a better idea of what’s exactly happening
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote