The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Slightly Different "Install" Question

I replaced the hood and trunk lid of my '10 Camaro with carbon fiber pieces from Seibon, which means I have the factory parts taking up space in my extra room. They still look perfectly good, so I have a difficult time with the prospect of just junking them.

So, I came up with this idea to mount them up on the wall, but I need some recommendations on how to do this, the trunk lid especially...

My thought was, since the room I want to do this in has a 90º corner near the door entry, I was thinking I could hang both pieces sideways and have the trunk lid wrap around this corner...which would mean I could mount them in such a way that the rally stripes actually line up...

Originally I thought I could mount the pieces to a wood frame, but that seems like that would make it all a little too have to attach to the wall. The alternative would be to use a thin metal frame, possibly with some angle iron...but I am worthless when it comes to metal work.

So...anyone else have any thoughts?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Do a Google search on how to Hang a car hood on a wall . A lot of Ideas come up. Thankfully the Camaro hood isn't that heavy .
Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I have my fiberglass hood hanging in my garage using a screw in hook. The kind you find at home depot or walmart meant to hang bicycles and such. The hood I have hanging weighs a lot more than the factory hood. The hook goes through the latch.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote