The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Ask Al Question
A8 Transmission Shudder 136 77.71%
Hugger Orange, Orange Crush 10 5.71%
ZL1 1LE Nurburgring Chassis Settings 29 16.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #43
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
With this question and the last one I'm not really learning anything about the Camaro. These are just turning into "why doesn't my car work the way I want it to" and getting a long response explaining why you're SOL.

Manual ZL1 launches are restricted to protect the clutch from 650 lb-ft of torque. The A8 shudders in everything and will continue to operate that way until the A10 comes in. They're not going to say "oh wow we screwed up here's some money back"
Maybe not, but you sure heard of the squeaky wheel. I for one genuinely want to hear what is happening from the horse's mouth. Buying the ZL1 just to get the A10 was not an option, and I felt that a bit more attention drawn to this issue couldn't hurt.

(With that said, the time this A8 one is spending in the pipeline isn't making me overly confident about the answer either, but not even asking would have been a good shot wasted.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #44
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Manual ZL1 launches are restricted to protect the clutch from 650 lb-ft of torque.
There was quite a lot of information provided in that answered question that I doubt could be provided in the message board equivalent of a 'sound bite'. As much as none of the drag racers here (or elsewhere) would car to admit, there's always going to be the possibility that their driving didn't fit well enough with the system's calibration. Possibly the system itself is subject to some tolerance on its output.

Quote:
The A8 shudders in everything and will continue to operate that way until the A10 comes in. They're not going to say "oh wow we screwed up here's some money back"
We don't have that question answered yet, so anything not coming from Al is pure speculation at this point. I realize it's not applicable to your car anyway, but let's at least wait for the answer.

Norm
Old 03-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #45
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
There was quite a lot of information provided in that answered question that I doubt could be provided in the message board equivalent of a 'sound bite'. As much as none of the drag racers here (or elsewhere) would car to admit, there's always going to be the possibility that their driving didn't fit well enough with the system's calibration. Possibly the system itself is subject to some tolerance on its output.

We don't have that question answered yet, so anything not coming from Al is pure speculation at this point. I realize it's not applicable to your car anyway, but let's at least wait for the answer.

Norm

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #46
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Just some ideas off the top of my head:

—Question related to LT1/LT4 Engine break-in: What is done between final assembly—>delivery. Are the rings seated by the time Cars hit dealers lots? Oil change for break-in (different times listed in different manuals etc).

—How the newly offered GMPP upgrades will effect warranty (long tube headers for example, CAI, Tune etc).

—Any ZL1 specific mag ride software updates coming?
So it's been weeks and I don't see these questions listed as new discussion threads to measure interest - unless they've been pushed to the second page already, I honestly didn't check.

But if you didn't start the threads - what are you waiting for?

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #47
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
So it's been weeks and I don't see these questions listed as new discussion threads to measure interest - unless they've been pushed to the second page already, I honestly didn't check.

But if you didn't start the threads - what are you waiting for?

I really like the 1st two
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote