The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #71
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Make sure you check on the sleeping car DAILY!! Rained here for 5 days and a RAT used my car as shelter!!

-Bobby
Yep... Some mice have chewed up my cars hood insulator and built a nest under the hood. This was when I have been driving it back in the fall.....

I have since caught( and killed) at least 8 mice trying to venture into the garage. No signs of a new nest in the car or further damage to the hood insulation though.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 AM   #72
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Official position being
Which is still very open to interpretation. Test N tune night no problem, but all of a sudden a bracket race or Camaro shoot out is not covered. I think it's great that they stand by their products but that is still very much open to getting denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
If you don't modify your car - they will stand behind the track warranty. That suit has nothing to do with this situation.

Well...now you have.

And no, I don't start in second...you're also typically allowed a rolling launch into the start gate, and IF this issue stutters the car (which it never did for me, at least not that I noticed...probably because it's not a prepped surface.), it won't again for the entire rest of the course...a long 30-50 seconds or more of turns and technical driving demands that have nothing to do with the launch.

A road course is even less of an issue...so I maintain - this may only affect anyone wishing to drag race their M6 ZL1.
Which despite how much everyone here loves talking lap times, the drag strip is still the venue that most of these cars will see vs a road course
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #73
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Which is still very open to interpretation. Test N tune night no problem, but all of a sudden a bracket race or Camaro shoot out is not covered. I think it's great that they stand by their products but that is still very much open to getting denied.
A Challenger owner told me (at GLD) that Dodge dealers check your wheel well for rubber and void your warranty if found. Chevy will let you play but there are limits. Racing means competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Which despite how much everyone here loves talking lap times, the drag strip is still the venue that most of these cars will see vs a road course
I would expect ZL1 drag racers to go A10 with the M6 being more for street or track. A 650 hp, 650 lb-ft M6 is at such a disadvantage at the drags that it would frustrate me to breaking. I know from my 13 ZL1 M6 that it was nearly impossible (for me as a novice) to master a good launch. Too easy into the throttle or blew off the stock tires.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 02-15-2018 at 01:22 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #74
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
A Challenger owner told me (at GLD) that Dodge dealers check your wheel well for rubber and void your warranty if found. Chevy will let you play but there are limits. Racing means competition.

I would expect ZL1 drag racers to go A10 with the M6 being more for street or track. A 650 hp, 650 lb-ft M6 is at such a disadvantage at the drags that it would frustrate me to breaking. I know from my 13 ZL1 M6 that it was nearly impossible (for me as a novice) to master a good launch. Too easy into the throttle or blew off the stock tires.
That's what I am saying lol, if you break something but slip and say racing instead of at a test n tune you could be screwed. That's some tricky wording in the agreement. But better than nothing

I would expect that too, but there are tons of people on this forum that are still row your own gears no matter what types. I would have to assume that is why this question got asked.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #75
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
Mr W,

Do you start out using 2nd gear when competing in Auto Cross too

I've NEVER seen anything like this in ANY Advertised HI-PO Car EVER.

(Not directed at Mr W)
Apparently, Dodge (Et Al) has a larger and more active set of Balls then the Legal Dept and Bean Counters at GM, (as the Dodge Demon SRT doesn't BOG). Point being; Although, The Demon is an Auto Trans Car. but it still puts a 9 sec Car on the Street TRUSTING OWNERS TO USE IT PROFESSIONALLY.

Just saying

Mr P/H = Calls 'em likes he see's 'em.
I thought the Demon was auto-only.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #76
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I thought the Demon was auto-only.
TORQUEFLITE 8HP90 EIGHT-SPEED AUTOMATIC

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/dodge/...-ar175700.html
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #77
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
A8 shudder please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So time for Poll #4... of the questions out there what do you guys want to see?

a8 shudder please
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:39 AM   #78
BMGR1

Drives: 17' SS 1LE
Damn.... Al and the Camaro team just literally punched the entire m6 ZL1/1LE/SS community right in the mouth with that statement.... everyone thats ok with the statement can go ahead get up off your knees now

IDC if I void my warranty or I break the car when I drag race it, just give me what I PAID for.... if not, just be up front about your product....

I bought a 2017 Mustang GT PP M6 as well last year, pretty sad it 60' better with a smaller engine and more weight..... Guess I'll be selling my 1LE if no fix comes
BMGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #79
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I read through much of this thread but not all. Thanks to Al for the straight scoop, which was I thought all along. Good luck getting rid of the bog with a tune. Most of us running M6 SSes at the track feel a bog too but it is not as pronounced.

On the stock M6 SS I was able to get a few low 1.9s and with tires low 1.8s. So the best you can do is a 2.0 in an M6 ZL1? I was thinking of throwing a Paxton on my SS or upgrading ($gulp$) to the ZL1. A 2.0 would be disappointing to me. Still on the fence though.

My CA6 ZL1 bog theory was the weakness of the diff. It is really built for the road track and not so much for the 1/4. Also I think the strength of the diff on the SS and ZL1 are about the same. This would benefit the SS and save Chevy a few $$. Am I wrong here? I do know the CA6 SS diff is much stouter than the 5th gen SS diff and that was on a heavier car. I have ridden home in a flatbed with my 5th gen 1LE. I think I am safe in the CA6 SS so far. The Ca6 SS axles can snap, but they are like a shear pin on an outboard motor and cheap to replace. Good call Chevy engineering.

In the 5th gen ZL1 you had the Grave Digger diff with no worries about breakage. But man that sucker was heavy. I had to lift one in and out of my Rav4. My back still hurts. So with the lighter (and very impressive) CA6 ZL1 you get the lighter car and a little built in protection. I think a good trade off. Very few ZL1s ever see a drag strip. I rarely see one at Atco. But will I buy one? Given my car love for the 5th gen ZL1 I know I would like one. Can we get a group buy together?

All this being said I am very jealous of watching M6 S197 bolton GTs dipping deep into the 11s with 5K clutch dumps, getting a little air under the front tires, and very low 1.5 60's. But then I do love the IRS on a mountain road. We must Compromise to have one car to do it all. The Camaro comes very close. Hats off to GM engineering building this car for us motor heads. But if there is a next gen Camaro can you make it a little easier to see out of? The Mustang has a better compromise here.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #80
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Here is my issue with all this...

He explained that Launch Control kicks on the torque management... I don't think ANY of us used launch control after the first try... I was able to achieve a much better 0 to 60 bone stock using my legs and brain than the car was able to do using tech (this is why the euro guys laugh at us, just sayin)

What we are worried about is this torque management bullshit being something we can't even tune out. This may be a HP tuners issue (in my case) but no tuner has figured out a way to edit the tq management table itself. Some say "oh you just bring the torque in later" but that just means you're software hamstringing your car...
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #81
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Here is my issue with all this...

He explained that Launch Control kicks on the torque management... I don't think ANY of us used launch control after the first try... I was able to achieve a much better 0 to 60 bone stock using my legs and brain than the car was able to do using tech (this is why the euro guys laugh at us, just sayin)

What we are worried about is this torque management bullshit being something we can't even tune out. This may be a HP tuners issue (in my case) but no tuner has figured out a way to edit the tq management table itself. Some say "oh you just bring the torque in later" but that just means you're software hamstringing your car...
Correct me if I’m wrong, but torque management is always “on”, not just when using launch control...
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #82
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong, but torque management is always “on”, not just when using launch control...
I believe that is the case.

I'm not sure what it is about the software that is keeping that table specifically locked... But the EASIEST way to get a tuner to stop responding to you is to mention the M6 bog issue lol.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #83
UserNameNotFound

Drives: 17' Camaro ZL1
Well, although I appreciate the time spent to answer our questions, it is quite disappointing to find out GM does not care about fixing/improving the issue.

It is a software fix, nothing complicated or expensive.

Either give us freedom to turn off the torque management or give some more slack before interfering with the launch.

Instead of the next question, we should start thinking about the next car...
Old 03-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #84
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameNotFound View Post
Well, although I appreciate the time spent to answer our questions, it is quite disappointing to find out GM does not care about fixing/improving the issue.

It is a software fix, nothing complicated or expensive.

Either give us freedom to turn off the torque management or give some more slack before interfering with the launch.

Instead of the next question, we should start thinking about the next car...
The point is we made our statement. They are not going to get into "fixes" in this forum but you can bet we got it on their radar. No one is more interested in this than me as I'm waiting for a 19 ZLE and hope we've raised enough awareness that something gets tweeked.

I have no problem backing off this purchase either.