The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #911
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post

Small World Was based at BDL back in Mid80’s for Business Express. We lived off of RT5 in Enfield for 2yrs. Sill have good Friends there that work at UT P&W Was up there recently on long layover and was great to spend some time out exploring the old Stomping grounds with them.
Sweet! I live across the street from Robertson (4B8) in Farmington so have attended a bunch of air shows there. I haven't ever flown though, which I know this this thread is more meant for pilots.

Embraer E-Jet FTV w/ PW1900Gs in Brazil:
Attached Images

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #912
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
My written was supposed to be Monday. Looks like that isn't going to happen thanks to the shutdown.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #913
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Sweet! I live across the street from Robertson (4B8) in Farmington so have attended a bunch of air shows there. I haven't ever flown though, which I know this this thread is more meant for pilots.
👍Sitting here at a Five bucks in L.A. on a layover people watching. lol Redeye out at Midnght back to East Coast. Sun should be coming up somewhere over the Midwest. Ughh.
No it’s meant for all who love flying, wrenching, photography anything related! Love the Photos, Videos etc. posted here Please Keep them coming.

Rebelyell22 did they reschedule it? Best Wishes!

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #914
HartfordRacingCaptain

Was at Pratt HQ in East Hartford today for training. Used to pass these models all the time when I was younger. Finally got the chance to see them up close. Also walked around outside the hangar museum and the old flight tower, but there was an event going on inside so I couldnt go in.
Attached Images

Last edited by HartfordRacingCaptain; 03-22-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #915
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Is the museum open to the public?
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #916
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
So what is you guys' thoughts on them doing away with the B1?
Old 03-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #917
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Huh? Highly doubt that
Old 03-26-2018, 07:38 AM   #918
HartfordRacingCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Huh? Highly doubt that
I thought the B-21 was intended as a replacement for both the B-1 and the B-2. It's possible it wouldn't be supersonic though, which the B-1 is (and the B-2 isn't, at least with numbers provided to the public. I'm sure they under-advertise top speed).

"Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said in a statement Monday that the service will update its B-52 bombers, which like the B-2 and B-21 can carry nuclear weapons. She said the Air Force would fund development of replacement engines for the B-52 and that it would continue to modify the B-1B and B-2 aircraft "to keep them relevant until the B-21s come on line.""

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...212-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Is the museum open to the public?
Yeah it is, but only Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-2. And only if there isn't an event scheduled. Enter on the Cabela's road.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #919
HartfordRacingCaptain

So I apparently missed an F-35 show for Pratt employees this past weekend. I don't know how so many other people knew about it but I didnt

Old 06-21-2018, 02:26 AM   #920
rebelyell22

Checkride tips?
Old 06-21-2018, 02:41 AM   #921
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
I'm okay with it. Those planes have been problematic since day 1.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:13 PM   #922
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Checkride tips?
You will make small mistakes.If you feel you made one,take a deep breath. Do not dwell on it. It will eat you up and snowball. Move on. Try to relax (yeah easier said than done) Best wishes.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:45 PM   #923
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Checkride tips?
Wow, I could write 12 pages on this.

It’s just another flight man. Like any other. Honestly it really really is. Talk out loud through everything, don’t rush. You know your memory stuff or you wouldn’t be this far, like your fuel and v speeds and all that crap...easy peasy.

You won’t be perfect. None of us were. I was a hot mess till the wheels left the ground mainly because I’m extremely slow....ate a lot of lead paint as a kid...you know the type. Anyway, I was using call signs from airports three states over, taxied pretty much wherever the hell I wanted to, headed to runway L when runway R was, well the only one open. I almost forgot the brakes on the run up, I did a go around on one of my landings to take offs. My guy was cool though... he said, “oh well, you had to do one of those anyway.” But I never panicked. I just acted like it was someone else’s fault, made my corrections and kept on going.

NEVER stop flying the plane. Don’t forget to breathe. Your training and hard work will take over and everything will come to you naturally. Just let it happen. Have faith in your instructor. Good luck! You got this!

PS And after you pass. Go flying! You couldn’t get me out of the sky! I dropped off my examiner, got my temp license, picked up my wife and off we went. No lie.

Hope this helps. .
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #924
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Wow, I could write 12 pages on this.

It’s just another flight man. Like any other. Honestly it really really is. Talk out loud through everything, don’t rush. You know your memory stuff or you wouldn’t be this far, like your fuel and v speeds and all that crap...easy peasy.

You won’t be perfect. None of us were. I was a hot mess till the wheels left the ground mainly because I’m extremely slow....ate a lot of lead paint as a kid...you know the type. Anyway, I was using call signs from airports three states over, taxied pretty much wherever the hell I wanted to, headed to runway L when runway R was, well the only one open. I almost forgot the brakes on the run up, I did a go around on one of my landings to take offs. My guy was cool though... he said, “oh well, you had to do one of those anyway.” But I never panicked. I just acted like it was someone else’s fault, made my corrections and kept on going.

NEVER stop flying the plane. Don’t forget to breathe. Your training and hard work will take over and everything will come to you naturally. Just let it happen. Have faith in your instructor. Good luck! You got this!

PS And after you pass. Go flying! You couldn’t get me out of the sky! I dropped off my examiner, got my temp license, picked up my wife and off we went. No lie.

Hope this helps. .
That last part is already me lol. I have zero problem flying, and everyone that goes up with me says that. It's the oral part I'm nervous about... I've never been a good test taker, and I'm not the greatest at regurgitating info, but I know the DPE knows I'll be nervous. I think I'm just over thinking it.

1 more solo XC to meet the hour requirement, the 3hr checkride prep, then the checkride.... I've waited way too long for this