The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #99
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Sun City is between Suprise and Peoria, the City is a whole retirement community. If you are a people person and want a lot of activities it would be worth a look.

I am eyeballing property in Mayor and Prescott Valley currently, more of a ranch style secluded area.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #100
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
FWIW, I lived in Sun City Grand... Beautiful community, and you could socialize or keep to yourself as you wished. There was a club (or group) for virtually any activity you wanted to participate in.
Forgot to mention, no bugs, at least compared to the midwest. Never saw a scorpion, black widow or rattlesnake, except for a couple rattlers out in the desert.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #101
AJL13

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
My dad retired to South Georgia, and he loves it. Cheap as hell to live there (important if you are on SS/fixed income), mild winters, and only an hour and a half from the best city in America (Savannah). I'm 33 and if I could find gainful employment there, I'd have moved yesterday.

Re: Arizona folks. Spent 5 days in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago and loved it. From what I hear from AZ residents, the summer there is nothing to mess with....and it's 8 months long.
AJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #102
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL13 View Post
My dad retired to South Georgia, and he loves it. Cheap as hell to live there (important if you are on SS/fixed income), mild winters, and only an hour and a half from the best city in America (Savannah). I'm 33 and if I could find gainful employment there, I'd have moved yesterday.

Re: Arizona folks. Spent 5 days in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago and loved it. From what I hear from AZ residents, the summer there is nothing to mess with....and it's 8 months long.
Yeah, summer in Scottsdale is muy caliente, but it's a dry heat! I always seem to be sent down there during summer...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #103
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL13 View Post

all of this is true. AZ = muy caliente!
but I will argue Charleston > Savannah but not by much.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #104
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I'm gonna Vote Savannah over Charleston just because of Tybee Island
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #105
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
The only 3 options I am considering... Florida/South Florida, im a beach bum at heart and ideally my retirement would be spent monkeying in the garage, eating street tacos, and thats about it. My biggest concern in life would be, where am I getting my morning coffee from this morning? Driving, well, florida has some..but also has great tracks. Tail of the dragon actually kind of sucked, IMO, much more impressed with Red river gorge if you have a good spotter.

2) Texas Hill country. Texas native here, and I love the hill country, I could get by with living in a cabin in the hill country as a substitute for being a beach bum. Still some good driving in the hills.

3) Isla Mujeres Mexico, still beach bumming, but for waaaaaay cheaper.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #106
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
The only 3 options I am considering... Florida/South Florida, im a beach bum at heart and ideally my retirement would be spent monkeying in the garage, eating street tacos, and thats about it. My biggest concern in life would be, where am I getting my morning coffee from this morning? Driving, well, florida has some..but also has great tracks. Tail of the dragon actually kind of sucked, IMO, much more impressed with Red river gorge if you have a good spotter.

2) Texas Hill country. Texas native here, and I love the hill country, I could get by with living in a cabin in the hill country as a substitute for being a beach bum. Still some good driving in the hills.

3) Isla Mujeres Mexico, still beach bumming, but for waaaaaay cheaper.
Three Sisters for riding... great food at Mac and Ernies in Tarpley... or tacos at Taquria Utopia and El Jacalito... or Aussie Meat pies at the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #107
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
all of this is true. AZ = muy caliente!
but I will argue Charleston > Savannah but not by much.
I don't mind visiting either of those cities, but wouldn't want to live there, maybe the suburbs would be ok. The narrow, pothole riddled, flooded, and traffic light filled roads aren't for me. I also don't enjoy the simultaneous fishy/barnyard smell.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #108
wildpew
pewish bicker

Drives: 2001 Z28 SS convertible
Reno/Carson City do it for me. Lake Tahoe is an hour drive or ride depending what flavor of wind I want in my face. We have desert and mountains and it is usually nice here.
wildpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #109
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Myrtle Beach, in about 5 years. Been vacationing there for over 20 years. Tired of these PA winters. Calling for 4-6” of snow tonight. Happy Easter!

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #110
Msokeefe

Drives: 2018 1SS
You have to go to area's where people from the North East are NOT retiring to. They ruin everything.
Msokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #111
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Retire somewhere Camaros roam free....
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:22 PM   #112
Jay37

Drives: 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msokeefe View Post
You have to go to area's where people from the North East are NOT retiring to. They ruin everything.
Could not agree more. Florida has a lot of Northeasterners. They are pushy and rude. New Jersey and New York plates. Arizona seems like a good place to retire and live life easy.
Jay37 is offline   Reply With Quote