The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
they need to bring back the Cuda's
Old 07-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
It looks sad now. So, aside from the door handles and lack of goat emblem, the only exterior change is an upside down lower grille? Weak...... Dodge could have made the lower grille bigger/wider or something a little more creative.
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
It looks sad now. So, aside from the door handles and lack of goat emblem, the only exterior change is an upside down lower grille? Weak...... Dodge could have made the lower grille bigger/wider or something a little more creative.
goat
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #18
xs29j8
Hemis, Six Packs, & Wings

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8 & Old Mopars
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
Ya I heard they are coming with a dealer boss 305 srt!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
the challenger is bigger, they can move the engine bar further up so that you can fit a 500 in there........
I was wondering if anyone would bring that up... But, what "framework" is going to be required to "fit" the "Dealer Boss 305 SRT"?

As for the MY 2011 changes, they appear to be minimal:

Rumored external changes -

1) Redesigned lower front fascia inlet opening... "Smile" is gone, replaced by "frown" or "Shark's Mouth" opening as shown in spy photo. See attached composite picture below (also posted last week). Spoiler was also rumored to be extended, but does not appear different in the spy photo.

2) The "Ram's Head" emblem is gone, possibly replaced by another yet unseen emblem or as in the photo no emblem at all. A recent spy photo of the new Charger's interior had the logo on the steering wheel taped over, so I expect there will be a new emblem...

3) Redesigned outer door handles... not a cosmetic change, but required for incorporation of Chrysler's "totally keyless go" system. The current keyless go system on the Challenger still requires pushing a button on the key fob to unlock the doors. The new door handle has a proximity switch for the keyless go system, and will also be used on the new Charger.

4) New hood nameplates for the Challenger SRT8 models with the new 6.4L Hemi will read "392 Hemi" instead of "6.4 Hemi". The rumor also said the engine will still have "6.4 Hemi" markings...

5) A previously unknown wheel was seen in one of the pictures on a red Challenger, painted black it is believed for camo...

Rumored interior changes -

1) Redesigned three spoke steering wheel , similar to the one in the current Ram trucks. Apparently to be the same wheel in the new Charger, which was seen in the 2011 Charger interior spy photo mentioned earlier.

2) New lettering on IP cluster guages, some minimal switch changes, rear seat access on the driver's side , and maybe other unspecified minimal interior changes...

Rumored engine changes -

1) New 6.4L Hemi with HP output rumored to be in a wide range between 450 and 525... rumors from insiders seem to be in the range of 480 to 505 or higher.

2) New "Pentastar" 3.6L DOHC V6 (formerly called "Phoenix" series) with HP output rumored to be between 290 and 300 initially, then rising in the next few model years.

The 2010/2011 comparison picture that I mentioned earlier, and the 2011 Charger interior spy photo showing a new steering wheel believed to be also used in the 2011 Challenger:

XS
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Oh we were making fun of someone nothing against you
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs29j8 View Post
I was wondering if anyone would bring that up... But, what "framework" is going to be required to "fit" the "Dealer Boss 305 SRT"?

As for the MY 2011 changes, they appear to be minimal:

Rumored external changes -

1) Redesigned lower front fascia inlet opening... "Smile" is gone, replaced by "frown" or "Shark's Mouth" opening as shown in spy photo. See attached composite picture below (also posted last week). Spoiler was also rumored to be extended, but does not appear different in the spy photo.

2) The "Ram's Head" emblem is gone, possibly replaced by another yet unseen emblem or as in the photo no emblem at all. A recent spy photo of the new Charger's interior had the logo on the steering wheel taped over, so I expect there will be a new emblem...

3) Redesigned outer door handles... not a cosmetic change, but required for incorporation of Chrysler's "totally keyless go" system. The current keyless go system on the Challenger still requires pushing a button on the key fob to unlock the doors. The new door handle has a proximity switch for the keyless go system, and will also be used on the new Charger.

4) New hood nameplates for the Challenger SRT8 models with the new 6.4L Hemi will read "392 Hemi" instead of "6.4 Hemi". The rumor also said the engine will still have "6.4 Hemi" markings...

5) A previously unknown wheel was seen in one of the pictures on a red Challenger, painted black it is believed for camo...

Rumored interior changes -

1) Redesigned three spoke steering wheel , similar to the one in the current Ram trucks. Apparently to be the same wheel in the new Charger, which was seen in the 2011 Charger interior spy photo mentioned earlier.

2) New lettering on IP cluster guages, some minimal switch changes, rear seat access on the driver's side , and maybe other unspecified minimal interior changes...

Rumored engine changes -

1) New 6.4L Hemi with HP output rumored to be in a wide range between 450 and 525... rumors from insiders seem to be in the range of 480 to 505 or higher.

2) New "Pentastar" 3.6L DOHC V6 (formerly called "Phoenix" series) with HP output rumored to be between 290 and 300 initially, then rising in the next few model years.

The 2010/2011 comparison picture that I mentioned earlier, and the 2011 Charger interior spy photo showing a new steering wheel believed to be also used in the 2011 Challenger:

XS
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #20
xs29j8

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
the car looks identicle. They seem to have half assed it this time around.
The Challenger has only been built for a little over 2 years... no where near time for a major re-styling. Amazingly, the "smile" was one of the main styling complaints of some Mopar fans... I certainly had no problem with it tho. Overall, they did a good job on the inlet change... much better than the earlier photoshops predicted.

Rumors have the major restyle scheduled for MY 2014... three years from now.

XS
Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
xs29j8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
Oh we were making fun of someone nothing against you
Yes, I know... I have been following the other threads... The hole just keeps getting deeper...

XS
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
xs29j8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
"On a side note, this story may also serve as a warning to automaker employees who want to become internet famous for snapping a few spy photos of vehicles inside the company’s compound. MoParts forum member coronet1966d has now taken down the pics and could even face charges for his actions."

Wow, they really know how to take care of people over there at Chrysler.
All companies do not like to have employees taking pictures on company property and posting them on the Internet... Chrysler investigated the early release of the 6.1L Hemi picture, and GM did likewise when the Camaro mock-up pictures hit the Internet...

XS
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #23
xs29j8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
As I mentioned earlier, the "new" Challenger has only been in production for a little over two years (since the spring of 2008), so it is nowhere near time for a major restyle... normally they are done on about 5 year cycles (like the Mustang was). Are you expecting a major restyle of the 5th Gen Camaro in two years?

On the lower grille opening size, it is clearly larger... maybe 20-25% in area. Look at the comparison picture I posted earlier, the width and height are both greater than that on the 2008-2010 Challengers... compare the distance from the inlet opening to the front marker lights.

XS
Old 07-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
xs29j8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
they need to bring back the Cuda's
Agreed... And let Doug style them!
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #25
guiLT