Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Sqwirtle

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS-m6, IOM
Pandora with MyLink 2013

I'm sure this has come up a lot but I dont think I have found a concrete solution when the MyLink is involved.

I have a 2013 with the MyLink. The Pandora app on the home screen is always grayed out. I can open pandora on my phone and put the MyLink on Bluetooth and it will work but this kind of defeats the point of the Pandora app with MyLink.

I have my LG Nexus 4 paired via BT and I have no problems with phone calls and like I previously said, the BT audio does work.

If I open Pandora on my phone and go to advanced settings, I do have "Bluetooth for Automotive" checked off.

I would like to add that when I first had the car, I had a Samsung Nexus S that worked with the Pandora MyLink. Now I can't remember if this problem happened before I swithced phones or not. I am pretty sure it did and started being problematic with the Nexus S but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have a solution or any ideas?
Sqwirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Misterleeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Only works if plugged in. No BT on pandora.
Misterleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Mine works with bluetooth and I'm no techie.?
chef-beavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Misterleeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
He's talking about using the Mylink app on the touch screen. You can always just BT stream it, but won't get the controls/display on the LCD.
Misterleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
chef-beavis

I only had 588 miles on her before putting her up for the year. I'll check in the spring but I'm 99% sure I hit the like buttons on the dash...
Old 02-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Sqwirtle

Yea, I used to be able to hit the Pandora button on the screen (phone not plugged it, just connected via BT). But it's been grayed out now for the longest time and I cant figure out why.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
chef-beavis

I'll try to do it in mine this week. Maybe its tied in to one of the pay services?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwirtle View Post
I'm sure this has come up a lot but I dont think I have found a concrete solution when the MyLink is involved.

I have a 2013 with the MyLink. The Pandora app on the home screen is always grayed out. I can open pandora on my phone and put the MyLink on Bluetooth and it will work but this kind of defeats the point of the Pandora app with MyLink.

I have my LG Nexus 4 paired via BT and I have no problems with phone calls and like I previously said, the BT audio does work.

If I open Pandora on my phone and go to advanced settings, I do have "Bluetooth for Automotive" checked off.

I would like to add that when I first had the car, I had a Samsung Nexus S that worked with the Pandora MyLink. Now I can't remember if this problem happened before I swithced phones or not. I am pretty sure it did and started being problematic with the Nexus S but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have a solution or any ideas?
Have you tried taking it to a dealership for some sort of troubleshooting? This may be a phone compatibility issue.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
I had a similar problem with mine, I fixed it by removing my phone from the pair listing, and my car from my phones pair listing, then re-pairing the bluetooth connection. You might give it a try.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
chef-beavis

It works. I took delivery on Halloween and have not renewed any of the subscription services. Mine is grey until bluetooth is on and Pandora is running. Another thought is the manual tells you to turn the volume up on the phone. Maybe if you don't crank the volume it won't pick it up? Otherwise my vote is with the bluetooth isn't paired.
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
Sqwirtle

Hmmmmm, I'll try these suggestions tomorrow and let you guys know. Thanks for all the ideas!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #12
marcvilla

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
I want Spotify on MyLink!! GM get to it dammit!!!
marcvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvilla View Post
I want Spotify on MyLink!! GM get to it dammit!!!
Apple is launching a Pandora/Spotify type radio service by Summer. Odds are that car manufacturers will pick up 'iRadio' long before Spotify.

The day last year that the WSJ leaked this news about Apple, Pandora shares dropped 25%.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
Sqwirtle

Update: So I never got it to work...

I tried everything. I was going to put my SIM in my older Galaxy S and see if that would work but just never got around to it.

Then when I took my car to get the steering wheel aligned they told me there was a recall on the nav for voice commands and crap. I personally never had a problem but I had them do the updates.

When I got the car back and re-synced my phone again, lo and behold, Pandora lights up!