Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #57
InTheMarket

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
RIP My Wallet, What an awesome car. I wanted to save up for the ZL1 but maybe the 1LE is not a bad choice, it's definitely a 99.9% car (Faster than 99.9% of cars on the road). Now where did I put that Lottery Ticket. lol
Old 08-08-2016, 12:15 PM   #58
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
See signature .. Just got rid of a C6Z06. Ordering a 2017 ZL1..
I might be right there with you. I LOVE my C6 ZR1, but this thing looks really badass!
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #59
rcandiloro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
See signature .. Just got rid of a C6Z06. Ordering a 2017 ZL1..
So based on your signature it looks like you can get the mirrors and rear spoiler black? Awesome!!
Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #60
rcandiloro

So I'll ask the question, and I know in general it depends on the dealer, but any expectation for a markup? The GT350 Mustang markup was INSANITY! Here in Fresno they had a non-R GT350 with a $40000 markup! Crazy. I really hope Chevy dealers don't do that.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #61
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
650 lb tq too?
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #62
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Ive never sold a car nor traded one in so I can't appreciate depreciation. That being said cars are not an investment. They are a commodity and an oddity. You only live once. Children get bored of being a kid and want to grow up. Adults never get bored talking about wanting to be a kid again.

Be a kid. Think like a kid with an adult body. Buy the damn car!
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #63
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
After having owned both a CA6 SS and a 5th gen ZL1 they are very close in overall acceleration runing the same ETs with only slightly lower MPH numbers on the SS. But this is a little deceptive as the New SS is easier to launch than the last ZL1.

The new ZL1 running 11.4 on an unprepped suface is a HUGE improvement. And in mineshaft air with prep we might see 10s out of a stock A10 ZL1. So the new ZL1 has acceleration parity with the HellKitty as one would expect given similar power to weight ratios. The ZL1 might be a little faster but this is a drivers race.

And I can also say this about both cars as a fact. This much power/speed is pretty much unusable on the street. You can only have fun in very short bursts and you are very likely to attract unwanted attention from the police even then.

These big ET numbers are all from auto cars. I have seen Hellcat M6 drivers (even with DRs) struggle all night trying to get into the 11s. But they do get there eventually if they stick with it and do not get discouraged. Usually I only see the same M6 HC once or twice. That is why M6es are so much fun. With some seat time in an auto you can look up the DA and assuming some track prep you can very closely predict your numbers. Zzzzz. Not nearly as much fun to me as DIY launching and shifting.

As to road tracking the big 5th Gen ZL1 weakness was heat soak. I have heard 5th gen ZL1s can lose big HP after a couple of laps. I can also confirm this drag racing my ZL1. With my '16 SS I can hot lap and get very close ETs and MPH. The ZL1 demanded long cool offs to run in top form

GM has paid a lot of attention to hardware cooling in the 6th gen Camaros. However you can only do so much given such a concentrated heat generator. Time will give us that answer. If you plan to track your ZL1 be prepared to spend alot of time learning before you try running at 8/10ths. Plenty of bent ZL1 pics from the track with the slower ZL1. Get track and life insurance!

But a $62K+ car is affordable performance? Dont forget insurance for our younger buyers and the guzzler tax? (Or did the new ZL1 somehow avoid that? The PR just says tax.) What planet is the person who wrote that from? LOL

The new ZL1 sounds like a very impressive car as are all the CA6 Camaros in thier class. Congrats Chevy.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #64
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Danny View Post
So $62K for the ZL1 or $66K for a Grand Sport...Choices...I'm not sure which way to go here. The backseat in the Camaro is useless for me, but it definitely a very pretty car.

I'll have to think on this one for a bit. Any idea when we can actually go to a dealer and order one of these things?
Yeah, this is where I am at too. My thought is to stick with the GS if you don't need a back seat. Its an NA car that's almost as fast in a straight line and faster on a road course. Lighter, better mpg, and less likely to have problems on road trips. I just got back from an 800 mile trip in the ZL1 and my SC is howling, but I knew it would happen sooner or later. I don't have time to take it to the dealer right now so its in storage for a month.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #65
vgradio

Drives: ZL1 convertible 2013 Silver Ice
The perfomance figures are with the new A10 transmission, shouldn't we expect slightly worse with a M6?
vgradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #66
vgradio

Drives: ZL1 convertible 2013 Silver Ice
No difference between coupe and convertible?

I guess still the max speed limit.
vgradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #67
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgradio View Post
The perfomance figures are with the new A10 transmission, shouldn't we expect slightly worse with a M6?
While there may be something in the way of a better launch system, more efficient traction management system, easier to use clutch and the rev match, yes, usually (these days) your best times on this type of car are with the auto because it's very difficult for a human driver to slip launch a stick correctly enough to not burn the clutch, and grab traction, and shift quick and precise enough, to get the ET of the autos. From a roll i'd think it a different story, but all things being equal.. An auto will launch quicker and more precisely than the stick.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #68
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Thumbs up Bang for the buck

Its hard to find a 3 second car for ~$63k.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/3-secon...-60-mph-times/

The 2017 ZL1 runs with pretty good company.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #69
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
So based on your signature it looks like you can get the mirrors and rear spoiler black? Awesome!!
I have not seen black mirrors except the renderings. The actual pictures are body color as is the antenna even if you select the center stripe
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #70
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
very fair pricing, I am pleasantly surprised