Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
The ones you guys are talking about for 69 and 89 bucks on Amazon are not as nice as the ones that I refereed and the original poster refereed to in early posts... the ones at Amazon and where ever else your finding them are not staggered, there nice but the staggered ones look best!! Just my 2 cents!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
The ones you guys are talking about for 69 and 89 bucks on Amazon are not as nice as the ones that I refereed and the original poster refereed to in early posts... the ones at Amazon and where ever else your finding them are not staggered, there nice but the staggered ones look best!! Just my 2 cents!!

Correct, they are not staggered, but they look great on the car still, I liked the I staggered look better. But like you said too, that's my two cents. Also when looking at the car from directly behind you can not tell the difference between the staggered and not
Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #17
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger80 View Post
These are 2.50 in 3.50 out..have to see what size MRT are behind there tips if the tips are 3.50.
Do you have a pic to post of your setup ? And are you guys using the 1LE pc.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
usranger80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
These are 2.50 in 3.50 out..have to see what size MRT are behind there tips if the tips are 3.50.
Do you have a pic to post of your setup ? And are you guys using the 1LE pc.
Yes, and you can see more here. Mrt is 2.5 behind the tips

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=309476&page=2
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
usranger80

One more
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:

I agree - staggered wrap the camaro bumper so much better -I'd try to find staggered....you only buy once...

Last edited by Glen e; 07-31-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
bee sting

Quote:
Yes, and you can see more here. Mrt is 2.5 behind the tips

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=309476&page=2
Thanks for your help .. Nice looking Camaro and your like me on the Mods . I just can't Stop !

Did you have the tips welded on ?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #22
bee sting

Quote:
The website you listed here has the best tips around for these cars as you know already, I ordered mine from them as well.. I ordered them about a month or so ago... they were on national back order.. they made some improvements on there already awesome tips and the owner just emailed me today, he has been updating me right along, so great customer service... but anyways in the email today he told me that they will be back in stock and ready to ship within 7 days from today!!
So I'm really excited to finally be able to do my quad tip mod, been waiting forever...
I would just order them from him again if your smart... I've looked other places and no one else's tips compare!!
Good luck!!

I can't seem to find a link to email them on there site . I'd like to know price and I see That they will be in stock the 1st week of August . Any help contacting them would be Great .
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
usranger80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Thanks for your help .. Nice looking Camaro and your like me on the Mods . I just can't Stop !

Did you have the tips welded on ?
Yes I did have them welded on. 150$ at Midas to do it. Like the others say, you can get the staggered too, I ordered the staggered ones from the link posted in the OP initially but it was a 1-2 month wait to get them. They are nice no doubt, but honestly I feel mine look great, I am 110% happy with my choice and have no regrets, plus if you really don't like them they are only 70$ which is a good price in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #24
usranger80

Everyone has their own opinion, I think there have been pics of both types posted, and honestly I can't tell the difference unless you really get down there and look. Find what you like and put it on.

The guy from the tips.bythehost.com (SSclones) site is a good honest guy too. I purchased, he wrote me saying it would be mid to late August before he got them in and asked if I wanted I refund. I told him I would get back to him, checked out the tips I have now from another post and decided to go with them, wrote the guy from SSclones and said I would like a refund and he processed the refund in 24 hrs. So you cant go wrong with him either, you just might have to wait forever because the tips have been on back order forever and due to the popularity of this mod they may sell out quick.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #25
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Unlike some posts that get real elitist quickly, I think it the staggered thing is not a deal breaker. I think they both look good. More critical than the staggered aspect is to get someone who takes their time lining things up before they weld. They need to be "tucked in" and centered. I saw a job down here that was terrible right to left, and crooked. Very apparent to the eye.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #26
usranger80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Unlike some posts that get real elitist quickly, I think it the staggered thing is not a deal breaker. I think they both look good. More critical than the staggered aspect is to get someone who takes their time lining things up before they weld. They need to be "tucked in" and centered. I saw a job down here that was terrible right to left, and crooked. Very apparent to the eye.
I agree, the guy who welded mine let me hold them where I wanted them and when I said "good" he tacked them in place and we went from there. I have seen some tips that stick out waaay to far from the diffuser. With the MRTv2 though you don't really have a choice it seems since you have to cut the old tips off behind the hangers which seems to make them line up fine.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #27
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
One more
Those do look good!!
I'm still going to wait for the staggered though, waited this long, what's another week.... so he says anyways!!

CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, mrt 2.0, tips