The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
C7 MAG Ride System

Is the C7 MAG ride System the same as I have in my ZL1? If so, it is a great system. When I track my ZL1 you can really feel the MAG Ride System when you select the different modes. Love it!

Question though...... When you look at the MAG ride under the front end it has a very small spring at the top. Can this spring be changed out for a shorter spring to lower the car or will that mess up the MAG ride all together?
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
tnspd

So no one has any input for this question?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
SilverRay

Drives: 2014 Silver C7 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
Is the C7 MAG ride System the same as I have in my ZL1? If so, it is a great system. When I track my ZL1 you can really feel the MAG Ride System when you select the different modes. Love it!

Question though...... When you look at the MAG ride under the front end it has a very small spring at the top. Can this spring be changed out for a shorter spring to lower the car or will that mess up the MAG ride all together?
There is fiberglass leaf springs front and rear, there is an adjustment bolt at the end of the spring that you can lower your car about one inch, this is the same setup as the C6 was. There is a video on how to do this if I can find it I will post it.
SilverRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
SilverRay

And this will not mess up the mag ride
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
The Mag ride in the C7 is all new and a new generation that responds more quickly and is a more intelligent system to my knowledge.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
SilverRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
The Mag ride in the C7 is all new and a new generation that responds more quickly and is a more intelligent system to my knowledge.
Yes it is and you can still lower the car how nice
Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
tnspd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRay View Post
Yes it is and you can still lower the car how nice
Very Nice!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
SilverRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post

This Edmunds review will show you how it's done, it's about 1/3 way into the article

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...alkaround.html

Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
SilverRay

The C7 Corvette continues on with a transverse composite leaf spring (yellow) that presses against the lower control arm.
This height adjuster (green) is a nice feature of this layout, and a Corvette has one at each corner. Twirl all four and you can lower the car. Tweak selected ones while the car is sitting on a set of digital pad scales and you can "corner weight" the car to evenly distribute your own mass or optimize the car to suit whatever track or autocross course you might be tackling.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
illiceman

Drives: 2012 ZL 1
Hmm Never tracked my ZL 1.I guess thata the reason I was not really impressed with it.
illiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiceman View Post
Hmm Never tracked my ZL 1.I guess thata the reason I was not really impressed with it.
Gotta be! What other reason could there possibly be?

How can one be impressed unless following it from initial order to build to delivery?

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
illiceman

Drives: 2012 ZL 1
Huh
illiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Simple: one does a retail sold order in order to get exactly what one wants. If one does not do a retail sold order, than what difference does it make if one bought an order or bought off the lot? And if going through the retail sold order process, ignoring or overlooking the fundamental part of the process, namely: getting updates from when the order was accepted, scheduled to be built, built, scheduled for delivery to dealer and, most important, delivered, then one has missed out on the roller coaster ride of doing a retail order and no matter what will always know they have missed out on THE most important aspect of buying a new car.

Deny as you will but you will always know I am right.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
tnspd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRay View Post

The C7 Corvette continues on with a transverse composite leaf spring (yellow) that presses against the lower control arm.
This height adjuster (green) is a nice feature of this layout, and a Corvette has one at each corner. Twirl all four and you can lower the car. Tweak selected ones while the car is sitting on a set of digital pad scales and you can "corner weight" the car to evenly distribute your own mass or optimize the car to suit whatever track or autocross course you might be tackling.

SWEET!