The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #141
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Tate and Jones will be ready. Riddick lead the league in receptions out of the backfield not so long ago, so bring that blitz. Watch out for the kid Golladay, and maybe, just maybe Eric Ebron will catch the ball on Sunday. I will be there. This will be a measuring stick game for the Lions. Atlanta looks like the class of the NFC, if not the whole league. I am not EXPECTING victory, but it is not out of the question. If it is close in the fourth, expect 'Money' Matt Stafford to pull out his 31st fourth quarter comeback victory, especially with the Falcons proven lack of close out ability, see the most recent Super Bowl for confirmation. Have a nice day!
ATL has a new OC, a drunk. If you watched last Sunday, they had a 24 point lead in the 3rd, no stupid passing plays. Burn the clock, win the game. Even a drunk can figure that one out.

Stafford and Ryan are actually very good friends. I expect both of them to play very well, as this will be their "bragging rights" game of the year.

31-28 ATL. The biggest "Money" player on either side is Matt 'the ageless wonder' Bryant. He kicks a 50 yard FG with under a minute to close the game.

If your a betting man, the over (49) is almost a lock.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #142
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
I agree, the over should be a safe bet. Should be a highly entertaining game. Ford Field will be rocking . I will be there. Have a good one Joe.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #143
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
I agree, the over should be a safe bet. Should be a highly entertaining game. Ford Field will be rocking . I will be there. Have a good one Joe.
While your there, feast your eyes on #11 Julio Jones. 6'3", 230 lbs, 4.3 speed,,,,, It just ain't fair!

That's not normal human athletic size/speed. I am still of the belief he is from another planet.

It's too bad Stafford doesn't have him, because he's got a 100x better deep ball then Ryan.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #144
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
While your there, feast your eyes on #11 Julio Jones. 6'3", 230 lbs, 4.3 speed,,,,, It just ain't fair!

That's not normal human athletic size/speed. I am still of the belief he is from another planet.

It's too bad Stafford doesn't have him, because he's got a 100x better deep ball then Ryan.
Joe, if your watching , take a look at the rookie Kenny Galladay. 6'3", 215. He's still very green, but has the tools to be a big time threat for the long ball to the zone. Did you see his laid out 45 yard 4th quarter TD. He may be come something special.
Totally agree with you on Jones, that just ain't fair!!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:41 PM   #145
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Joe, if your watching , take a look at the rookie Kenny Galladay. 6'3", 215. He's still very green, but has the tools to be a big time threat for the long ball to the zone. Did you see his laid out 45 yard 4th quarter TD. He may be come something special.
Totally agree with you on Jones, that just ain't fair!!

What a game.

Stafford played great, Ryan didn't, had 3 interceptions. ATL's defense played good, but Desmond Trufont gave the Lions 2 huge breaks on penalties on the final drive. He holds on 2nd and 30?

He gets a pass interference call in the end zone on an uncatchable ball.

Less then a foot from being in the end zone on the final play.
Atlanta was very fortunate to win this game.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:14 PM   #146
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Anyone saw Pats vs. Texans? What a game that was.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #147
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Only the Lions.. let's add this game to the list of -Only The Lions- only the lions lose football games by some rule that you don't know about or doesn't make any sense. Lions lose in Chicago with the " didn't complete the process" call on Calvin Johnson. Richard Sherman intentionally bats a fumbled Calvin Johnson ball out of the end zone,even the referees didn't know the correct call that the Lions get the ball first and Ten from the fumble spot. Now this one, the league mandates all touchdowns are reviewed, there refs make the wrong call, and the Lions don't get a 4th down play because of league mandated rules concerning league mandated touchdown reviews. Only The Lions! As I mentioned in my earlier post, I didn't expect victory as the Falcons looked to be the class of the NFL or at least the NFC, but that was disappointing that the refs, and the league rules resulted in the final outcome instead of the players. Now I know that happens all the time, as in the questionable penalties that Joe mentioned. But that was hard to stomach. Don't know why the Falcons didn't run more as they were gashing the Lions on the ground, check into that for me Joe! Lions compete against the best and come up a little short, 18 inches or so!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #148
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Only the Lions.. let's add this game to the list of -Only The Lions- only the lions lose football games by some rule that you don't know about or doesn't make any sense. Lions lose in Chicago with the " didn't complete the process" call on Calvin Johnson. Richard Sherman intentionally bats a fumbled Calvin Johnson ball out of the end zone,even the referees didn't know the correct call that the Lions get the ball first and Ten from the fumble spot. Now this one, the league mandates all touchdowns are reviewed, there refs make the wrong call, and the Lions don't get a 4th down play because of league mandated rules concerning league mandated touchdown reviews. Only The Lions! As I mentioned in my earlier post, I didn't expect victory as the Falcons looked to be the class of the NFL or at least the NFC, but that was disappointing that the refs, and the league rules resulted in the final outcome instead of the players. Now I know that happens all the time, as in the questionable penalties that Joe mentioned. But that was hard to stomach. Don't know why the Falcons didn't run more as they were gashing the Lions on the ground, check into that for me Joe! Lions compete against the best and come up a little short, 18 inches or so!
I don't think the calls against Desmond Trufont were bad calls, he committed both. They were horrific on his part given the 2nd and 30 (holding call) and pass interference in the end zone on 3rd and 10, on a ball that was thrown about 5 yards out of bounds. Trufont even slapped himself on the helmet after the flag was thrown.

The Falcons kept throwing because Julio Jones was being singled at the line, but spied on by Darius Clay. When he went deep, two defenders went with him, opening up single coverage on Sanu, Gabriel, and Freeman. The first drive of the game they took full advantage of it and went down the field easily, but Matty Ice made a few bad throws afterwards and Darius was there to pick them off (he had 2 ints).

Why they didn't run more, your guess is as good as mine. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe ATLs OC was sampling some Detroit beer.

I have seen this ten second rule enforced in games before, but never with a team on the 1 yard line.

Unfortunately for the Lions, Tate's left knee was down before the ball broke the plain of the goal line. He was less then a foot away. Ryan and Trufont played very bad in this game, ATL was very fortunate to win.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #149
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Boycotting NFL.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #150
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Boycotting NFL.
I have been last season and this one.

I stop by this thread to see how my buddy Kenny and his Lions are doing, but we still watch college football. I prefer actual football, known as soccer in the US.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #151
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Joe, it's Slay. Darius Slay. Big Play Slay. He's the starting cornerback. Not sure how he was spying the guy he is covering when Jones lines up on his side of the field, but..funny how Tate was down because he was being held or interfered with for three to four strides prior to catching the disputed touchdown.. hard to win a football game with only one offensive touchdown in 59 minutes and 52 seconds. On to Minnesota.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #152
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Boycotting NFL.
Why ?
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #153
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
[QUOTE=Royal Tiger;9918501]I have been last season and this season

Why
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:55 AM   #154
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
I don't know about the rest of you but it makes me sick to watch these overpaid athletes disrespect the United States by kneeling or sitting during the singing of our National Anthem. This is not freedom of speech it complete disrespect to the men and women of our armed forces who keep us safe.