Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
I believe this Camaro is my gateway car. I've loved all things cars and trucks my entire life, but this is the first (of many hopefully) "cool" car that I have owned that isn't just a regular, run-of-the-mill econobox. This might be the car that opens the floodgates for me. Right now I am too early in my career to be able to afford one on my own, so my dad and I each paid half for our Camaro. I like all cars and was researching Challengers and 5.0s also, but I think the only car he would ever go halvsies in with me was for a Camaro (not that that's a bad thing!). He never said it because he knows how much I like cars and looking at different ones to compare, but I kind of got that vibe in the few days leading up to the day we bought our 45th.

All-in-all this is definitely a one-of-a-kind amazing car that I will keep and cherish forever, but I definitely do not plan on stopping at that! I have a long list of cars I want to own at some point in my life.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #30
CamaroKevin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS SIM
This Camaro is my "it" car. I remember seeing the concept back in '06 when I was only 16 and fell in love with it... Now 2012 and I finally have it in my driveway, same silver metallic. Even after all that time, I still had the same amount of excitement as I did the first time I saw the concept. I hope I never have to part with it and can put it away one day. It's the most amazing affordable car I have laid eyes on and I'm so glad I have one of my own.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
CamaroKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #31
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
Yes! Yes! Yes!
When I first got it I loved it and I shared. I let my son in law drive it, my wife, my son (daughter cant drive clutch) But now no one will touch it- they all feel uneasy about driving it for fear of damaging it and crushing my spirit. I was thinking about getting a zl1 but down deep i know I would have to get it repainted to cyber grey and have my stripes put on. I want no other look on no other car.
Cobra XRS-9965 Radar Detector
Rider Graphix XM hood spears
Big Worm Vinyl for bowties
Emblem pros XM Badges/Emblems
Airaid Cold Air Intake

NEXT UP: Interior LED conversion/footwell lights
ON DECK: Engine Cover
mmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #32
STW

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
I had a 70 SS Chevelle that I bought when I was 18. Said id cut off a toe before I sold it. One day 12 years later....I sold it in craigslist in 10 minutes. Forever changes.

STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #33
STW

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
I love my 1SS and would cut off a toe before id sell it. Lol

STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
This is my It car. It always has been. It is the only car model I've ever chosen to own and I have no plans of ever changing that. Nothing makes me feel the way a Camaro does. I've never stopped thinking about the 3rd gen and 4th gen I owned in the past and with all of the love Ive poured into Sasuke I know I will never be able to part with him. I'll just have to buy him a few brothers and sisters.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #35
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
back then its not THE car yet. bcs i wanted the ss but daddy bought the v6 me. but now is THE car for me. i will never sell it and i'll bring her to my home country. someday.........

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #36
Skizioli

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
I would consider the camaro my "it" car. Its got the best of both worlds, drop dead gorgeous looks, and good fuel economy, which I need as I drive alot. So it doesn't have SS power? I'm fine with that and happy to say even after test driving the V8 I don't have the bug. It just makes me happy to know I'm 23 and could get her myself

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Myself with HP Tuners
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30R20) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can
-Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Skizioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #37
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
after customizing my bullet it kind of grew on me ,i love and enjoy this car so much that i would never give it up to anyone ,it's the coolest and most enjoyed car i've ever driven even more than my EVO.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #38
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #39
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
I was obsessed with mine, until I attempted to autocross it.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #40
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Tough call. It is my first brand new car after many years of driving. But it is not my everything I ever wanted fantasy car. So I can't say I have no plans of ever getting rid of it, but have no current plans to do so.

I was not happy ABM was no longer offered, and now hate how Carbon Flash and a black interior gets filthy so fast on a daily driver convertible. I am also not happy to see all the little chips and scratches that show up even though I am being careful. So in 10 years, this car probably won't look so hot anymore, and I will definitely be tired of hand washing it (I am already). Maybe I will trade it in on a C6 Camaro if they look decent, or something else in a domestic 2 door, preferably convertible.

But if all that is available are little 4 door econoboxes in a few years because of CAFE or some other reason, I am not trading it in for one of those. Especially not a foreign one.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #41
Gman5001

Drives: 1lt crystal red metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGame55 View Post
No, defiantly not my "it" car,

My 100% "it" car may include but not limited to...

EVO X
Ferrari F50
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ford Raptor
Scion FRS
Camaro ZL1
Hayabusa
Corvette Z06

But I know myself and I will never be satifited with what I currently have. Hell, I could have a Bugatti and be like "Meh, I want something else now." after a few months.

I hate myself sometimes LOL
I am the exact same way

Gman5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #42
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
Quote:
Originally Posted by STW View Post
I had a 70 SS Chevelle that I bought when I was 18. Said id cut off a toe before I sold it. One day 12 years later....I sold it in craigslist in 10 minutes. Forever changes.

"forever changes" - well said
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote