Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Not sure where to post this, going to the track

Well tomorrow ill be going up to the Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, FL. I want to see what my car does in the 1/4 mile.

I've searched for track info and things like that as far as what to do, if anything needs to be done to the car. It will be my first time, my buddy I'm going with has gone up there a lot and I believe his Chevelle runs low 9's. I'm just nervous about breaking something. Should I be worried with it being an L99 and having the DOD lifters? I haven't done the LS3 conversion yet
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Im sure you will be fine. you bought a Camaro... go enjoy it!
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
No worries...you'll be fine.

There is a racing sub forum though...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

You'll be nervous for the first few times out. Totally normal. Have your buddy explain how to work the staging lights. Watch a couple runs and see how it all works. No need for a John Force burn out either. Just focus on getting up to the line and leave when you see that last yellow bulb. The A #1 goal is to get you and the car home in one piece...behind that is to just have fun....and then finally you can worry about fast times later.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233956 take a look at this thread. I put a few things in post #19.

Just going to warn you about something though.....it's going to be scary, fun, and addictive all at once. I doubt very seriously this will be the one and only time you go racing.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm not claiming to be an expert racer or anything at all but I have gone a good handful of times.

Here is some video I took. I try to video myself so I can go back and look at everything that was going on. This will be a good watch for you though. You can see how we drive around the water box, do a real simple burn out (because I'm going to assume you're going to be on street tires and not drag radials or slicks), pull up to turn on the staging lights, and I leave when that last yellow comes on (it takes that fraction of a second for your car to react).

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the sub forum. Yeah my buddy is going to show me everything. Told me I'll need a helmet if I run faster than 13s, I've never timed my car, so I'm going to take one just in case I am that fast. Not sure though seeing as I don't have a lot of mods
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote